Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think I am done for now, short of PvP not much else to see. 105 hours played.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Moonveil is fine. That fire sin bug isnt.

There are so many combinations of things you can do in this game I can't wait to see some of the ridiculous shit people come up with. This one is the first real "OP" build I've seen so far. Everything else was just... normal gameplay with strong items. Which is the point of RPGs...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220309_174048.jpg

Beat the game. Final boss was a real doozy with all of his one-shotting. Once I managed to get some decent RNG and get in there and do damage without getting one-shotted, his HP dropped quick.

20220309_174114.jpg

Got two of the ending trophies and 75% overall, just missing Lichdragon, Fia ending, and weapons/talismans/spells. Wonder how far off I am on those last 3 because I went out of my way to do EVERYTHING I could possibly find before the final boss.

Final stats, level 150 and 85 hours. Stuck with dex/Malenia right up to the end, going caster/Moonveil for Journey 2 whenever that is.

The toughest thing about this game...is pulling yourself away from it.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Question for those that have beaten the game along with the majority of optional bosses......

How does Radahn compare in terms of the most difficult for a melee build? I am just curious if I have more of those-type encounters or if it's smooth sailing from this point on?

I know in the past games, there's usually a point where things start to click and progress happens much faster, but I'm seriously hoping that isn't the case for this game.....I really don't want it to end!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Valheim is still my favorite map system. It would've been amazing in this game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Question for those that have beaten the game along with the majority of optional bosses......

How does Radahn compare in terms of the most difficult for a melee build? I am just curious if I have more of those-type encounters or if it's smooth sailing from this point on?

I know in the past games, there's usually a point where things start to click and progress happens much faster, but I'm seriously hoping that isn't the case for this game.....I really don't want it to end!

Malenia was way worse

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I found Melenia far more reasonable to just like, stand in front of and throw down with her. Radahn was just a chaotic pile of nonsense with attacks that cover the entire screen, target lock camera going everywhere, and just generally so much mayhem you can hardly tell what is happening most of the time.

Melenia is like fighting the hardest red NPC you've ever fought. It's way more "souls-ey", in that she doesn't have all that many moves, and is relatively predictable for most of them. Once you get used to dodging her big anime attack it really wasn't all that bad. To be fair though, that big anime attack will probably kill you a couple dozen times before you figure out the proper method of spamming rolls to survive it lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone had good luck with coop summons for bosses anywhere in particular at endgame? I'm running pretty low on arcs and would prefer to just grind bosses as a sunbro than farm rats or whatever.

I tried Melenia a few times but fuck that lol, people just die in the first 10 seconds over and over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone had good luck with coop summons for bosses anywhere in particular at endgame? I'm running pretty low on arcs and would prefer to just grind bosses as a sunbro than farm rats or whatever.

I tried Melenia a few times but fuck that lol, people just die in the first 10 seconds over and over.
Cruicible Knight duo.

Khane

Heh, oh the glory of open world games. So I've just been running around exploring tons of shit, upgrading as much as I can, following the quest signs when I feel like it. So what happened for me was I ended up killing Fire Giant, and doing all of Crumbling Farum Azula, including killing Beast Clergyman. Then I was like "Hey, I haven't done Caelid yet, let me go there" and suddenly Im basically one shotting everything. Make my way to Radahn. Get in the fight ready for some serious ass pounding but I'm chunking him for like 15% of his HP on every attack. Hah. Beat him on my 3rd attempt. And it only took 3 attempts because I had to figure out how to actually get to him without getting ass pounded.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cruicible Knight duo.

Ah yea not a bad call.

I was trying godskin duo and the fire giant but something about how long those fights tend to be was causing major disconnect issues, so was never worth it even if we were winning.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Rocking dual whirlygigs now. +9 and +8. It's actually not that practical because they don't spin on L1 but who cares, it's awesome.

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just beat it. Easily top 5 game of all time for me, still amazed how FROM had this in them. First crack at an open world game and they knock it out of the park.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I made it to Nokron and killed the Crucible knight / heavy mace wielder enemies, was all proud of myself and then I gor stomped by the gargoyles.

Guess I'm coming back to those, not very good at 2v1s especially when I get 2 shot, my prayers have been answered, lol!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Respecced from Str/Faith to Int for Comet Azur today and it's everything they said it was. I just 1 shot Loretta, didn't even realize it was her until she was in her death animation, viva la ray of death.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Some of you don't know what its like to have your ear drums sliced to oblivion when pressing start after loading the game from Steam, and it shows.

I noticed that the sound when you go to the pause menu sounds kinda like the sound some of the bosses make in Super Metroid, weirdly enough.

This sound: (loud noise warning)

Khane

Respecced from Str/Faith to Int for Comet Azur today and it's everything they said it was. I just 1 shot Loretta, didn't even realize it was her until she was in her death animation, viva la ray of death.

Comet Azur is a total meme. Good luck fighting anything that actually moves!

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think I need to level up my health at this point. I'm using the magic resist token and my best resist armor. Sitting at 41% and his arrow takes me down to about 1 hp now.

Upgrading HP is important in Elden Ring. I was able to get away with a glass cannon type character in other Soulsborne games (at least until the lategame) but not this one. Midway through the game with like 20 Vigor and 50 Str, I started getting one-shotted a lot and had to focus solely on HP (and grind) for like the next 20 levels. After that the game was vastly less frustrating

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I just beat Margit!! Holy shit, I can barely contain myself. I know some of you have beaten the game already, but this was a huge step for me. I love this god damn game so much. I don't think I've ever loved and hated a game simultaneously like Elden Ring, but when you finally break through and complete something like this, it's just so god damn rewarding!

• 21Like
Reactions: 20 users