Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Invasion PVP is awful though? Your odds of getting any kind of real/interesting fight are astronomically low. It's just an endless string of people with cheat engine edited characters to have full legendary talismans/+10 weapons at level 50 or oneshotting with spell parry bugs etc.

There's just too much that needs fixing in PVP right now for it to be anything other than a waste of time. The duel arenas are where it's at because that's largely people looking to have an actual fight.

Wasn't my experience

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, crumbling farum; fire giant, and helligtree are all pretty much tuned to you being at the soft cap for all of your main stats for your build. More levels will just mean slightly less damage and a bit more hp or fp, which won’t really impact the boss difficulty

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah that's the issue with PK-driven PvP like invasions. The PKs are strategized around PvP which is a huge advantage with or without cheating.

It'd be interesting if some of the "invasion" events were replaced with someone else on that step of the quest. Such that if it's the first time you rolled up to Recusant Henricus (the flame hammer guy in northeast) Limgrave, you were matched against another player who was also doing that for the first time. Some accounting would have to be done for online vs offline play, player availability etc.

That was a feature I liked from uhh, Guild Wars 1? Where in order to progress the storyline you had to win a PvP matchup.
i wish there was a pvp mode where you took control of a monster in the area. give it glowing green eyes. so they know it's a player. but you have to use that monsters movesets and gear.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So pretty much everything past Radahn, I've felt overpowered. I get to Rykard and he's kicking my ass and I'm like, "Finally, I caught up to content that is my level!". SPOILER(probably?) - Nope, you're just supposed to use that snake spear in his room. I'm still too OP. Gonna avoid leveling any more at this point. I think I'm like 115 going into the capitol city.

I felt that way too. It's a false sense of security. I'm 139 with a +10 weapon and feel gimped both in terms of taking damage and giving it. Know how when you probably went into a few catacombs exploring some "higher" zones and you checked all messages moving slowly trying to not get jumped because even trash mob enemies would twoshot you? That's what every entire late game zone is like even when close to 2k HP.

Basically when the game turns linear and the open world aspect of "oh this is hard, let me go do something else" is no longer a thing since your progress is only in the late level zones, it also ramps up the difficulty. Your level 115 character will feel about as powerful as if you started the game, skipped the first zone and the lake, and rather immediately went to Caelid.

Honestly, that might have something to do with the good review scores. The "Journalist mode" is a meme for a reason. They do like it easy. Most journalists were open that they hadn't finished the game, but were 50-60 hours into it and felt comfortable using that time as their review base. Not realizing that the game has somewhat of a journalist mode for the first 80 hours, as exploring the game and backing away from hard boss fights and coming back later, will make even the most average build OP for most of the content. But then for the last 20%? Dark Souls mode is activated. I've died more in the past 5 hours than in the previous 40.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've gone from feeling overpowered to being utterly emasculated and knowing only future failure that I haven't even experienced yet. Thanks, FOH.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've gone from feeling overpowered to being utterly emasculated and knowing only future failure that I haven't even experienced yet. Thanks, FOH.
Youre Welcome GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ditch the summons, if you're using them. Then if it's still too easy, ditch the talismans/physik. I wouldn't stop leveling.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i wish there was a pvp mode where you took control of a monster in the area. give it glowing green eyes. so they know it's a player. but you have to use that monsters movesets and gear.
Would love this. Even if it was the trash tier enemies.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm anyone happen to know if you can get to swarm of flies from the mohg talisman teleport, or do you have to be able to take the portal in the snow fields?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
ditch the summons, if you're using them. Then if it's still too easy, ditch the talismans/physik. I wouldn't stop leveling.
Look, man. I'm not the young buck who Platinumed Bloodborne without any summons(mostly because I didn't even know how the fuck to summon someone). Now I summon, physik, run motherfuckers off cliffs. Whatever it takes! Once I had kids, I lost all honor in gaming.

Sad Dejected GIF - Sad Dejected Disappointed - Discover & Share GIFs

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Look, man. I'm not the young buck who Platinumed Bloodborne without any summons(mostly because I didn't even know how the fuck to summon someone). Now I summon, physik, run motherfuckers off cliffs. Whatever it takes! Once I had kids, I lost all honor in gaming.
Don't worry bud, I'm not on a pedestal here. I did my first playthrough riding on the back of my mimic ash summon using broken ass builds that have since been nerfed. There's no shame here.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hrm anyone happen to know if you can get to swarm of flies from the mohg talisman teleport, or do you have to be able to take the portal in the snow fields?
I got that from the mohg place a long time ago by doing the invasion quest. Not even sure which portal you’re talking about, but I just ventured into the snow area today so haven’t seen much of it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So pretty much everything past Radahn, I've felt overpowered. I get to Rykard and he's kicking my ass and I'm like, "Finally, I caught up to content that is my level!". SPOILER(probably?) - Nope, you're just supposed to use that snake spear in his room. I'm still too OP. Gonna avoid leveling any more at this point. I think I'm like 115 going into the capitol city.
I'm starting to think that you are meant to do Altus Plateau (including Volcano) BEFORE Caelid. I can comfortably ride around Altus at lv100 but Caelid dogs and birds are still brutal.

There's also a bunch of scarlet rot cure item mats I keep finding in Altus.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have a problem hording consumables and shit. i never found the cleanse spell until after, never used any consumables and still beat lake of rot. I think I've used 1 bolus ever. Never used any grease but I don't think i can put it on my current weapon anyway. It's like using firebombs in previous games, I always do shit the hard way.

Maybe in my str/faith run I'll start using this shit and like optimize at a lower level for bosses.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I got that from the mohg place a long time ago by doing the invasion quest. Not even sure which portal you’re talking about, but I just ventured into the snow area today so haven’t seen much of it.

Yea that answers that then heh.

There's a waygate portal stone thing buried in the snowfields that sends you to his area but from the opposite side of it, for use I suppose if you didn't do the invasion quest stuff.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's a great spell to have, basically 2 cures for 1 since it works on both poison and scarlet rot. Fairly low FP cost also.

As for the level discussion, I think an average end game level is probably around 150. I plat'ed the game a few days ago and I ended up at level 165; I could have wrapped things up much earlier except I wanted to get all the achievements in before hitting the last few bosses.