Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Trying to decide if I want to play Sekiro or Returnal next. Both of them are games I gave up on early because of their difficulty, but after Elden Ring I feel like I can beat down any game if it's worthwhile.

Then again I never played Breath of the Wild or Ghost of Tsushima any appreciable amount, and they seem to be the two biggest influences on Elden Ring, so maybe it's time for one of those?

Or maybe Cuphead, that game stomped me 2/3rds of the way through, but right now I'm feeling particularly persistent...

Probably going with Returnal, we'll see how that goes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A few of us already mentioned it here but the biggest influence on Elden Ring seems to be original NES games. Items, progression, secrets. It feels way more like the original Zelda or even Castlevania and Faxanadu than anything done more recently. Chrono Trigger on the SNES and Suikoden on PS1 get honorable mention

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Breath of the Wild is a legit great game but nowhere near the difficulty of any Souls game. I'd still give that a recommend.

I was considering Sekiro next as well but might play the new Horizon game instead. (thinking about waiting for that game to go on sale at this point though)

Khane

Next game up for me is 100% Horizon 2. The idiots in that thread trying to pretend Aloy somehow looks different than she did in 1 and using that to push their own narrative is idiotic. HZ1 was an incredible game and I expect HZ2 will be as well based on feedback in that same thread from people who have actually played it

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Next game up for me is 100% Horizon 2. The idiots in that thread trying to pretend Aloy somehow looks different than she did in 1 and using that to push their own narrative is idiotic. HZ1 was an incredible game and I expect HZ2 will be as well based on feedback in that same thread from people who have actually played it
Well I was also considering another run through on the first game since I have a 3090 and an ultrawide monitor. Figure I may never want to play it if I play the new one first.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played it for about 8 hours before I left for vacation and have only played ER since coming home. I think I'm gonna' wait a few months to resume Horizon. Elden Ring going to force a break from the usual open world shit.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally beat Radahn after I don't know how many tries today. This is the fight that's going to break the normies, I think. The ramp up in difficulty from everything prior is pretty big. Just running up to get in range of him will test all that you've learned up to this point. Once I got in range of him, it only got harder. Really cool encounter.

On a side note, my wife took the kids to some carnival thing with her parents today. I've literally done nothing but sit in my office and play Elden Ring. It's been a long time since I've had the drive to play any game for this long in a single day and I'm only logging out now, because I need to get at least SOME sleep for work...

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Finally beat Radahn after I don't know how many tries today. This is the fight that's going to break the normies, I think. The ramp up in difficulty from everything prior is pretty big. Just running up to get in range of him will test all that you've learned up to this point. Once I got in range of him, it only got harder. Really cool encounter.

On a side note, my wife took the kids to some carnival thing with her parents today. I've literally done nothing but sit in my office and play Elden Ring. It's been a long time since I've had the drive to play any game for this long in a single day and I'm only logging out now, because I need to get at least SOME sleep for work...

Heh, just wait.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I 3 shot her today before finishing the game.

You 3 shot melania at level 137? You got some kind of "Stand there and block while mimic kills after I buff him with incantations" build or something? The beginning of phase 2 will make you say "Wait, what the fuck??" Way more than twice before you get it

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You 3 shot melania at level 137? You got some kind of "Stand there and block while mimic kills after I buff him with incantations" build or something? The beginning of phase 2 will make you say "Wait, what the fuck??" Way more than twice before you get it
No, I finished the game really at like 134. So I tried Malenia many levels earlier with a fully updraded Winged Scythe but found her 2nd phase to be frustrating as fuck. Figured I'd go back and check some areas I had skipped and come back. Came back today with new gear and 3 shot her, then proceeded to 1 shot everything up to the last boss which took like 3 attempts.

You can reliably dodge her flower bullshit and for some reason I was surviving her dumb flurry attack today.

Also, no buffs really, just the iron alexander thing and the blasphemous sword fully upgraded fucking wreck her all boss shit. The fucking draconic tree sentinel was the hardest thing I fought today lol.