Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, part of me wanted to play this on my giant ass TV on a PS5, but then mods....I imagine that my PC can overall handle it...just might stutter some.
My GTX 970 is working adequately on this game. Although, the Ryzen 5 5600X and 32 GB RAM may be picking up the slack for the old card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My GTX 970 is working adequately on this game. Although, the Ryzen 5 5600X and 32 GB RAM may be picking up the slack for the old card.
Game seems very CPU bottlenecked. I too am running Ryzen (3600x overclocked to 5GHz) but my ram is super fast (underclocked my 2x16GB 3600s to CL14 at 3200, its kind of insane how well it works with Ryzen) and wouldn't be surprised if my CPU is taking the full brunt of this game.

Course I do have a 2070 Super but it always shows below 10% utilization. Who knows though.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so I have somber stone 2, and 3. So you have to go in order I'm guessing?
Sombers just go 1-9, then Draconic. Smithing stones go 1-9 then Draconic but each number does 3 upgrades. It's listed in the description of the stones.

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Game seems very CPU bottlenecked. I too am running Ryzen (3600x overclocked to 5GHz) but my ram is super fast (underclocked my 2x16GB 3600s to CL14 at 3200, its kind of insane how well it works with Ryzen) and wouldn't be surprised if my CPU is taking the full brunt of this game.

Course I do have a 2070 Super but it always shows below 10% utilization. Who knows though.
I am running a 3060, 32gb and a 3600x as well all stock with aftermarket cooler. The game dips down to 50 ish sometimes but I am also playing on 1440p with high settings.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This game is CPU intensive, and single core loaded at that. 1440p, my video card is usually 60-70% load, CPU is 70-99% constantly.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This ash doubles your spell damage for 8 seconds and can be used over and over again. That broken mage build just got even more broken.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I accidentally attacked the first merchant at the church of Ellah when you start the game. I was testing out the flame and night sword attacks and didn’t realize how far the flame reached out and he wasn’t happy. It his him and he hopped on his donkey and began attacking me. I just ran away, teleported and even restarted the game and he’s still pissed off at me. I didn’t want to kill him cause I never bought the crafting kit off of him. So I googled it and it seems if you kill him, get his bearing and sell it to the twins at the round table hub you’ll get access to items he sold.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I accidentally attacked the first merchant at the church of Ellah when you start the game. I was testing out the flame and night sword attacks and didn’t realize how far the flame reached out and he wasn’t happy. It his him and he hopped on his donkey and began attacking me. I just ran away, teleported and even restarted the game and he’s still pissed off at me. I didn’t want to kill him cause I never bought the crafting kit off of him. So I googled it and it seems if you kill him, get his bearing and sell it to the twins at the round table hub you’ll get access to items he sold.
that goes for every merchant in the game. If you kill a merchant you get his orb which can be traided to the twins at the round table and gain access to the wares through them.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
If you accidentally hit or kill an npc you can reset it by visiting the statue by the turtle Pope.

Takes an item you won’t find until way later though.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who ever the fuck decided the sentinel torch had to have a non-removable shitty ass L2 attack can rot in the blackest pit of hell

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
First game like this I've ever played but wanted to give it a shot as it's all anyone at work is talking about and looked interesting. Holy fuck am I spastic retard in this. Not a normal retard, like, think of a drunk Corky rolling around the floor over a controller while trying to tie his shoes. Actually, probably worse. That Corky could probably kill something by random luck, whereas I cannot. Much more of this and my wife is going to make me a Git Gud quilt for xmas.

I've never had a game push my shit in so much, and yet I can't put the shit down.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It’s been a very very long time since I was doing or done something, started playing a game and completely forgot what I did. I was playing Elden Ring and I put a few eggs to boil. I went back up stairs to continue playing Elden Ring while my eggs boils and I COMPLETELY FORGOT about them. As I was walking downstairs I smelled something was burning. Ran into the kitchen and saw the eggs exploded out of the pot (due to the lack of water cause it evaporated) and I had egg shells, yolk and egg white everywhere in my kitchen. Fucking game but I love it.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
013EEA7A-A1ED-4599-B371-0469FEAFA7BB.jpeg

• 14Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 15 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who drives between Wisconsin and Detroit with regularity this cracks me up. That whole stretch between Michigan's border and north of Chicago is a trip through blight town.
Yeah looking to the left and right of 80 90 through that stretch is depressing af and makes me grateful for even my poor trailer trash upbringing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is nuts. I felt like my healing flasks weren't nearly as good as they should be (+5 at endgame with 13 charges, while I was seeing Youtube videos with like +9 way earlier in the game).

Looked into what I'm missing since I scoured for Sacred Tears and Golden Seeds. Turns out I never defeated ANY of the five Erdtree Avatars in the open world. I don't even think I saw any of them. Time to go hunting. So protip, be sure to find all the Erdtree Avatars. Game would have been much easier to deal with if I'd known this 20 hours ago.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah looking to the left and right of 80 90 through that stretch is depressing af and makes me grateful for even my poor trailer trash upbringing.

Yeah, the one time I drove across Ohio and Indiana, I was blown away by how desolate it felt. Potholes everywhere, roadkill everywhere (that had clearly been accumulating). Like public works isn't a thing. Stopped in a few towns in Ohio and the sense of malaise and hopelessness among the people was potent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is nuts. I felt like my healing flasks weren't nearly as good as they should be (+5 at endgame with 13 charges, while I was seeing Youtube videos with like +9 way earlier in the game).

Looked into what I'm missing since I scoured for Sacred Tears and Golden Seeds. Turns out I never defeated ANY of the five Erdtree Avatars in the open world. I don't even think I saw any of them. Time to go hunting. So protip, be sure to find all the Erdtree Avatars. Game would have been much easier to deal with if I'd known this 20 hours ago.
don't those mostly drop tears for your Wondrous Physik?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I think all of the tears I've gotten were from churches, think I'm at +6 and 10 flasks.

The seeds all tend to come from those mini gold erdtrees, or at least most of them afaik.

• 1Like