Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone tried this build? If so how is it? There are so many builds I want to try it’s driving me crazy.

I was doing a strength/faith build where I focused on med-heavy armor/shield with heals and buffs for summons. I didn't like how it was turning out do to the lack of upgrades and build boredom was starting to set in. I ran across this build video decided to switch since I had good amount of the pieces. So far I like it but I can't say how viable it is later on. I'm in Luirnia for example and I still need to upgrade the scythe past +2 and need two more faith for the godsend seal. I was bummed to find out you can't enchant the scythe with the black flame.

Speaking of which...where can I find somber stones +2?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was doing a strength/faith build where I focused on med-heavy armor/shield with heals and buffs for summons. I didn't like how it was turning out do to the lack of upgrades and build boredom was starting to set in. I ran across this build video decided to switch since I had good amount of the pieces. So far I like it but I can't say how viable it is later on. I'm in Luirnia for example and I still need to upgrade the scythe past +2 and need two more faith for the godsend seal. I was bummed to find out you can't enchant the scythe with the black flame.

Speaking of which...where can I find somber stones +2?

Somber +2 are pretty prevalent. I had the Scythe at +4 or 5 before really leaving Liurnia. Be sure to check the mines all around. I’m still using that build and it has been fine up through Radhan. Nothing to compare it to though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmmm... Godfrey can suck a dick. I cant figure out a way to stagger him at all and he literally never stops attacking

Khane

Well, nevermind I guess. Couldn't even dent him my first 10 or so attempts. Used a summon and 1 shot him... heh

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
38989578-4556-4159-B496-EE701BE8FB60.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

After watching the beginning with the dodge fails, I feel personally attacked.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Dodging feels WAY harder in this game than other From Software games. I cant tell if its input lag or they just decided to make every attack have some weird wind up that I cant time correctly. It feels like input lag on the PS5

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, the feints are frustrating as fuck and it seems like fucking everything does them to such an extreme degree.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was me waiting for Margit's overhead smash with the annoyingly long wind up. Just replace each panel with Mr Bean dodging though

1646744366227.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if they can do a "Demon Souls 2" type game without the massive open world but more focused on dense feature and world. And stunning graphics like the remake.

I'd also like to see a Demon's Souls 2. Lot of people think of it as just "Dark Souls Zero" but it's very different from the Dark trilogy in terms of structure, has a different vibe, etc. Here's hoping for Bloodborne 2 AND Demon's Souls 2 in the next decade. Chances are Demon's Souls is done, though, unfortunately.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That dungeon is just flat-out bad, IMO. Those centipede-men are horrible, and yeah, you have to basically sneak or beeline through every time.

Question for anyone with a better memory than mine: What are all of the overworld dragon bosses? I.e. the ones with a boss HP meter. I skipped almost all of them and I want to go back and clear them all out at level 120.

Here are the ones I remember:
-Dragon in swamp near beginning (got this one)
-Mega-dragon surrounded by green dragons (got this one, dunno if it's actually supposed to be a boss)
-Dragon on the plateau where you get Dark Moon Greatsword
-Ice dragon on the frozen lake
-Black dragon near the 3 towers where Renna lives

I can't remember/pinpoint the locations of any other ones offhand, so feel free to throw some my way.

So it turns out that a lot of the dragons are all the same guy, Glintstone Dragon Smarag IIRC. He's in the lake, the 3 towers area, and the Dark Moon plateau. So that's 3 dragons that I thought were different but nope. All I have now is the ice dragon in the frozen lake, I think. It's weird, I thought there were a lot more dragons than this.

Got whomped by Shardbearer Mohg in his palace (weird cause he was pretty easy in the sewers)...why are there two Mohgs anyway?

All I've got left besides Mohg and the ice dragon are like 5 bosses in the final areas. I pretty much went out of my way to clear the whole game out. I'm sure there are still a bunch of catacomb type dungeons out there that I totally missed, too. I'll need to pull up a map and just go region by region hitting everything I don't have.

This is the first game since I played Fallout 3 in 2009 where I actually want to do absolutely everything there is to do. Wow.

