Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, fuck rune arcs in their ass. 250 discovery and it took me 120 rats (30 resets at Morne spawn) to get just 1.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, fuck rune arcs in their ass. 250 discovery and it took me 120 rats (30 resets at Morne spawn) to get just 1.

Yeah I gave up on that farm. Actually started getting nauseous after about 45 minutes of nonstop rat-killing where I got, like, 3.

It's sorta like Sunlight Medals (Dark Souls 1 and 2) in that you're "supposed" to get them through co-op, and the devs just gave you a super-grindy out in case you don't want to / can't co-op.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did you use pickled silver foot?

Yep. Only had like 180 discovery though IIRC.

I'm gonna take a stab at Sekiro tonight. Last time I tried it was around when it first came out, and I couldn't beat the first miniboss. Now that I've thoroughly pummeled and platinumed most of the Soulsborne games, maybe I can get to the -second- miniboss!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
Yep. Only had like 180 discovery though IIRC.

I'm gonna take a stab at Sekiro tonight. Last time I tried it was around when it first came out, and I couldn't beat the first miniboss. Now that I've thoroughly pummeled and platinumed most of the Soulsborne games, maybe I can get to the -second- miniboss!
Learn to parry pump. Just rapidly hit the parry button like you are playing contra when you want to parry. No timing needed. Grats on learning the most important sekiro skill.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What’s a good boss to try to coop at level 150? I’m out of rune arcs and haligtree is wrecking me.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a problem hording consumables and shit. i never found the cleanse spell until after, never used any consumables and still beat lake of rot. I think I've used 1 bolus ever. Never used any grease but I don't think i can put it on my current weapon anyway. It's like using firebombs in previous games, I always do shit the hard way.

Maybe in my str/faith run I'll start using this shit and like optimize at a lower level for bosses.
Did you beat the dragon soldier in Lake of rot without consumables? I don't see how that's possible. I was there pretty low level so maybe the innate resists you get at higher level offset the insane rot build up you get there. I was using all types of armor combinations and consumable buffs for resistance and would still get rot in like 5 seconds

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is the first FromSoft game that I made a conscious effort to use my soul gaining consumables any time I was at 50+% to a level and wanted to try a new area or boss without having to obsess about dying. It has been so much more fun than past experiences that I have to assume that is what they are intended for in the first place.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you beat the dragon soldier in Lake of rot without consumables? I don't see how that's possible. I was there pretty low level so maybe the innate resists you get at higher level offset the insane rot build up you get there. I was using all types of armor combinations and consumable buffs for resistance and would still get rot in like 5 seconds
There's platforms you can trigger so you dont have to fight in the rot

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone still use Radagons Soreseal if they can hit all their softcaps without it? Wondering if its still worth the extra damage you take or should I trade it out for a different talisman

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Anyone still use Radagons Soreseal if they can hit all their softcaps without it? Wondering if its still worth the extra damage you take or should I trade it out for a different talisman

Im Level 211 and dropped it awhile ago. Once you get high enough level and start hitting softcaps I dont think it is worth it.

• 3Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I was curious about the blue statues laying around with the blue light shining threw them. Apparently you can lure giants to them and if you get them to hit it it has some smith stones and other stuff in them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

I was curious about the blue statues laying around with the blue light shining threw them. Apparently you can lure giants to them and if you get them to hit it it has some smith stones and other stuff in them.
So that's what Try Giant meant...

• 3Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
rape bears and giant octopuses work as well. Funny story, found a giant wyrm boss while running around the snowfields while also had a nearby giant octopus agro on me. The wyrm and octopus started fighting and the octopus kepting stance breaking the wyrm so I just stood there and beat on it for a free 150k runes. Thanks Octobro

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone know a good resource, or can respond here, a breakdown of what changes and locks out after activating the forge?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Boy going from having never pressed the parry button a single time to starting bandit has been uh, an experience lol.

Vorph

Supposedly just about every quest line locks except for Goldmask and Hyetta, assuming you've moved them sufficiently along their paths. It seemed to me that the real trigger was killing Malaketh though, not the forge.

You'll want to have thoroughly looted Leyndell too. Especially the Bolt of Gransax if you care about achievements.

• 3Like

Kiki

Log Wizard

Yup, mushroom head and shit. Suicide runs to the switches, then multiple crossing the slabs every attempt, letting rot reset very fucking slowly wtf, and fight him on the slab.

• 1Like