Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Siliconemelons

No one forgot tentacles. In fact, I think that's one thing the Americans one-upped them on.
yup we added some nice mecha tentacles! the book was surprisingly lacking in any sorts of tentacles as the mimics where kinda lumbering star-fish like sacks of WE SHOOT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU rather than the spinning mechanical death machines that can shoot also BUT WHY THEY ARE SPINNING AND COOL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched this a few days ago, one of the better sci-fi movie I've seen in a long while.

I liked seeing Tom Cruise die over an over again...like when he tried rolling under the truck and got run over.
smile.png

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my favorite death is a tie between being run over, and him begging whats her name not to shoot.

Watched it last night. Really good stuff, also read the manga earlier today which was super short. I have to say I liked the movie better then the manga, aside from the scene where Rita realizes he was looping
The manga version had some powerful feels there.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
In the manga, he puts a number on his wrist to determine which loop it is. That would have been nice to see in the movie. But, the movie is still good.

Siliconemelons

Watched it last night. Really good stuff, also read the manga earlier today which was super short. I have to say I liked the movie better then the manga, aside from the scene where Rita realizes he was looping
The manga version had some powerful feels there.
Eh it did, but I felt the manga was trying a little to much at that point- maybe it was the perspective change, while cool, only served a singular purpose.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw it. Great movie imo 7/10
Am i the only one who was pissed with the alpha's blood reaching cage at the end? Damn....that was fucked up.
But now he has a chance to bone the FMB eheh
Oh emily....

Oh i laughed my ass off when he went full i don't care about anyone and i'll do it by myself lol

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Am i the only one who was pissed with the alpha's blood reaching cage at the end? Damn....that was fucked up.
Oh emily....

Oh i laughed my ass off when he went full i don't care about anyone and i'll do it by myself lol
Well the blood thing... they kinda had to do something to wrap it up - so they did the hollywod thing. We look at the story as the overall "thing" with cage etc. as players in the story- the story needs to be finished. In the manga and in eastern audiences the "story" is about the character in the situation- so the fact that at the end the overall story is still left open withthe characters story is wrapped up (in a clich? manga/anime way also!)

Without Cage surviving and the alpha dead there is a lot left open- yes us humans would be able to progress in the battle and have a "fair shot" as winning vs before where we just got reset until the mimics win- but that's a big IF- we still where outmatched by their number and technology etc. (while the Manga it seems as if we advanced our technology to outpace them- they just where able to evolve to/past our tech via the loops and keep winning) - and in the manga nothing was really done to stop them from looping still, other than the knowledge and skill obtained.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally got around to watching this last weekend and man this movie was great. I loved Oblivion too. There aren't too many films that Cruise picks to be in that stink.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh emily....

My question after the alpha blood thing is: Everytime he dies now does he go back to that point and restart time like he was doing before?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It would hit the trigger for the omega to reset, but since there's no longer an omega nothing happens.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I thought that it was Omega blood at the end that got to him, not Alpha blood.

So we all assume that he suddenly became the new Omega, and thus was able to reset himself even further back in the past.