Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully the fact that she needs another year is in fact directly related to Captain Marvel. November 2018 makes it seem like not so much, but I've been pushing for her in that since the first day I heard they were making the movie. Maybe she's in negotiations and can't commit to anything until she gets that sewn up. Maybe she's even going to guest star in some of the earlier movies, and that is part of the problem. A guy can dream, right?

I absolutely loved Edge of Tomorrow (I've watched parts of it dozens of times already), and it solidified my love for Emily Blunt as well, so if Tom says he has a good idea for a sequel, I really want it to happen. He very rarely does wrong with a movie he is passionately behind.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
Hopefully the fact that she needs another year is in fact directly related to Captain Marvel. November 2018 makes it seem like not so much, but I've been pushing for her in that since the first day I heard they were making the movie. Maybe she's in negotiations and can't commit to anything until she gets that sewn up. Maybe she's even going to guest star in some of the earlier movies, and that is part of the problem. A guy can dream, right?

I absolutely loved Edge of Tomorrow (I've watched parts of it dozens of times already), and it solidified my love for Emily Blunt as well, so if Tom says he has a good idea for a sequel, I really want it to happen. He very rarely does wrong with a movie he is passionately behind.
I'm having trouble seeing Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel. I'm not against it, I just don't see what you guys are seeing. Can you help me out with that?

I loved this movie too. When I watched it, I wasn't expecting it to be much, and was pleasantly surprised. I'd definitely be on board for a sequel. Cruise seems to pretty much pick good movies to be a part of, and I can't remember being disappointed by him in anything lately.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She did a great job playing a badass in Edge of Tomorrow. I want Carol Danvers to be a badass, so I want Emily Blunt to play Ms Marvel. Or Captain, whatever they're calling her for the movie.

Supposedly Marvel wanted her to play Black Widow but she was busy, so I'm hoping Marvel still wants her, and Danvers is the only major female role left until probably 2020 or something.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
She did a great job playing a badass in Edge of Tomorrow. I want Carol Danvers to be a badass, so I want Emily Blunt to play Ms Marvel. Or Captain, whatever they're calling her for the movie.
Pretty much this. And if you've ever watched any of her other movies, you know that she's a pretty good actress too.

After seeing her in Edge of Tomorrow, she just looks like she can pull off a hard ass superhero, which I'm with Gavinmad, Carol Danvers needs to be a fucking bad ass. This was the best gif I could find on short notice, but take away the armor and put her in a super suit, and this is sort of how I picture Danvers when she decides, "Ok, time to fuck someone up." Blunt does that look perfectly.

wulZc7YbH5LQ4.gif

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Right, its a look that isn't overly aggressive, its not subtle, either, though. It's a look that just says she's got a job to do and she's going to get it done. She doesn't quite have the physicality that captain marvel normally demonstrates, but she nails the mannerisms

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The right to left orientation of the panels. I mean it literally gives me a headache trying to read that way.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm cool with her taking the time to do both roles right. She finished up Edge of Tomorrow being pregnant, after getting that fit. Her mind probably needs a recovery period even if her physicality doesn't.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I forget how amazing the scene is when she realizes somebody else is experiencing the same hell she is. My main complaint about the movie is they don't capture that scene.
That's what I said.It really was a powerful scene that they didn't try in the movie. Initially I said it wouldn't have worked with the movie version of the characters, but I wish they would have tried. Even without the extended backstory for FMB I'd like Cruise and Blunt to have had a shot at that emotion.

Vvoid has been suggesting Blunt for Carol Danvers for almost a year now. I'm 100% in that camp, she'd fucking kill it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been fangasming over the idea ever since I heard that Marvel originally approached for both Black Widow and Peggy Carter, which was probably right around the time I finally saw Edge of Tomorrow. So yeah, about a year.

*edit*

I watched it again this morning. She's so awesome.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They should just do the manga ending.
In the movie was she a badass because of the loop? Did she know about the loop?

Szlia

Cautiously pesimistic. What is there to add to this story? Even expanding the story that has already been told (like showing the many failed attempts at going past the farm house and the toll it takes on Cruise's character) would probably not work.