Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea that makes way more sense. She takes a ton of damage in phase 2 so once you figure out the initial dodging you'll probably kill her in short order. That's exactly how it went for me today as well.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Finally making some progress but I still need to get good. Map revealed up to Carion manor, trying to get equipped, have Sword of Night and Flame up to +5, level 60ish with 40 Int; 33 hours in? Too much work and not enough play time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I've watched the videos on sword of night and flame and... I dont get it. I can think of a dozen weapons or ashes I would use over that.

Its gotta be because people think that comet spell is way better than it actually is.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's part of what is so cool about this game though, there are a ton of OP things you can do and some weapons make more sense in some situations than others. More value in repeat play throughs changing shit up too.

Knowing what I know now I'd probably be a lot more fluid in my path as I know where everything essentially is and what order they should probably go.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally beat Radahn after I don't know how many tries today. This is the fight that's going to break the normies, I think. The ramp up in difficulty from everything prior is pretty big. Just running up to get in range of him will test all that you've learned up to this point. Once I got in range of him, it only got harder. Really cool encounter.

On a side note, my wife took the kids to some carnival thing with her parents today. I've literally done nothing but sit in my office and play Elden Ring. It's been a long time since I've had the drive to play any game for this long in a single day and I'm only logging out now, because I need to get at least SOME sleep for work...
The normies survived four kings, Dancer, False King, Ornstein and Smoag, and Godrick. This too shall pass.

• 1Worf

Khane

Lol, Godrick. That fight isnt really that hard it's just that fucking space jam hangtime. I dont remember anything like that in other souls games but then it's an introduction to what's going to happen in the rest of Elden Ring.

Someone should do a mashup of all the jumping in the air forever moves in Elden Ring to Kissed by a Rose. Or was it his fly like an eagle cover in that movie? Either way... Seal + Elden Ring

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Hi. I’m playing with Gator Gator having fun beating up the queen which he could not do without me. So here is what happened. Down to 30%. Cookie. His guinna pig pissed on his lap. We both died. This is the greatest moment in the history my life.
LMAO! Not quite true but note for anyone joining Ut on drunk gaming weekend prepare for hilarity. So I decided to join him on one of his drunk gaming weekends and I guess his drunk ass was not happy I was so far behind just taking it all in. So he's like let me join you and I'll show you some cool stuff. I had already defeated the dragon for the key but hadn't bothered actually going inside the academy. Ok, let's do this. I have fun keeping his butt alive and getting invaded by other players. We eventually get to the boss room, me not realizing this is the main boss for the zone, and we go in. I see the name of the boss and I said "This is the Ranala fight? He replies with a drunken giggle "yea." We get to phase two and Ut dies immediately. It's all up to me. I have her down around 30% and I'm thinking to myself "this isn't bad, I got this" Then I feel this warm liquid in my lap and quickly realize that my son's guinea pig is relieving himself on me which completely breaks my concentration and I die. Good Times. We took her out the next go around. I'm trying to push through the main story solo but it's fun to mix it up with some co-op in between.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got the ps5 set up ad loaded this up. Definitely not as hard as the souls games so far but still a nice challenge for my tarnished

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"Beat" the game last night! Level 157 or so, felt overleveled through much of the game, but I guess that level is about right?

Still a couple areas to explore and probably a list of bosses to fight. Trying to decide what to respec to in order to fight them. I want something with a lot of mobility and melee damage. I was thinking about bloodhound's step + *something*. You spend so much time running after bosses it'll be hard to get away from moonveil / hoarfrost cheese. I'm trying to decide between something with spears vs maybe the sword of night and flame, maybe a colossal weapon, idk.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I've watched the videos on sword of night and flame and... I dont get it. I can think of a dozen weapons or ashes I would use over that.

Its gotta be because people think that comet spell is way better than it actually is.
I rebirthed from a dual uchigatana samurai into a spell blade that uses the sword of night and flame, the carian knight shield and incantations.

The big laser beam attack is meh... but the huge flame wave heavy attack feels really powerful.

