Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I started a 2nd playthrough rather that going NG+, but the overworld map OCD just gets to me too badly. I wound up on another like 80 hour playthrough doing every random shitty side tomb and ruins, collecting 50 additional weapons I'd literally never look twice at.

I might give NG+ a try just to like streamline what my objectives actually are and not have to worry so much about finding every random cave and point of interest etc.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Time to start a new char, figure out what items I want to try to stealth to early, and then get OP AF for the rest of the playthrough instead.
I've been enjoying my 'git gud' playthrough that eschews summons, talismans, OP builds etc.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just skipping ash summons in general is enough to turn almost any build in to hardmode heh, at least for a few specific fights depending on what you're doing. Just the AI fuckery that happens with a 2nd target in the arena is such a crutch it almost doesn't matter what the summon actually does.

For those that do enjoy summons: Nephali is actually nuts if you make her a puppet and upgrade her fully. She's probably not quite as much raw damage as Tiche, but the amount of stagger she puts out is just completely ridiculous.

RE: bleed builds, yea that video above is kind of what I expected, just wasn't sure if there was anything more to it really. Flies look to be the ultimate boss crutch, and then it doesn't much matter which weapon you wanna use as long as it's ARC scaling or occult infused. Interesting that he's using the "unique" breath attacks though - I've been entirely unimpressed with those every time I try them due to the awkward angles stuff comes out at. I'd much rather just channel the normal one for longer if i'm in a situation that I can cast a spell that takes that much windup.

I assume the dragon seal has the same issue the beast seal does where scaling incant with ARC doesn't actually provide any benefit to buffs like bloodflame enchant etc?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am at the final boss for the last two days - I am getting the hang of it. Not sure why I have so much trouble with this one. Second boss was down to 5% and I got lasered. Almost had a controller shatter on that one :p In the meantime for breaks I am doing a whole lot of other stuff. Right now I just entered Consecrated and am going to get after Malenia. The content just NEVER stops lol it is amazing. Also going back to some bosses I noped out of and coming back to slaughter their ass is awesome.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ppl be scared of the tongue but it's only adding the DS1 online experience. Go ahead, it's fun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No active liars tongue?
Taunter's Tongue?

I'm running modded PC so no online play. Taunter's Tongue doesn't impact gameplay during bosses, right? So it mostly makes the non-difficult parts more spontaneously difficult, which is cool.

If I wasn't running mods I'd probably use it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's some outdoor bosses it will screw with. Black blade Kindred is a fave of mine to grief the care bears on.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Invasion PVP is awful though? Your odds of getting any kind of real/interesting fight are astronomically low. It's just an endless string of people with cheat engine edited characters to have full legendary talismans/+10 weapons at level 50 or oneshotting with spell parry bugs etc.

There's just too much that needs fixing in PVP right now for it to be anything other than a waste of time. The duel arenas are where it's at because that's largely people looking to have an actual fight.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Invasion PVP is awful though? Your odds of getting any kind of real/interesting fight are astronomically low. It's just an endless string of people with cheat engine edited characters to have full legendary talismans/+10 weapons at level 50 or oneshotting with spell parry bugs etc.

There's just too much that needs fixing in PVP right now for it to be anything other than a waste of time. The duel arenas are where it's at because that's largely people looking to have an actual fight.
Yeah that's the issue with PK-driven PvP like invasions. The PKs are strategized around PvP which is a huge advantage with or without cheating.

It'd be interesting if some of the "invasion" events were replaced with someone else on that step of the quest. Such that if it's the first time you rolled up to Recusant Henricus (the flame hammer guy in northeast) Limgrave, you were matched against another player who was also doing that for the first time. Some accounting would have to be done for online vs offline play, player availability etc.

That was a feature I liked from uhh, Guild Wars 1? Where in order to progress the storyline you had to win a PvP matchup.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
And here I am starting run 3. NG+ just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Your character is already complete, so what are you even doing? Justn a boss rush? Meh.

Time to see how miserable it is to start bandit and rush DEX/ARC.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
And here I am starting run 3. NG+ just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Your character is already complete, so what are you even doing? Justn a boss rush? Meh.

Time to see how miserable it is to start bandit and rush DEX/ARC.

The game has 6 different endings known so far. It is nice that you can do NG+ runs much quicker for that reason alone. And can try different builds with NG+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright someone lore me, this is the only bit I can't really figure:

Why the fuck is Godwyn 100ft tall and made out of squid? He's obviously a man in the intro and all the rest of the back lore, but his corpse/prince of death in the game is a fuckin huge lovecraftian horror ;thing that it's hard to even make sense of when you look at it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The game has 6 different endings known so far. It is nice that you can do NG+ runs much quicker for that reason alone. And can try different builds with NG+.

6 is being pretty generous. 4 of them are the same thing with a different color pallet lol. There's 3 if you go by available achievements.

But yea I suppose if you have a build in mind with a specific really endgame item then NG+ is really the only play. Like if you wanna do a run with Granseax or whatever it is what other choice do you even have.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Alright someone lore me, this is the only bit I can't really figure:

Why the fuck is Godwyn 100ft tall and made out of squid? He's obviously a man in the intro and all the rest of the back lore, but his corpse/prince of death in the game is a fuckin huge lovecraftian horror ;thing that it's hard to even make sense of when you look at it.

The deathroot deformed him as they killed him. You see it in the story trailer worming around inside of him

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So pretty much everything past Radahn, I've felt overpowered. I get to Rykard and he's kicking my ass and I'm like, "Finally, I caught up to content that is my level!". SPOILER(probably?) - Nope, you're just supposed to use that snake spear in his room. I'm still too OP. Gonna avoid leveling any more at this point. I think I'm like 115 going into the capitol city.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So pretty much everything past Radahn, I've felt overpowered. I get to Rykard and he's kicking my ass and I'm like, "Finally, I caught up to content that is my level!". SPOILER(probably?) - Nope, you're just supposed to use that snake spear in his room. I'm still too OP. Gonna avoid leveling any more at this point. I think I'm like 115 going into the capitol city.
You might hit a wall later if you do that, there is some serious spikes with end game and optional bosses.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea there's a bit of a plateau post-radahn for sure, and then as soon as you progress past the capital it's back to fuckin rape-o-clock

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This is the way.

Please record a stream when you get passed the Fire Giant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user