Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Elden Ring
Dark Souls 1/Bloodborne (DS1 because it started it all for me so nostalgia factor)
Dark Souls 3
Demon Souls/Dark Souls 2
Seiko

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well we did it boys. Fire Giant down. That fight was so frustrating simply because the camera would just get fucked on so many attempts. Think it took me like 35 or so. By far the worst yet. Even full grown starfall beast didn't take me that long near volcano manor when I was like 40 levels lower

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Figured I'd post a vid of the last boss I killed with my bloody dragonborn build before I switched to int/dex.

Spoiler: Mohg fight

Nothing special and my performance was trash, but still got the W. I don't really like the build because anytime I'm casting it feels like cheese, with or without the mimic. Anytime I'm not casting and swinging my blade I feel like I have a bunch of points wasted in mind and faith. Bleed is super strong but feels like it tapers off in the late game and is superceded by more traditional scaling. I started to use the occult affinity and got my bleed from seppuku, which I didn't really like using because interrupted the flow of combat. Anyway, it's a super strong build that I'm glad to leave behind.

This build is good in this fight because the weapon attacks are strong at the start, and when the boss is flying around like an asshole in P2 you can punish him with range instead of dodging around the blood/fire pools.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Need some advice fellas....

I own a PS4. Might get a PS5 on Friday if I can snag one via the supposed Gamestop restock in store. Paying a teenage relative to camp it.

PC: GTX 1060 6GB, i5-7600K, 16GB ram.....

What version am i best to get? Or is this the moment where I need to quit playing MMOs and POE and get a real video card.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Okay, please keep in mind that I have never played a souls game before, so please don't bash me too harshly, but I can't figure out how to upgrade my Sword of Night and Flame. I have somber smithing stones, and I went to the blacksmith in the roundtable, and I have plenty of runes, but it's still telling me additional items required. What the hell am I missing? Leveling up all my other items is working, but for some reason, I can't upgrade the one damn weapon that I want to upgrade more than anything else. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Okay, please keep in mind that I have never played a souls game before, so please don't bash me too harshly, but I can't figure out how to upgrade my Sword of Night and Flame. I have somber smithing stones, and I went to the blacksmith in the roundtable, and I have plenty of runes, but it's still telling me additional items required. What the hell am I missing? Leveling up all my other items is working, but for some reason, I can't upgrade the one damn weapon that I want to upgrade more than anything else. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Somber stones are numbered, you need somber stone 1,2 etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Finally got Radahn down, used the rot breath, thanks for the tip. That guy was my Ornstein and Smough (sticking point) for this game I think.

The area in the castle that had the festival participants has a duo boss after he’s dead? This Crucible Knight is wrecking my shit.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally got Radahn down, used the rot breath, thanks for the tip. That guy was my Ornstein and Smough (sticking point) for this game I think.

The area in the castle that had the festival participants has a duo boss after he’s dead? This Crucible Knight is wrecking my shit.
I heard that from a friend of mine but when I warped away and back there the festival was still happening, hoping I'm not glitched!

Congrats BTW, he was definitely the hardest boss I've fought yet, by a decent margin.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Love the details.

been taking my time and exploring everywhere. Came across a small harpy camp with the head harpy singing. Sat here for ten minutes listening.

greatest game From has ever made!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Heh, do they drop EVERY bell bearing in the game if you kill all of them? If yes why wouldn't you do that?!

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Need some advice fellas....

I own a PS4. Might get a PS5 on Friday if I can snag one via the supposed Gamestop restock in store. Paying a teenage relative to camp it.

PC: GTX 1060 6GB, i5-7600K, 16GB ram.....

What version am i best to get? Or is this the moment where I need to quit playing MMOs and POE and get a real video card.
If you care about the frame rate/pacing, playing the digital PS4 (Pro) version on a PS5 via backwards compatibility is one of the best ways to play the game currently. If you're able to snag a PS5, that might be worth considering. However, you wouldn't have access to mods, so that's a definite drawback.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I mean judging by what I found under the capitol city I'm pretty convinced the "merchants" are all part of some evil secret society at this point.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Killed Godrick on day 2 ...

I've been doing nothing but catacombs/exploring/seeds/tears etc etc...

I still got Rabadan sitting there waiting for me too even fight him....

Send help please must stop exploring hahahaha

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You know, I thought that portal looked a little sketch before I clicked on it:

Capture.PNG

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you care about the frame rate/pacing, playing the digital PS4 (Pro) version on a PS5 via backwards compatibility is one of the best ways to play the game currently. If you're able to snag a PS5, that might be worth considering. However, you wouldn't have access to mods, so that's a definite drawback.
yeah, part of me wanted to play this on my giant ass TV on a PS5, but then mods....I imagine that my PC can overall handle it...just might stutter some.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing the PS4 version on a PS5 since my PC is roughly equivalent to yours (GTX 1070), but I'll probably end up double dipping and buying the PC version once the mods are mature. Elden Ring is probably my all-time favorite game at this point, so I don't mind giving them more money.

• 1Like