Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think Morgott has to be dead for them to show up in the throne room

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Ah, that may be a trigger that I didn't realize as I am in Crumbling Farum Azula, so most of the bosses are dead for me by now.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1647551771732.png

• 17Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 20 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a way to tell what level an enemy is that you’re fighting? I’m like 2 hours in, I’ve found no upgrades, using same axe I started with, found one shitty sword that i can’t even use. I have no idea where to go or what to do, or where I can actually get better gear , or how to play something else because I don’t want to do melee in this game.

Melee Fighting is retarded in this game, half the time you just swing into the ether, the camera is wonky and doesn’t catch up to my movement, I like to play 10 feet from my tv and there’s a noticeable lag on Bluetooth with my controller which makes parrying nigh impossible and dodging a pita. So id love a bow or some spells but there’s no fucking indicator of how to get those or when.

every video I see people on a horse. I’d love to get a horse. I see a couple enemies on horse back, assume I have to kill them to get it? Get totally buttraped by them, don’t even think I got any damage in, just staggered staggered dead.

Come into a camp of torch wielding dorks who I mostly one shot. Then randomly just in the middle of them is some helmet wearing asshole with a tower shield and spear I can’t even get a hit in on him. Get destroyed, come back and the whole camp is respawned? Fuck that.

The world is gorgeous and I’d love the chance to explore it. Outside of a god mode cheat I don’t see myself playing this much, I’m not a fan of games where you feel zero progress after 1-2 hours. Shame on me as I basically never played souls games I shoulda known this was strictly for fanboys

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Is there a way to tell what level an enemy is that you’re fighting? I’m like 2 hours in, I’ve found no upgrades, using same axe I started with, found one shitty sword that i can’t even use. I have no idea where to go or what to do, or where I can actually get better gear , or how to play something else because I don’t want to do melee in this game.

Melee Fighting is retarded in this game, half the time you just swing into the ether, the camera is wonky and doesn’t catch up to my movement, I like to play 10 feet from my tv and there’s a noticeable lag on Bluetooth with my controller which makes parrying nigh impossible and dodging a pita. So id love a bow or some spells but there’s no fucking indicator of how to get those or when.

every video I see people on a horse. I’d love to get a horse. I see a couple enemies on horse back, assume I have to kill them to get it? Get totally buttraped by them, don’t even think I got any damage in, just staggered staggered dead.

Come into a camp of torch wielding dorks who I mostly one shot. Then randomly just in the middle of them is some helmet wearing asshole with a tower shield and spear I can’t even get a hit in on him. Get destroyed, come back and the whole camp is respawned? Fuck that.

The world is gorgeous and I’d love the chance to explore it. Outside of a god mode cheat I don’t see myself playing this much, I’m not a fan of games where you feel zero progress after 1-2 hours. Shame on me as I basically never played souls games I shoulda known this was strictly for fanboys

1) No. No level indicator, but you can usually go with "does it take more than 3 hits to kill random humanoid ish mobs (not big ones)? Then you might be in a higher level area or be under equipped.

2) Melee works well when you're used to it. Rare that deaths from melee feel "cheesy", but rather "that was my fault". It's quite tight, but if you have input lag, then yeah, that might cause issues.

As to increase your enjoyment somewhat, you could watch these videos

First video: Gives you a quick rundown on where to go to get some upgraded abilities that will help in the beginning and to get you past that initial hump quicker

Second and third video: These will be good if you're not used to From Software games. No real spoilers, just "things you can do", that might not be explained, but veterans of the games might know instinctively.

This one might be a bit spoilery in terms of locations, but gives a specific quick start if you're going mage to boost your power very quickly for help in the start of the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

You can lock on by pushing in the right stick if you're on controller.

You get the horse by finding a small amount of grace sites, don't think it matters which ones. (The little glowing things that let you rest).

You can find a decent longsword in a chest before the castle where you see a camp with 2 wagons guarded by soldiers. If you have a shield, equip it and hold L1 to block but I'm pretty sure you can crouch with L3 (pushing left stick in) and open the chest without alerting anyone.

You really just have to get used to the controls and the way the combat is but once you are able to take the initial enemies out you can keep resetting them to farm them and up your levels a little bit to help you equip weapons you might find.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I’m realizing this comes down to effort. Some people just don’t want to put forth any effort while playing a video game. And that’s totally fine. But you’re right, if you want to turn your brain off when you play games, this likely isn’t the game for you.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Sounds like my first couple hours. This is my first soulsborne game and I got my shit pushed in quite a bit before learning what to do (gitin' gud), Now I'm over 100 hours in and loving it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Also when a enemy is stomping you just explore, get some levels and gear and come back later and whoop its ass. Don’t get bogged down on a mob you have no chance on.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
The first dose of git gud is killing shield guy. Lock on. Circle him or roll at him when he trusts. Stab in his sides or booty when he commits. Steal his shield. Best great shield for six+ areas.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also when a enemy is stomping you just explore, get some levels and gear and come back later and whoop its ass. Don’t get bogged down on a mob you have no chance on.
Bro he’s getting wrecked by normal soldiers, what is he going to go kill for levels, deer?

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

first time GIF

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's talking about the spear dude in the first soldier camp with the great shield. He can be a bit of a bitch early on, especially for the 1st play through. One shot Radahn with my chonky str colossal sword boy. Not sure it says much about how strong he is or just how gimpy my sword/board was. Didn't do anything fancy, no ashes, and no cheese. Just let the NPC's pull agro and than jousted him with charged attacks. I think he got one attack off in phase 2 before I burnt him down.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
When I got Demon’s souls as my first ps3 game I played for about 2 hours before I said “fuck this cheating piece of shit” and put it away to play through Oblivion or something again.

A month later I picked it back up and when I got into a groove I thought “ah. I see where the problem was.”

ABFB2CC2-BD8D-4A9E-8D52-858ED1E280E4.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is punishing but fun. Everything is geared towards killing you fast. Take each fight like you are going to die 10 times even shmoes get a lucky swing and swords hurt.

I am quite a bit addicted and I SUCK at the fighting. trying to find stuff to make me suck less. But I keep finding new ways to die over and over.