Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's the little things in this game.

Oh shit what's this? a ghost walking leaving ghostly footpirnts. Better follow him. Oh shit it's an underground entrance, better check it out, the ghost stopped in front of it. OH WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS GIANT BEAR TRYING TO EAT MY FACE AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Creeping through the magic school and the creepy mages are turned away from the middle of the hall reading books, get to the end of the corridor and there's a door. As I mull over if I should try to open it or backstab the mages I SEE A GIANT POT MAN SLOWLY STAND UP OH SHIT RETREAT OH NO HES SPINNING AT ME. That's when the mage casting sounds started x5

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's the little things in this game.

Oh shit what's this? a ghost walking leaving ghostly footpirnts. Better follow him. Oh shit it's an underground entrance, better check it out, the ghost stopped in front of it. OH WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS GIANT BEAR TRYING TO EAT MY FACE AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Man i fucked that bear up. Then later in the game I found one in a cave and was like lol this easy ass mob again, waltzed in and proceeded to get my shit pushed in within seconds of him noticing me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
On the topic of world building, one cool thing I saw was in
the siege area of Lyndel there were craters that were full of white flowers. When I saw it I thought, "Man I can't wait until I find out why these white flowers grow in craters from an item description that is explained to me in a lore youtube video"
#community-building

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
i play on keyboard, but i'm commonly regarded as a madman. most play it on gamepad.

in the past...darksouls 1-2, parts of sekiro and DS3 were monsterously un-helpful and/or downright shat upon to use keyboard and mouse. now it's a matter of changing one option to make the shortcut tips into keyboard, and you can play.

though i HEAVILY remap. i make space jump. shift run/dodge. q target e 'do the thing' and i use thumb mouse button for heavy attack, and other thumb mouse button for use special attack. voila. works great when you're playing an aim class (caster/archer) but....aim class isn't a strong part of the game. you lock on to serious shit anyway. and you can't really forever use cheap sniping to bypass hard content you have to....*dramatic pause* get gud.

i also use a mechanical keyboard which possibly makes a huge difference in getting dodge frames right.
I started with keyboard and switched to a ps4 controller. Helped me regain my sanity.

But for anyone who does wish to pursue the path of madness, make sure you remap the item keys from the default arrow keys to something much closer to the e key. Like 1234.

This way you can press e+1 instead of e+"arrow key" and access the pouch slots that are on the right hand side of the menu screen.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So stopped at the final boss to go back and complete all the side quests I missed. It is actually fucked how much hidden/obscure content this game has that 99% of players will never see without spoilers/walkthroughs. Some of the quest dialoge and direction is so obscure to the point of comedy.

On top of that the UI still blows and PC port is shit as usual with so few QOL options we should be getting on PC's.

I don't understand why we can't do item comparison when in an item menu/purchase menu?
I also wish things like talismans/weapon arts on legendary weapons etc had more info on what they do etc. It's not a "difficultly" thing before you guys flame, just basic QOL shit that I think would make the game play experience smoother and less annoying.

I've sunk abotu 85 hours into it so I do LIKE the game, its fun and a great souls game but I feel like improvements to some basic shit would go a long way.
Big part of why I plan on double dipping on pc in a few weeks probably - a lot of stuff I take issue with surrounding the game are simple fixes the mod community will take care of

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man i fucked that bear up. Then later in the game I found one in a cave and was like lol this easy ass mob again, waltzed in and proceeded to get my shit pushed in within seconds of him noticing me.
The one in dragonbarrow cave I think it was? Lol that bear could wreck demigods

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The one in dragonbarrow cave I think it was? Lol that bear could wreck demigods
I don’t remember exactly where it was but when I run across my asshole laying on a cave floor I’ll turn right around cause I’ll know I’ve found it again.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I do appreciate that at least there's a difference between their suped up magic shot and normal shots. The normal shots you can dodge like anyone else's. It's the magic arrows that are apparently too fast-moving to dodge reliably.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just got Radahn to literally 1 or 2 hits and I had 4 flasks left, mofo still fucking killed me.

He DIES today, no more leveling or equipment, I GOT this. I just wish his 2nd phase was a tad more forgiving for a mistimed dodge. Some of his attacks one shot me if I am off by even a split second :(

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hey guess what, you have to fight him again later... You can get him to teleport to you by spacing him around corners and then charging forward when you see him do his teleport and then beat his ass.

why you fight him twice spoiler
he comes back once you invert that tower, near the end of Rammis quest.
Or you get him to fall in the water under the elevator like a hero. Because fuck that guy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ugh the Fire Giant has too much goddamn hp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Or you get him to fall in the water under the elevator like a hero. Because fuck that guy.
I love how people's builds influence what encounters are difficult in this game. I am a Paladin build and I used the Frenzy Eye Lasers to wreck her. Casts faster than Loretta's Great Bow, and I can stay out of range of the Magic Shower bullshit. Also since she is a tarnished, she is susceptible to Madness, which is a nice chunk of damage and gets her to fuck off and teleport to the next area, so I was able to clear all of the trash without distraction.

• 1Solidarity

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Complete fomo so I had to buy on ps4 because no 5 and computer is old as shit. Noticible frame rate drops but overall not bad. Only made it about 500 feet before I see the big guy on a horse. Not today dark souls elden ring ! Noped out and went in some cave and killed a dog thing. Little green bastards in there are sneaky and dropped on my head a few times.

Went with samurai and won't be doing any cheese. Look forward to unlearning everything Sekiro since I just did three playthrough of that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man this fight would actually not be very hard if he didn't constantly roll onto the fucking rocks. I always diez because I cant maneuver because hes constantly on the fucking rocks

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Complete fomo so I had to buy on ps4 because no 5 and computer is old as shit. Noticible frame rate drops but overall not bad. Only made it about 500 feet before I see the big guy on a horse. Not today dark souls elden ring ! Noped out and went in some cave and killed a dog thing. Little green bastards in there are sneaky and dropped on my head a few times.

Went with samurai and won't be doing any cheese. Look forward to unlearning everything Sekiro since I just did three playthrough of that.

But how could a new player possibly know to skip him and come back later? What kind of wizard are you?

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users