Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sekiro got harder bosses than Orphan from BB? Maybe scoop that one out of the Walmart DVD bin one day.

Love a good sweaty palms boss kill.
Genichro, Owl and Ishin fill that role in Sekiro. The other ones are whatever and the learning curve is just way different than any other souls game. As you have to play totally different.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In Sekiro I died to Ishin Ashina probably 100 times. Fuck that guy.

Hateyou Hateyou Which Nioh2 boss was it? That frog with the pipe? The early bosses in that game suck too.
A big snake dude, forget the name. I did get close a couple times early but then I went for hours not even getting close and said fuck this. Never went back to it which is a shame cause I liked it a lot until that boss.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Sekiro got harder bosses than Orphan from BB? Maybe scoop that one out of the Walmart DVD bin one day.

Love a good sweaty palms boss kill.
Yea I was able to learn Orphan, I am not usually a parry gamer in these games so the whole playstyle is difficult for me to master. I am a dodger, and Sekiro really wants you to riposte in some of the fights, it is essentially a rythm game at times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think my problem with Sekiro is that parrying is for pussies. Real mean somersault on the floor and then launch dick attacks.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
For some reason orphan really wasn't that hard for me. He telegraphs the shit out of his attacks.

Sekiro is also a lot easier when you realize how many attacks you can avoid just by sprinting away and baiting the attacks you want.

Demon of Hatred fucked my world, though

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
For some reason orphan really wasn't that hard for me. He telegraphs the shit out of his attacks.

Sekiro is also a lot easier when you realize how many attacks you can avoid just by sprinting away and baiting the attacks you want.

Demon of Hatred fucked my world, though
Agreed. He was middle of the pack difficulty for me in the xpac. I would do Ludwig, Lawrence, then Orphan. The first two being orders of magnitude harder for me.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I have watched a total of 1 minute of footage on this game. I refuse to spoil myself on From Soft games since the surprise of exploration is my favorite part of them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah this, but I had a maxed Ludwigs with the stats to go with it when I faced him. I don't consider myself that good, but I was able to beat him in two tries. Of course once I had Ludwigs Rapesword, most things were getting one shotted for me. I think the difference is having a weapon that can actually occasionally stun lock enemies made me more aggressive and Ophan punishes people who try to fight methodically. Like a lot of bosses in that game, he is twitch DPS fest, which is a reason I never especially liked BB.

In other news, completed Demons Souls remake with my Moonlight Greatsword build (used moonlight winged spear most of the game) with almost no sorcery. Was fun, but the game was easier than Souls games and at the same time some of the deaths are a lot cheaper. Looked amazing on the PS5 though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, I keep telling myself I'm gonna get this, and I probably still will, but I just got my ass handed to me for over an hour to some fucking monster dude in Jedi Fallen Order, and all I could think about was if this was a Dark Souls boss or Elden Ring, I'd be here for a week!!

Ogbog Dogbog or whatever monster thing right at the beginning of the game. Then when I finally beat him and figured out that I gotta up my parry game I didn't feel a huge sense of joy like you guys get, but simply relief that I don't have to do that bull shit anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Don't feel bad. I want to get the game also but I'm not sure if I'll be any good at it. I've played Nioh but lost patience fast on the boss fights and would have to summon someone in to assist on several of them. I did beat Valkyrie in God of War but was about to break my controller in half. I just don't find those fights enjoyable it's more of sigh of relief it's over.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don't feel bad. I want to get the game also but I'm not sure if I'll be any good at it. I've played Nioh but lost patience fast on the boss fights and would have to summon someone in to assist on several of them. I did beat Valkyrie in God of War but was about to break my controller in half. I just don't find those fights enjoyable it's more of sigh of relief it's over.
Well being so open this may not be a problem. If you can just go fuck off and try some other boss or grind around on the open world getting stuck in a linear boss may not happen as easily. That’s my hope anyway, I don’t want this to be another nioh 2 experience for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users