Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Things I miss in ER that are in other games:
* Inventory weight limits, so players can feel rewarded for increasing it and not having to shuffle their inventory
* Durability on weapons, so players can diversify their weapon set to avoid breaking weapons in a boss fight
* Unskippable dialog on difficult fights, so players are guaranteed to feel epic when they defeat Radhan after a long speech brought by a scarlet rot fueled fever dream
* A bunch of trash mobs between your respawn and the boss, so players can fine-tune their skills when they run into a challenging boss

• 3Like
  • 3WTF
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
* Inventory weight limits, so players can feel rewarded for increasing it and not having to shuffle their inventory
* Durability on weapons, so players can diversify their weapon set to avoid breaking weapons in a boss fight
* Unskippable dialog on difficult fights, so players are guaranteed to feel epic when they defeat Radhan after a long speech brought by a scarlet rot fueled fever dream
* A bunch of trash mobs between your respawn and the boss, so players can fine-tune their skills when they run into a challenging boss
Did you copy paste this from an Ubisoft dev?

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Agreed, it took me like 75+ tries if I were to guess, and I'm at 32 vigor, can't imagine trying him with any lower as pretty much everything will kill you in 1-2 hits.

The run up to him started getting old as well, wish you could just have a checkpoint once you make it to his melee stage.

Which boss is that in the line of bosses? I need to know when I'm going need to buy a new controller. I watched your video and can already tell I'm going to lose patience quickly. I'm in Liurnia for reference.

Are you guys sure about needing multiple upgrades when it comes to somber stone levels? I could of swore when I upgrade my winged scythe it went straight from somber stone 1 to stone 2. Which was my confusion in one of my earlier posts asking where I could find more. I actually needed a stone 3 which I found. The scythe is now +3 but need to find somber stone 4 to move on. Don't know if I miss understood the earlier posts... I am lacking sleep.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You forgot only being able to find one upgrade item per day
fuck, yeah I'm really missing daily quests that enrich player experience by rewarding them for approaching consistent challenges. I hate that when I down a boss I can't repeat the encounter every day and get rewarded.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Which boss is that in the line of bosses? I need to know when I'm going need to buy a new controller. I watched your video and can already tell I'm going to lose patience quickly. I'm in Liurnia for reference.

Are you guys sure about needing multiple upgrades when it comes to somber stone levels? I could of swore when I upgrade my winged scythe it went straight from somber stone 1 to stone 2. Which was my confusion in one of my earlier posts asking where I could find more. I actually needed a stone 3 which I found. The scythe is now +3 but need to find somber stone 4 to move on. Don't know if I miss understood the earlier posts... I am lacking sleep.
I use

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA
for my controller. Not sur eif something like

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Enhanced-Wired-Controller-Xbox-x/dp/B08F44DPJW

is better or whatever now. I don't recommend playing Elden Ring with mouse/keyboard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I use

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wired-Controller-Windows-Console/dp/B004QRKWLA
for my controller. Not sur eif something like

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Enhanced-Wired-Controller-Xbox-x/dp/B08F44DPJW

is better or whatever now. I don't recommend playing Elden Ring with mouse/keyboard.

Lmao thanks for the reply. I was being more on the sarcastic side because of the precision dodges that fight requires. 🤣 I'm going to break my PS5 controller. Plus, my vigor is on the low side so I don't have much room for error. Gonna have to pump it up some and git gud.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Agreed, it took me like 75+ tries if I were to guess, and I'm at 32 vigor, can't imagine trying him with any lower as pretty much everything will kill you in 1-2 hits.

The run up to him started getting old as well, wish you could just have a checkpoint once you make it to his melee stage.

Yeah I had 20 vigor when I finally won. It was definitely frustrating getting 2-shot most of the time.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lmao thanks for the reply. I was being more on the sarcastic side because of the precision dodges that fight requires. 🤣 I'm going to break my PS5 controller. Plus, my vigor is on the low side so I don't have much room for error. Gonna have to pump it up some and git gud.
I saw a pic yesterday of someone who made a handy controller holder by smashing their controller into their desk hard enough to create two holes.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Regular stones require 12 of each level to get through it. 2, 4, 6 of [1]'s is the progression for +1, +2, +3, then it resets to 2, 4, 6 of [2]'s for +4, +5, +6, etc. This goes to +25 I believe.

Somber stones for unique/special weapons are different. Their progression only goes to +10, so it's one stone per level. 1 [1] for +1, 1 [2] for +2, and so on to +10.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

I think it is the 3rd major boss if I'm not mistaken, But I was also a stubborn asshole because there are NPC's you have the option of summoning to help you which most likely would make it a ton easier.

Personally I like to just solo melee my 1st soul play throughs And no matter how many times it took I wasn't going to give up until I killed that bastard.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I hate everything you said here and it is the reason I stopped playing witcher 3.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
jesus christ someone speed ran Elden Ring in 59 mins. gonna be nuts to see how fast speedrunners can get clears down. will being a tranny be an advantage, since the body horror won't phase you at all?

obviously don't watch if you haven't finished the game, im 30 hours in and have no idea what most of you are talking about. i'm the opposite of a speed runner, a slow walker

Ice rend Hachet, been using that and reg. hatchet on my current run. That ice stop is the tits.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ice rend Hachet, been using that and reg. hatchet on my current run. That ice stop is the tits.

Ya I'm using frost stomp, insane for farming and forcing rolls/chipping in pvp.

I put it on a dagger cuz weight reasons on my sorc and wield it in right hand with staff in left.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I had 20 vigor when I finally won. It was definitely frustrating getting 2-shot most of the time.
I'm at 15, and I was already rethinking doing this now and coming back after leveling up a bit doing something else

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I'm at 15, and I was already rethinking doing this now and coming back after leveling up a bit doing something else
When I am stuck on a boss and I have other shit I can do ill just mark a skull icon on my map and head off. Some xp and gear and getting gud can be had elsewhere. Its kind of what makes er feel better than like sekero where you can only push so far before gitgud

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users