Goonsquad Officer
after finding 3 dozen legendary greatswords, i got curious. is there a legendary shield? or a legendary club/warhammer/greathammer or great mace? or is it all all fancy swords with a few other welfare items tossed in?

i'm doing a heavy armor, big shield strength weapon build right now.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So it turns out that a lot of the dragons are all the same guy, Glintstone Dragon Smarag IIRC. He's in the lake, the 3 towers area, and the Dark Moon plateau. So that's 3 dragons that I thought were different but nope. All I have now is the ice dragon in the frozen lake, I think. It's weird, I thought there were a lot more dragons than this.

Got whomped by Shardbearer Mohg in his palace (weird cause he was pretty easy in the sewers)...why are there two Mohgs anyway?

All I've got left besides Mohg and the ice dragon are like 5 bosses in the final areas. I pretty much went out of my way to clear the whole game out. I'm sure there are still a bunch of catacomb type dungeons out there that I totally missed, too. I'll need to pull up a map and just go region by region hitting everything I don't have.

This is the first game since I played Fallout 3 in 2009 where I actually want to do absolutely everything there is to do. Wow.
Do the undead dragon?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some musings on my build. I went with a bleed build using twinblades and transitioned into a dragon communion incantation cast that used the https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon+Communion+Seal to boost my dragon communion incantations. I primarily use https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ekzykes's+Decay

Once I got the dragon communion incantations synergized and leveled up it ended up being ridiculously powerful in most boss fights. I could bait the boss (or use a summon...) dump my mana into yelling at the boss and then gulp flasks. With how many flasks you get by mid-game you can usually kill the boss like this. Once I leaned on casting instead of melee I stopped having to learn the boss mechanics and I found myself one-shotting many bosses with this. Meanwhile, in any situation I didn't use my casting in I knew I was weaker than if I was a pure melee build, so it felt less satisfying. Which is why I'm ditching it and ditching the idea of being a caster in general. I'm going to respec into some kind of int-using melee class that doesn't boost casting enough to really use it as a primary attack, but just as a secondary attack to the melee weapon.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well, nevermind I guess. Couldn't even dent him my first 10 or so attempts. Used a summon and 1 shot him... heh

I've had these extreme moments of clarity. They're something. Do 5 attempts, not even close then take a break and flawless it.

Last boss I did blind in one try some how.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seriously, the feints are frustrating as fuck and it seems like fucking everything does them to such an extreme degree.
This. Even the trash enemies are doing feints and cancels in this game. And the autotracking attacks/pivots are dialed up to 11 even compared to DS3.

Goonsquad Officer
i find myself often 'rotating' around the foes till i see them commit then i risk attacking or drinking. i end up not watching for tells as often as i just wait for them to overextend.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fire Giant - just.... Wow. Kicking my ass. I am even trying to cheese him lol - this one is tough.

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just killed Great Wyrm Theo in Consecrated Snowfield, he's at the east end of the frozen river, southeast of Ordina, Liturgical Town. He dropped 3 hearts.

Count the dragon that was protecting the Academy key in Liurnia?

Also, there was that ancient dragon before or after the Grand Lift of Dectus...the one after all the destroyed carriages.

Thanks, I totally missed the first and third ones, gonna go take a look after work. I know there was also a Great Wyrm in the Ruins Precipice area at the very north end of Liurnia because I had to run like hell from it a few times, but when I went back to get it in the endgame, it was gone.

My worst fight lately was this Magma Wyrm in a tiny room (Gael catacombs I think, or maybe the ones west of the consecrated snowfield) that basically stunlocked me in the doorway with fire breath while I tried to just get out of the blocks. Died 1x, next go I managed to barely get out of the doorway and defeated it fairly easily after that. I've noticed the hardest part of a lot of these fights is just getting out of the blocks in the first place. Once you survive the first 30 seconds and establish a groove, everything works out. Unless it's Malenia. I hope I never fight another boss that regens health as it damages you.

Found another Ancient Somber, now have Malenia +10 AND Moonveil +10. Next Ancient is gonna go to Carian staff and I'll be all set for a caster build later. Only question then will be whether I want to use Moonveil or Dark Moon Greatsword at any given time. Was saving DMG for my caster build, but now Moonveil is a thing. Meme of girl's boyfriend looking backwards at other girl here.

Do you need to also have a faith talisman for casting or does Carian do it all? If you do need a faith talisman, what's the best one? I'm full-on endgame so I can go anywhere and get anything, feelsgoodman. Level 135, might take a swing at the finale later today.