Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

sleibhienn

Trakanon Raider
Solid 8/10. Fun, decently paced and not overtly complicated plot. Action was great, acting and chemistry between the leads was great. Too bad they didn't market it better, the IMAX theater I went to didn't fill up all the way like most opening nights of any moderately good movie. That said:

When he finds out that its the blood from the alphas that gives him the looping power, he should have tried to figure out a way to get Rita drenched in the same thing at the beach. Then both of them can work on getting another person drenched... repeat with new recruit and train said recruit until you have a huge army of time looping super soldiers. Attack Omega and profit.

Szlia

When he finds out that its the blood from the alphas that gives him the looping power, he should have tried to figure out a way to get Rita drenched in the same thing at the beach. Then both of them can work on getting another person drenched... repeat with new recruit and train said recruit until you have a huge army of time looping super soldiers. Attack Omega and profit.
It would have made sense and it occurred to me too, but it would also have been impossible to tell the story clearly if several people had the power at the same time. Or it would have reached Primer level of mindfuckery which is obviously not the type of movie it wanted to be.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Early box office estimates have this doing worse than Maleficent's 2nd weekend.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty good movie, even if hearing "cage" a hundred times was a little mind-numbing to me personally. The ending could've used a little more work.

I was happy with the fact they used quite a bit of original footage and didn't abuse the hell out of "reload" footage like other works have done. Anyone who's seen Haruhi knows what I mean.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
And both will be bulldozed by the fault In our stars. Saw a line of pubescent girls at every screening for that movie.
Huh. I've never even heard of that movie until now, but I guess that would explain all the little girls. I just sort of assumed they were there for Maleficent, but this would make sense.

I was pretty disappointed to see that there were probably less than 50 people in the theater for the 10:55PM Thursday night showing of this. All the other summer movies from this year that I've gone to see on the Thursday night showing have been pretty full.

Column_sl

shitlord
It deserves the mediocrity it has garnered.

Should have been a really badass movie like Aliens, turned out to be another romance film where Tom Foose saves the world.
Even the Alien designs were pedestrian.

I'm going to read the Manga to see how much it was the fault of the scriptwriters, or if it was the orginal story that was to blame.

Szlia

The manga is also an adaptation (read a few chapter and it's significantly weaker than the movie). The original work is a novel.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I actually enjoyed this movie. Tom Cruise wasn't playing his normal Tom Cruise role. Emily Blunt was a hot bad-ass. It had some funny bits. Good popcorn flick. 4/5.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Huh. I've never even heard of that movie until now, but I guess that would explain all the little girls. I just sort of assumed they were there for Maleficent, but this would make sense.

I was pretty disappointed to see that there were probably less than 50 people in the theater for the 10:55PM Thursday night showing of this. All the other summer movies from this year that I've gone to see on the Thursday night showing have been pretty full.
Yeah The Fault in Our Stars is apparently curbstomping everything this weekend despite having 0 internationals--Edge of Tomorrow even had a week headstart internationally. Still enjoyed EoT though, was great to see Ser Dontos and Locke from game of thrones.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It warms my heart to see these big budget monstrosities flop. $175 million to make. what. the. fuck.