Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ugh the Fire Giant has too much goddamn hp.
I found him harder than Radahn but I kept trying him on foot. He's much easier on horseback, just don't get hit by his AoE. Mimic Tear ashes level 10 took most of the firebolts he threw too.
There's also a cheese strat that I tried but it's a PITA so I gave up and just killed him normally.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Radahn ended up being, uhhh, more simple, once I combined strats and stopped being stubborn. Getting him to P2 was easy enough. I could stagger him right before he flew off. Rot Breath him during the stagger. Then just kite P2 and he went down basically without me getting hit.

I still insist that is one of the worst designed encounters From have created and sticks out like a sore thumb against the greatness that is the rest of the game. Nothing about it is appealing or interesting. The walk from the Statue, the walk to summon while dodging arrows, the walk up the hill to fight him, all your allies chain dying, run around summon, the one hit spells, the one hit phase 2. The lead up to the encounter. Anyways, I digress... Let's focus on the positive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok, what is with the faggot-ass sorceror inside of Carian Study Hall. This MF one-shotted me like 5 times. Finally bum-rushed his ass and he starts taking off teleporting up the tower. I've got him down to about 30% health. I got 1 estus flask charge left. I logged out last night at that point and I'm afraid of logging back in. If I die to this little shit head one more time...
lol that little shit. He killed me once and then I spent awhile chasing him and whittling him down, only to see him disappear completely once you get deep enough in, he doesn't even let you kill him when you first meet him.

*Shakes fist*

Then 50 levels later on when you get the thing to do the thing, I encounter him again his with spammy bs, and I start to relive some minor PTSD... and then... I see him roll off the side of a cliff and die.

I'm sure killing him the intended way would have been worthwhile but skipping the buffet of bs that From no doubt had in store for a second encounter is just fine with me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I FUCKING DID IT!!!!! That motherfucker took WAY too many tries, but I finally melee'd that bastard. I added a frost effect on my +11 Greatsword. Bout to upload a video, shit, I wasted hours of my life trying to perfect that fight, just unsure how to use the spoiler tag. Lvl 66 before the kill, I'm fucking shaking!

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I found him harder than Radahn but I kept trying him on foot. He's much easier on horseback, just don't get hit by his AoE. Mimic Tear ashes level 10 took most of the firebolts he threw too.
There's also a cheese strat that I tried but it's a PITA so I gave up and just killed him normally.

Hes easy on foot as well until phase 3. I am dying to him because of the terrible camera and terrain issues. We all like to suck From Softwares cocks but half of the difficulty of these games is the terrible fucking camera. Oh and spell/skill queuing... I never noticed until this game but its vanilla WoW levels of bad.

The combat in this game is difficult and unique, but it sure as shit is not responsive or fluid

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I FUCKING DID IT!!!!! That motherfucker took WAY too many tries, but I finally melee'd that bastard. I added a frost effect on my +11 Greatsword. Bout to upload a video, shit, I wasted hours of my life trying to perfect that fight, just unsure how to use the spoiler tag. Lvl 66 before the kill, I'm fucking shaking!

And thats why people like From games.

• 2Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fire giant doesn’t like frost?! Did yall not use the spear for snake man either?! If shit seems wrong like way to much HP you got to try other things besides hit it with the pointy end.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Radahn ended up being, uhhh, more simple, once I combined strats and stopped being stubborn. Getting him to P2 was easy enough. I could stagger him right before he flew off. Rot Breath him during the stagger. Then just kite P2 and he went down basically without me getting hit.

I still insist that is one of the worst designed encounters From have created and sticks out like a sore thumb against the greatness that is the rest of the game. Nothing about it is appealing or interesting. The walk from the Statue, the walk to summon while dodging arrows, the walk up the hill to fight him, all your allies chain dying, run around summon, the one hit spells, the one hit phase 2. The lead up to the encounter. Anyways, I digress... Let's focus on the positive.
There’s a really simple strategy for him, not even really a cheese or anything
git gud

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Poor Lirik. So close then YOINK dead. One of the last bosses. Click at own risk.
1646783634600.png

And he comes through on the follow up attempt. Hes been at it for a while on this guy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fire giant doesn’t like frost?! Did yall not use the spear for snake man either?! If shit seems wrong like way to much HP you got to try other things besides hit it with the pointy end.

Sure I could create gear setups for every single fight in the game, but that's not very fun on a first playthrough. Besides my damage isnt particularly low, he just really does have a lot of hp

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Finished my first play through on PC with Mouse/Keyboard (THE HARDEST PART TBH). 88% achievements due to some poor timing on my part but I'll go back and get the rest another time.
Did every Side/Major boss as far as I can tell but definitely going to go back and finish up any other questlines I may have missed.

I've never done NG+ in souls, is it fun?

I did the frenzied flame ending because I wanted it all to burn. I'll prob just watch cutscenes for the rest because I got that GATE like 40 levels before I finished and way before the end so dont really feel like replaying 30+ hours for the others.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Man what were the devs thinking? The sword of night and flame is so damn powerful. People keep saying how strong Moonveil is (and it is) but the night flame is just ridiculous. The reach and damage on that sword is broken. Crazy part is all you gotta do is kill a few hands or run by them and loot a damn chest to get the weapon. At least with the Moonveil you gotta fight and kill a flame wyrm to get it.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Now that I am done, here is my SoulsGame tier List

Sekiro
Elden RIng
DS 3
DS 1
DS 2

Bloodborne - Lol CONSOLES
Demon Souls - ALSO LOL

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Man what were the devs thinking? The sword of night and flame is so damn powerful. People keep saying how strong Moonveil is (and it is) but the night flame is just ridiculous. The reach and damage on that sword is broken. Crazy part is all you gotta do is kill a few hands or run by them and loot a damn chest to get the weapon. At least with the Moonveil you gotta fight and kill a flame wyrm to get it.
The blasphemous blade is also OP and what I finished the game with, the Weapon Art is super OP.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Apparently my PS Account is linked to my daughter's YouTube, but here is low res video of my sloppy victory. Such a crazy fight.

Glad its over, but I think I could've done better.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Enjoying the aimless fun so thanks for not giving away too much. Trying not to read or watch anything, but it’s nice to see others pain and gain too.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Enjoying the aimless fun so thanks for not giving away too much. Trying not to read or watch anything, but it’s nice to see others pain and gain too.
Sorry if I spoiled anything, trust me when I say it took 7263363736 tries so I don't think I really ruined anything, but if I did I apologize

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Now that I am done, here is my SoulsGame tier List

Sekiro
Elden RIng
DS 3
DS 1
DS 2

Bloodborne - Lol CONSOLES
Demon Souls - ALSO LOL
Elden Ring
Bloodborne
Seikro
DS3

Bloodborne 2 is going to be INSANE.

• 2Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Elden Ring
Bloodborne
Seikro
DS3

Bloodborne 2 is going to be INSANE.
I agree with all except I'd put DS1 in place of Sekiro, it just never clicked with me I guess.

Elden Ring DLC better be phenomenal though, you cant have such detailed areas in the main game and release some half assed DLC, hoping it's a full fledged area like Limgrave / Liurnia / etc. I'm at 41 hours and still have half a game to go, this game is insane!