Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I dunno if the game would be improved from any of that. Even the imbalanced rune rewards are arguably fine because it adds "flavor".

I didn't just play through the game four times in a few weeks though. 600 levels in elden ring is uhh, a lot of dying to bullshit.
Main thing I agree with there is the rune rewards for various mobs is horribly out of wack.

Goonsquad Officer
I don't think this is a thing. I'm fairly sure it's 100% a function of the Guard Boost stat.
fine be right! but i'll stand by the statement that with poor poise. some dog will bite your ankle from the side and you'll drop your shield and the space dog shooting lasers at you will blow your nuts off. or some boss aoe will stagger low poise man and your shield can no longer carry you to gud

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So have any of you guys killed all of the caravan merchants? I guess you can get Bell bearings from them, and give them to the two-faced husk, and they get all of the inventory. I'm sure this may have been talked about before, but I missed it and don't know if doing that would screw me out of some sort of quest line down the road.
You can atone and bring them back, or leave them dead, you’re safe with killing them. There’s a storyline that goes along with them too, it goes pretty deep. Read all the notes they sell.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

STR/FAI is falling apart completely in the lategame. Mobs do too much damage to be able to trade with them and have too much poise to stagger with anything but colossal weapons. The entire middle section of like halbers/hammers/greatswords feels just awful against most of this - too slow to get in any damage between mob attack chains, not enough stagger to break their chains and get in damage that way.
STR/FAI is wrecking for me mid and endgame

power stance some great omenkillers and secondary main weapon is cipher pata

put flame art affinity (that scales with faith) on your omenkillers and talisman for jump attacks. swap between weapons and tactics depending on situations

I hardly ever use my FAI buffs. Waste time to cast them to learn the boss and waste of time when I've learned the boss

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I doubt you can actually gimp you character focusing on any two "power" stats no matter what the combination. You can find weapons, ashes, spells... pretty much anything that will work with whatever combo you choose. Just gotta try different stuff.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Just lost my all time high in any game trying to get back to my runes in consecrated snowfield. Road horse right into a giant, smacked off horse, dead as soon as I stood up. Bedtime!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
After using the Zwiehander for the entire game and getting it to +23, I switched to the Ruins Greatsword +10 today and it is fucking S scaling with Str. I am now at over 800 damage and chunk all bosses. I bet Margott took lass than 20 total hits.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck, Haligtree is rancid AIDS. This is worse than Anor Londo bowmen, or poison swamps.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
After using the Zwiehander for the entire game and getting it to +23, I switched to the Ruins Greatsword +10 today and it is fucking S scaling with Str. I am now at over 800 damage and chunk all bosses. I bet Margott took lass than 20 total hits.

I debated trying that one but decided not to cause it needs some INT. Cool to hear it’s good!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea Haligtree is rough if you're actually trying to explore looking for hidden goodies

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
16 Int is not bad, it is worth sacrificing 6 str for just to use it.

Well I was thinking more to just save INT things for a future play through, but it needs a zillion STR and I doubt I’ll do another huge 2h play any time soon, so I may try it!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really need to remap my get off horse button, I keep accidentally dismissing it in fights cause I push the left joystick too hard. Not sure where to put it though

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How the fuck do you beat dual weild whip guy by the way? Can't summon mimic and I'm not gud.
Run away, jumping R2.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really need to remap my get off horse button, I keep accidentally dismissing it in fights cause I push the left joystick too hard. Not sure where to put it though
Right stick? I was thinking the same, because generally I’m not aggressive with the right stick/camera as I am with moving around.

• 1Like