Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone tried this build? If so how is it? There are so many builds I want to try it’s driving me crazy.

This is similar to what I've been, I guess unknowingly, running since the start. Found the Angel Scythe on day 1 and have only specc'd in to Faith and Vigor / Mind. My Mind stat is lagging through so didn't rely as heavily on Angel L2 as much as he said in the video. It is a fun build though, and just today got the Godslayer sword so can try it out now.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Blue Silver Mail (altered) and Deathbed Dress.

Got the Deathbed Dress, if this wasn't already my favorite game in years, it is now. Female characters look glorious wearing that thing and swinging a katana.

Speaking of katanas, I've got one Ancient Somber and can't decide whether to use it on Moonveil or Hand of Malenia.

I'm still running the dex build with Malenia's weapon (yeah, I finally beat her, with Rivers of Blood L2 spam), but also strongly considering switching to a magic build and rocking Moonveil.

All I have left is the last five or so story bosses. So the question is, for the final area, do I want Moonveil/spells or Malenia/tons of dex? Got 80 dex now (the softcap) and it destroys things, so it seems silly to switch things up at the 11th hour, but I also really like Moonveil and want to get into spells. Could just as easily do that after the final area though, I guess?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ok it is official Journey 2 sucks, going to start a new game. At least then I have to worry about dying.
Any special rules you're going to follow? I've been trying to break the game but feel like I'm missing something essential, but don't want to stop. Beating a boss with my faith dragonborne build is so cheesy.

I feel like a no summons, no talisman playthrough would be interesting. Maybe no weapon upgrades?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can't take the stress of another one of these massive towers. The tower of Liurnia was just too much. This game is giving me acrophobia. There had better not be any heights in Lyndel.

1646694553505.png

deaddove-expectations.gif

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Any special rules you're going to follow? I've been trying to break the game but feel like I'm missing something essential, but don't want to stop. Beating a boss with my faith dragonborne build is so cheesy.

I feel like a no summons, no talisman playthrough would be interesting. Maybe no weapon upgrades?
Probably no curved great swords, trying a power stance dagger build early. We will see what I end up going with. Quality builds just seem to be my style. The faith build was just meh.
Buckler parry is nuts I downed the tree sentinel straight out the gate as a bandit.

Maybe a great spear or partizan and great shield build. Tank and poke!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No Spells, no summons would be a good first start for a harder play through. Probably not too hard with those bleed claws you get early. Seems everything susceptible to bleed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I did this with seikro as well, beat it in a couple days post launch but almost zero interest in playing the game some more due to no variations on builds.
This game though, variation is insane and can’t wait to try new things.
Mods, can not wait to see what the community is going to do with this. My first guess is fix PvP balance.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I finally looked in the ash of war menu and had no idea I could change my greatsword to a magic or heavy build with ashes of war....I just converted to magic but am wondering can I remove it at some point and switch back to normal or switch it up to heavy once I pump str some more?

Seems to stagger more easily and definitely does more damage but not everything is weak to magic.

Also, is this worse for Radahn? Haven't gone back there but he seems to be magic based, so is he immune to magic dmg? Sorry I know I can look it up but I'm trying my best to avoid doing it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I’m at 100 hours and like level 174, still have a few bosses left but can’t bring myself to finish. What a ride, what a masterpiece (though not without criticism which I’ll deliver later mostly around the boss fights which I think are fairly mediocre outside of a few unbelievable fights).

Its kind of funny, that the best part of a From release would end up being the open world, exploration, build variety, and dungeon crawling while the bosses kind of felt like icing on the cake, but not the cake itself. I’d also have liked some exposition on big story beats but get why they went the old fashioned From route here and can’t wait to have it explained to me later.

This is the best video game ever made

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Over 50 hours into the game and I just realized what all the golden rune orbs were for in my inventory bag was for. After popping all of them I got around 30k worth of runes.

• 6Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh no, just started Horizon 2 and I hate it. I want her to not say where to go or what to do outloud...

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Over 50 hours into the game and I just realized what all the golden rune orbs were for in my inventory bag was for. After popping all of them I got around 30k worth of runes.

Haha 30k is chump change, I have over 100 of the rune1’s, that’s ~22k alone. I bet I have over 100k worth. I only use them when I feel I’m risking 75% of a levels worth or so. I’ll top myself off and spend the level, then venture into new and dangerous stuff.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No I don't want to smoke fucking hamburgers I want to play Elden Ring god dammit.

• 6Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went longer than I probably should have before I figured out you could increase your flask charge and heal amount

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
35 hours in and dounbt I'm even 1/4th the way through. Killed rannala, that's as far as I've gotten in what I assume is the main quest line

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
heres one i only learned today from /r/eldenring: from the map you can press Y to bring up a list of graces and then square to fast travel to round table. no more derping as I fuck around trying to zoom out to fast travel to Castle Anthrax aka home

03k7bhsfvzl81.jpg

• 1Blown
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users