Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you're doing hybrid caster or quality builds I wouldn't really aim to reach 80/80. Yes that's the actual softcap point where it really becomes worthless to level further, but 80/80 is way more points than you'll have in any kind of normal playthrough.

Unless you're really planning to farm for hours or do multiple NG+ runs you're way better off going for like 40/40 or 50/50 and using the rest of your ~150 or so "normal" levels on vigor/mind/endurance.

Even for more single-stat oriented builds you're still almost always better off doing something like 60 primary/40 in a relevant off-stat if your weapon has any scaling at all for it. Like for example my mostly INT sorcery/moonveil character I get way, way more weapon damage out of being 60 INT/40 DEX than I do 80 INT/20 DEX.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is 70 too low for non-pro for the Nokron area? The standard enemies havent been too bad but it seems like there's a ton of mini boss encounters, went there immediately after killing Radahn and havent been north of the academy yet.
That was right around the level I was when I did it, I started a bit lower actually. That place was a big jump in rune drops, so leveling was fast.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love how people's builds influence what encounters are difficult in this game. I am a Paladin build and I used the Frenzy Eye Lasers to wreck her. Casts faster than Loretta's Great Bow, and I can stay out of range of the Magic Shower bullshit. Also since she is a tarnished, she is susceptible to Madness, which is a nice chunk of damage and gets her to fuck off and teleport to the next area, so I was able to clear all of the trash without distraction.

Yeah, I also love how people can have such different experiences in From games. I've mentioned before how I absolutely struggle with Blood-Starved Beast in Bloodborne and roll over Lady Maria, yet I see so many people saying the former is easy and the latter is hard. Supposedly you can stay on one side of BSB and all his attacks miss, but it never worked for me. I'll try again in the PS5 remaster that I'm now officially dying to get.

Well we did it boys. Fire Giant down. That fight was so frustrating simply because the camera would just get fucked on so many attempts. Think it took me like 35 or so. By far the worst yet. Even full grown starfall beast didn't take me that long near volcano manor when I was like 40 levels lower

Fire Giant was probably my least-favorite big boss. It was such a good feeling when I finally got it. Since that's (minor spoiler)
the beginning of the final procession of boss fights in the game
I think it's a good time to stop and go do whatever optional stuff you're going to do. I spent probably 15 hours exploring the world and finding things I missed in-between reaching the Fire Giant and actually fighting it.

Demon's Souls Remake also has a pause button, the photo mode. Everything freezes for photo mode. Unfortunately it takes a bunch of button presses to get to, so taking a photo mode shot while leaping through the air for example is super-frustrating.

Now that I am done, here is my SoulsGame tier List

Sekiro
Elden RIng
DS 3
DS 1
DS 2

Bloodborne - Lol CONSOLES
Demon Souls - ALSO LOL

Wot

Here's my tier list:

S: All of them

As far as a ranking goes...

#1 - Elden Ring
#2 - Bloodborne
#3 - Demon's Souls Remake
#4 - Dark Souls 1
#5 - Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin
#6 - Demon's Souls
#7 - Dark Souls 2

Haven't played Souls 3 or Sekiro yet, but soon

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is 70 too low for non-pro for the Nokron area? The standard enemies havent been too bad but it seems like there's a ton of mini boss encounters, went there immediately after killing Radahn and havent been north of the academy yet.
Depending on your goals it's probably worth clearing some of Nokron for the good loot. Mimic tear specifically. Some of the aqueduct areas are harder than the eternal city, ancestral wood etc

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just cause it seems so common to ask, a pretty rough outline of general progression so you're the "right" level in most places:

Do all of Limgrave proper, or as much as you want to explore in the open world. This includes going south across the bridge to the land down there. Once you've had your fill of Limgrave head in to Stormveil, the sweet spot for the big bosses in there is level 35-40 or so, where they will be difficult but not ball crushing. This early on don't be afraid to skip or run away from things that seem like they are too much, as you're relatively weak early on and your tools to deal with things are limited. The gigachad bears for example just don't even bother lol.

Next is Liurnia up north. You can kinda just rampage around up here where ever you want, but keep in mind it gets a fair bit harder in the very northern parts and specifically the big Cariad manor is probably best saved until after the academy is done. Academy you probably want to go tackle at level 50-60 give or take. Once academy is done you should be good to clear out any remaining field stuff you want where ever in Liurna, and run through Cariad manor as well.

At this point I went down in to the Sofria river area and did everything I could down there. This is entirely optional as far as I can tell, at least the initial parts of it that you access from the well in Limgrave.

Level 70 or so I finally went to Caelid and starting clearing out field stuff there. Caelid scales pretty steeply in the very northern and eastern portions (dragons out in the field might be pretty hard until you're level 80-90), but it's not bad if you stick to the center/south areas. I found Radahn at I think level 80, give or take a couple levels.

