Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I went for traditional sword and board build, but now I'm like... Look at all your fancy magics

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Kinda wish I went incantations over sorcery. They just seem way cooler and more diverse.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Overall sorcery is pretty one dimensional and not really all that fun. I went sorcery and ended up using my sword pretty much everywhere where I don’t need longer range. Incantations definitely seem like what I really wanted, sorcery is just various flavors of shoot something in a direct line at a target.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kinda wish I went incantations over sorcery. They just seem way cooler and more diverse.
I am going to respec from STR/DEX soon I think I am not even that far into the game but I want to try this Sword of Night and Fire or whatever I found today. I guess I'll push Faith with it and get incantationts to fuck around with too. I've certainly found a lot of prayer books (like 6 so far) just fucking around.

Goonsquad Officer
How is mouse and keyboard gameplay?
i do it. everyone else in the world uses controller and loves it. I did a little remapping. you have to change a menu option to make it display hotkey tips for things in real people language instead of calling everything R2 etc.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
The is the first From game that I’ve played with multiplayer turned off and I can’t imagine playing with it turned on in any future games. I’m sure the few items I’ve missed because of it is worth not seeing that bullshit spam all over the place and dealing with trolls and assholes putting signs near levers and whatnot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The is the first From game that I’ve played with multiplayer turned off and I can’t imagine playing with it turned on in any future games. I’m sure the few items I’ve missed because of it is t worth seeing that bullshit spam all over the place and dealing with trolls and assholes putting signs near levers and whatnot.

Only way to play

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Found the first boss I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat as a melee build. The giant fire snake "lord" of Volcano Manor. Gonna have to progress more before I go after him. Hes not particularly difficult as a sorcerer but I dont do enough damage to not run out of flasks since it's a 2 phase fight
There’s a pickup after you zone in. He’s a gimmick fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ER's messages are super useful. There are very few surprise attacks that aren't prefaced with a warning. The hidden puzzles you have to solve are always caked with messages. It makes the game easier in a way, but it's so fresh I don't mind.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was kind of planning on restarting for future playthroughs but if the game gets progressively harder maybe I'll stick with NG++

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol that could be your first run and the parry will oneshot most people.

The amount of people that don't know about or use the physick flask to not get assraped by Mohg is too damn high. I was thinking this would be a good sunbro fight to farm at for a bit given how little trouble I had with him but noooooope. Hosts just fall over like flies during his phase change.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Overall sorcery is pretty one dimensional and not really all that fun. I went sorcery and ended up using my sword pretty much everywhere where I don’t need longer range. Incantations definitely seem like what I really wanted, sorcery is just various flavors of shoot something in a direct line at a target.

Can confirm sorcery ultimately turned out to be lame. It's a bit of a bell curve really, where you suck balls for the first 30-40 levels, then you find the meteor spell and are a god all the way to level 90-100 or whatever, then you just kinda stop using sorcery all together in favor of which ever big INT scaling weapon you prefer, and sorcery gets relegated to niche/utility for things like the greatsword for trash clear or sniping weird/annoying targets (basically just being a bow).

I'm not really sure why there are a dozen different versions of glinstone pebble, and they all fucking blow? Like even at 80 INT with a +10 Rennala staff casting stuff like glinstone comet is literally pointless as you'll empty your FP bar before you kill anything that matters. None of them do even half the damage that meteors do, and they have dogshit range and huge FP costs. The moon spells take literally 3 entire years to cast, so not sure what the point of those are either.

The kamehameha memes are pretty funny at least?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I feel like some enemies (namely bosses) are hitting through my shield. Is it due to a special non-blockable attack or are they hitting OVER or UNDER my shield? Just wondering if switching to a big ass tower shield would make a difference there.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
How is mouse and keyboard gameplay?
I beat it fine on Mouse Keyboard. I assume you have a scroll wheel on your mouse which is integral. I also have an MMO mouse but sadly it can't be mapped. The Key mapping for PC is dogshit though.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I went for traditional sword and board build, but now I'm like... Look at all your fancy magics
I started 2 Handed Sword + Board. There are some amazing Faith Weapons that you can still play SWORD + BOARDish with (Blasphemous Blade, Curved Greatsword etc) but having the incantations to buff + utility and also being able to use some of the crazy faith weapon arts is amazing. I definitely feel like the game actually got a lot easier when I wasn't trying to play no Magic at all and just Melee shit. Now with a few incantations you can make fights so much easier, and the sword arts are just OP.

Once you get your first respec and a good faith weapon definitely recommend giving it a try. So the play style is still sword and board but supplemented with faith weapon arts + incants.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user