I am currently level 69 with 26 int and 29 faith, sub 20 in str and dex, and it averages about 1000-1200 damage with no buffs, has a medium range and hits the whole screen in front of you.

I plan on getting 50/50 or 60/60 in Fai/Int 40 vigor and 20-25 endurance and mind.

And then seek out any buffs that would eventually work for it.

When not using the sword abilities however it's still a really solid weapon with currently 420 damage split between physical, magic and fire at +5 that works great with guard counters.

I have only really worked my way through limgrave, stormveil, luria, and sofria. Did 50% of the other river well and started on the plateau with a pass through caelid to get all the map pieces.

I am sure things get harder but it definitely feels like I need to hold back on using the sword spells if I want to not cheese a fight. Things get stupid easy if you throw in a tanky summon.

The wind up animations for the sword arts is a little long but the damage seems crazy given my low stats.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
#feelsgoodman loved the game

21E86B7C-B095-419D-BEAC-5331C0748586.jpeg

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this game didn't have so much cheese it might be the hardest souls game. I say that as somebody who is fully taking advantage of the cheese with a faith build using that fire sword. If I was going to do a full melee build it would probably be quality build. Its too bad there isn't an achievement for going through with full melee/no summon. Would be something fun to work towards. I like those evergaol fights in that they don't allow summons too. I also like how there is so much cheese in this game because not letting people experience this master piece would be a shame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sub 30 minute clear lol.

That’s crazy. I skipped to the end because I was curious what kind of damage output he’d have. Wow. I thought I cheesed some stuff but I see now I wasn’t even an apprentice, let alone a master.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If this game didn't have so much cheese it might be the hardest souls game. I say that as somebody who is fully taking advantage of the cheese with a faith build using that fire sword. If I was going to do a full melee build it would probably be quality build. Its too bad there isn't an achievement for going through with full melee/no summon. Would be something fun to work towards. I like those evergaol fights in that they don't allow summons too. I also like how there is so much cheese in this game because not letting people experience this master piece would be a shame.
An option in NG+ for no cooperative/ash summons and an associated achievement would definitely compel me to do such a run.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which fire sword?

Elden Ring definitely has more accessible and obvious cheese than other Souls games. But I don't think it takes away from anything IMO.

And lol Tuco Tuco speedrunners don't even bother with getting the halves of the elevator key because they just use the Iron Maiden teleport and the Four Belfries to bypass the other routes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Which fire sword?

Elden Ring definitely has more accessible and obvious cheese than other Souls games. But I don't think it takes away from anything IMO.

And lol Tuco Tuco speedrunners don't even bother with getting the halves of the elevator key because they just use the Iron Maiden teleport and the Four Belfries to bypass the other routes.
yeah now that I've beaten the game I've gotta watch these speedrun vids.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rountable Hold feels a lot like Bloodborne's Hunter's Dream.

Tarnished are pushed their by unknown forces and given the mission to restore the Elden Ring. Hewg the Blacksmith is an actual prisoner in this place as he says. Chained to the wall. He prays to Marika one time you come across him and he is asking if he has done enough to stop being a prisoner.

So it seems that the goddess Marika is the one doing all of this. Somehow.

So for the DLCs we've got Miquella and Marika? Maybe each one is the final boss of a DLC if they're doing two. TBH I'd rather just get one super-good one like Souls 1 and Bloodborne did.

But yeah I hope we fight Marika at the end, after seeing statues of her all game. Also hope Miquella is just as challenging as Malenia, either as a midpoint DLC boss or an optional side nightmare like Lud and Zallen or Orphan.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I dont know why developers insist on gimmick fights like that. It's like those awful vehicle quests in MMOs. Just let me play my fucking character. It's weird From Software put that in the game. It's the only fight like that and it's just stupid because if you upgrade it, it does idiotic damage to him

I upgraded the Rykard sword to +9, can't wait to see how much damage it does to that particular boss in NG+. I'd try it in this game but I doubt anyone is gonna summon me at level 195 or whatever I am now.