At this point you can kind of do whatever you want to. You're high enough level that you have obtained most of the power you're going to obtain and will do enough damage to fight almost any bosses you want to and find success. I went and did all of Nokron and Deeproot at this point before going to the capital or taking the lift up to Atlus, but you could do this in whatever order and have it feel mostly the same. Only thing I would really recommend is going and finishing up Nokron and the rest of the underground areas like lake of rot etc before you do the big story bit where you burn the Erdtree.
I made an attempt to do the content in order of difficulty and this is basically what I followed.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am biased to more strategic methodical combat mechanics plus I like having variety of options in how to play, so I have never replayed Twitchborne more than the initial time and never once touched Seikero. While I feel that this game has some aspects in combat that I hated BB for, the variety of builds, gear, and content combined with its massive open world scope easily make it the best FROM game ever. I go back and forth on which of the others I like more, but I usually end up liking DS2 a little more and DS1 a little less, mostly because DS2 (with the DLC) was a massive sprawling game with lots to do and see. Demons Souls ranks above BB for me, but only just because the game was so easy to cheese with a basic bow and arrow for nearly every boss fight. I say this having played each game in the series at least 3-4 times through. I expect I will do the same with ER.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean judging by what I found under the capitol city I'm pretty convinced the "merchants" are all part of some evil secret society at this point.

What's under the capitol city? All I remember from it is being lost in the sewers for what felt like hours and falling down the same hole like 4x like a dolt.

Heh, do they drop EVERY bell bearing in the game if you kill all of them? If yes why wouldn't you do that?!

This is certainly a hell of a lot easier than killing those Bell Bearing Guardians or whatever they're called that spawn at night in merchant shacks. That's one thing I actually tapped out on in the endgame because I couldn't be arsed anymore trying to beat the 4th and strongest one. I beat the final boss but I couldn't deal with that guy, just wasn't worth the trouble.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's under the capitol city? All I remember from it is being lost in the sewers for what felt like hours and falling down the same hole like 4x like a dolt.

There's a big Omen boss down there and some weird secret passage that leads down to some additional stuff and all the enemies are those "merchant" guys? I dunno wtf is going on down there

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Regarding Nepheli

Her quest is supposedly broken/unfinished. I saw a datamined thing it is supposed to intersect with that guy in limgrave who wants to knight you after retaking his castle but says he is not good enough to be your lord. I think she is supposed to use the hawk ash and become the lord of that area.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
x7ueuo6nbkm81.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I know it is far too late for the majority of us, but for the guys in the River Well who shoot the fucking Moon Laser Arrows, if you hit them with a single ranged attack, they stop firing those arrows and only use regular arrows.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know it is far too late for the majority of us, but for the guys in the River Well who shoot the fucking Moon Laser Arrows, if you hit them with a single ranged attack, they stop firing those arrows and only use regular arrows.

There's always next play through

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Started getting into Lyendell city last night and really liked the zone. Feels so sprawling and massive and like you’re missing shit everywhere. Ended up staying up too late cause I didn’t want to quit. Found a dude named Godfrey and killed him after a few tries. Starting to find a lot of cooler weapons and armor sets now too. I like the nasty mushroom armor I found in a cave lol.

We are about the same place in the game. I killed Godrey and the boss after him two nights ago. Now I am up north exploring, found one of those black wagons being dragged by 2 giants, inside was a warhammer called Great Stars - does bleed, heals a little bit on hits, and staggers, so perfect for the STR build I'm going with currently. Most importantly - looks cool.

Lyendell was awesome like you said. I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff since there are so many pathing branches to take. I wonder if you got to Godfrey like me - mine was totally by accident, I didn't go the front way
I was climbing the tree branches and exploring until I got to the top, then of course found him when I wasn't prepared at all, thank God for the stake of Marika nearby.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Found the first boss I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat as a melee build. The giant fire snake "lord" of Volcano Manor. Gonna have to progress more before I go after him. Hes not particularly difficult as a sorcerer but I dont do enough damage to not run out of flasks since it's a 2 phase fight

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Vigor scaling is lulz. When the stat is low you get like 15-20 hp / point , when the stat is 35 you get 41 hp / point

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Vigor scaling is lulz. When the stat is low you get like 15-20 hp / point , when the stat is 35 you get 41 hp / point

I did notice the scaling slightly increasing as it progressed, but my first point (11th, wretch) was still 21-22 HP. Never lower than that.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I did notice the scaling slightly increasing as it progressed, but my first point (11th, wretch) was still 21-22 HP. Never lower than that.

Think first point on sorcerer was something like 15? Could be wrong, but am sure its 40+ hp / point when vigor is 35+ .. noticed same with mind, the first few points are hardly anything (3-4 fp?), then at some point it turns into a +6 FP / point until at least 41 mind.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Mind scaled the same way iirc. First couple of points were like 1-2 FP, now it’s giving 6

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We are about the same place in the game. I killed Godrey and the boss after him two nights ago. Now I am up north exploring, found one of those black wagons being dragged by 2 giants, inside was a warhammer called Great Stars - does bleed, heals a little bit on hits, and staggers, so perfect for the STR build I'm going with currently. Most importantly - looks cool.

Lyendell was awesome like you said. I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff since there are so many pathing branches to take. I wonder if you got to Godfrey like me - mine was totally by accident, I didn't go the front way
I was climbing the tree branches and exploring until I got to the top, then of course found him when I wasn't prepared at all, thank God for the stake of Marika nearby.
I found him the same way. Every time I see tree roots I’m climbing them.