Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You must use the default garbage settings to get the full Elden Ring Git Gud(tm) experience.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel inclined to change around the controller key bindings. Seems weird to have block on left button versus left trigger. I don’t know. I feel like it could be improved and moved around a little to match most other games?

You should definitely set it up in whatever way works best for you. If it facilitates git gud, do it!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
this looks like it could be funny on a NG+ run if they dont patch it out first

Was watching Elajjaz doing that yesterday to figure out what skips were possible with it in various zones to complete the all rembrances speed run.

With it, I saw him to go a zone I hadn't gone to before, the left part of the snow area. Was looking all around there for a way in, but looked it up and saw that it was a secret thing that I just had missed. If I suddenly felt somewhat underleveled before at level 139 based on the damage I take and do, that zone is.... Wow.

I'm still missing 4 major bosses the guy at the roundtable told me. There are 15 or 16 major bosses? I think I have 8? I have no idea what I am missing anymore, thought I was close to the end as I am fairly sure I have the whole map now, but must be missing something.

Went in with the idea of doing a very "thorough" playthrough, try to do all the quests I could without any guides or things like that. Spent a lot of my current 95 hours looking around for people and clues. Don't think I've completed any quest like except for the spirit one, since everyone is suddenly found as corpses or missing.

Should have known better since it's a From Software game. Trying to figure out things by yourself on a first playthrough?

jonah-hill-fuck-me.gif

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Like others have mentioned, since I stepped away from this I'm finding myself completely uninterested in playing anything else. GT7, meh (it's actually pretty good but don't care), Lost Ark, bleh (I like it but can't bring myself to log in), H:FW, pffft (looks beautiful but no hook in me).

So, I'll probably buy on PC this week and double dip/start over. This time, actually seeing the major "quests" to completion and playing a completely different way. From has basically ruined video gaming for me as a hobby

I get that. I mean, I bought various versions of other From games just to plat them again, and it crossed my mind to get ER on PS4 just to plat it twice.

People thought I was crazy when I went back and played the very-antiquated Souls 2 on PS3 to platinum it, when I already had SOTFS on PS4 (my first Souls game). And Souls 2 is my least favorite of the From lineup in recent years. Course, being my least favorite Soulsborne game is like being the pussiest member of Seal Team 6

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They could fix their quest system a bit, its way too easy to fuck quests. One example

Morne castle, where the girl asks you to give a note to her father, if you kill the boss before you talk to the father, you can't complete the quest. And then this also breaks the quest where you give the blind chick the grapes in the lakes area.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They could fix their quest system a bit, its way too easy to fuck quests. One example

Morne castle, where the girl asks you to give a note to her father, if you kill the boss before you talk to the father, you can't complete the quest. And then this also breaks the quest where you give the blind chick the grapes in the lakes area.

That isn't exactly true, I did it in that order and he responded just fine. You just have to talk to him a lot and exhaust dialogue, then keep trying.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I learned not to play a class that relies on farming mats as it’s main source of damage from FF11. Ranger was fun but spending a day to farm so you could play a day was awful.

Doing some kind of dex hybrid archer sounds interesting but I would not want to do it as my main source of attacks. Poisoning enemies with arrows is indeed satisfying, poison worked well for me on several bosses. I ended up using poisoned darts eventually though, just more convenient than a bow since you can keep your main weapon out. You have to throw more to build it up but they’re faster so it’s probably similar in how quickly you can stick it on them.
What's next, you going to learn to unicycle? :D

Archer build would be fun to explore, but I'd probably get or create a modded talisman that prevents arrow depletion.

lol

It was definitely a hassle. I've used archery in some forms from MMO's and it was a useful thing in Souls games ever since I used it in the original Demon Souls. I just got this weird interest to try it since some youtubers were saying it was doable. It IS doable, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

That said, I highly recommend it as a supplemental source of utility. The pulley crossbow itself is damned amazing.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That isn't exactly true, I did it in that order and he responded just fine. You just have to talk to him a lot and exhaust dialogue, then keep trying.

I can also confirm this, since I thought her dad was at the beastman fight area, then realized he wasn't there and had to look all over for him after I killed the boss.

Also, small tip for anyone fighting that boss, the whip you find in the castle staggers the fuck out of him.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

I don’t know what you ran into but I completed both of those quests without talking to the dad first pre-patch.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whatever, most of you faggots have been using dumb shit like Moonveil. We all have our dumb shit on the first playthrough!

And of course I'll be doing future plays, this game is the fucking bomb.

I switched to Moonveil and respecced for sorcery at the end of my NG run (to use in NG+) and I have to say, I'm not that crazy about any of it besides Moonveil's awesome look. Felt like I was more effective when I was using Malenia katana with lots of dex. Might even switch back midway through NG+, whenever that is, who knows.

Was thinking earlier about how Malenia and Mogh (palace version) are basically the optional uberbosses of the game. They sort of fill the role of Ebrietas and Logarius in Bloodborne in that sense. Both could be DLC bosses as their areas are completely optional and DLC-worthy, yet both are included in the base game. One of them is spell-focused (Logarius/Mogh) and one of them is physical-focused (Ebrietas/Malenia).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I need to get all the golden seeds I may have missed on my 2 pvp meta ready chars, and then this third one.

4th I wanna do a night's cavalry fail / holy faith char

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
this looks like it could be funny on a NG+ run if they dont patch it out first

This is actually an incredible find, wonder if there are any unreachable locations that can be reached with this flying mount. I'd check around all the sides of Mountaintop of Giants (pretty sure it's all just empty mountains but yeah), the cloud at the center of the world, and those boats that are visible in the distance off the shore of the Radahn fight, for starters.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Did I fuck up anything by doing the assassination contract thing in Volcano Manor?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Did I fuck up anything by doing the assassination contract thing in Volcano Manor?

No. Do all of them, I think there are 3. You get some nice rewards. Be sure to go back and talk to the people who were initially assigned the contracts, not just the queen lady.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
When I got that quest I thought, "yeah right, I'm not going to go assassinate Blaidd and Turtlepope or whatever dumb shit these guys want me to do." then when I read the targets were all unique to that quest they got riperoni'd

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Yup, upgrading to the lionel armor with its massive poise lets me shrug off all kinds of shit. I still take damage, but I don't get knocked to the ground like a little bitch from most basic attacks.
Are you fat rolling with Lionels? I just got that set and hate to fat roll, I was estimating I might need 45-50 endurance to not fat roll in that set.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. Do all of them, I think there are 3. You get some nice rewards. Be sure to go back and talk to the people who were initially assigned the contracts, not just the queen lady.
How the fuck do you beat dual weild whip guy by the way? Can't summon mimic and I'm not gud.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you fat rolling with Lionels? I just got that set and hate to fat roll, I was estimating I might need 45-50 endurance to not fat roll in that set.

No fat rolling, arsenal charm plus high endurance. Do the quest for the giant jar for the highest level arsenal charm

• 2Like