Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Mushroom outfit didn’t seem to do shit about slowing rot buildup from the lake. Does the big mushroom head Soygen has do that? I assumed it just meant buildup from mobs casting rot mists or something.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ya know, the lack of information is fun on a first playthrough. Game feels mysterious. You accidentally find stuff that's good and feels powerful because nobody actually knows much about the game or its mechanics. It keeps the playthrough interesting.

But subsequent playthroughs? I think that's Soulsborne games biggest flaw. I want information but there is barely any even with PC data mining. And I tried to test some shit out on my own to see if some of my theories were right so I could make an interesting build on another playthrough but now I'm out of Larval Tears on my first char and still have at least a dozen other things I want to try out. It's a serious detriment to immediate replay value.

For instance. Most weapons that have specials and can't use ashes cannot be enchanted with weapon magic like Scholar's Armament or Electrify Armament. However some can be (Like the Bloodhound's Fang), but there is no exhaustive list anywhere. Next, there is some info on how those Armament type spells scale but it's also not exhaustive. For instance Frozen Armament is said to scale with Sorcery Scaling (i.e. INT). Except it doesn't. I also wanted to see if things like Electrify Armament scaled with Arcane on top of Faith since it's a Dragon communion incantation. I just didn't have enough Larval Tears to actually figure out, on my own, how these spells/incantations actually work and scale.

Bah Fucking Humbug! Shoulda bought this on PC where it is far easier to save scum or even edit than PS5

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Still casually plodding along. Just beat the real Mohg after the fake one, and now on the second Astel. Need to finish the haligtree area before I go on and finish the game. I did a little bit of ashen capital (beat the first boss) so I have a good idea what is left.

I went back and got the rest of the seeds and sacred tears I needed, as well as the tears I still want as a caster. This game is phenomenal

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So a friend somehow fucked up and discarded his Jellyfish spirit ashes. Anyone know of a way to get them back?
That’s an awful one to lose. The summon isn’t good but it’s needed for a quest later. Nothing huge though, just gets you an item.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea you can mule items in multiplayer, it's a big part of making twink PVP invaders for the people that don't outright cheat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One thing i'd like to see in a mod that I'd probably use and I wish had been in the base game:

There were so many damn weapons and I never really tried most of them because their damage was always so low compared whatever +5 by mid game or +9 I was using by late game. A mod that makes it so any new weapon you pick up is automatically upgraded to a certain point would be great. One option would be to upgrade all newly found weapons to be 2-3 levels below your most upgraded weapon or another option to be 1 or 2 levels below your max available bell bearing vendor level. Say you've unlocked bell bearings for Somber stones to +9, then every newly found weapon might start at +7.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mushroom outfit didn’t seem to do shit about slowing rot buildup from the lake. Does the big mushroom head Soygen has do that? I assumed it just meant buildup from mobs casting rot mists or something.

Did you get the trinket off the horned archer in the lake? The one wandering around in the rot drops a talisman that boosts immunity.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I can not decide which trash enemy is more annoying between dogs and rats, rats come in larger packs, are low to the ground, and can be hard to hit. Dogs on the other hand are usually paired up with each other or a big baddie and just like to say fuck you to your poise if they can get around you.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can not decide which trash enemy is more annoying between dogs and rats, rats come in larger packs, are low to the ground, and can be hard to hit. Dogs on the other hand are usually paired up with each other or a big baddie and just like to say fuck you to your poise if they can get around you.

Definitely the dogs

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yea you can mule items in multiplayer, it's a big part of making twink PVP invaders for the people that don't outright cheat.
plus you can save scum when you do this so it's basically a dupe exploit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One thing i'd like to see in a mod that I'd probably use and I wish had been in the base game:

There were so many damn weapons and I never really tried most of them because their damage was always so low compared whatever +5 by mid game or +9 I was using by late game. A mod that makes it so any new weapon you pick up is automatically upgraded to a certain point would be great. One option would be to upgrade all newly found weapons to be 2-3 levels below your most upgraded weapon or another option to be 1 or 2 levels below your max available bell bearing vendor level. Say you've unlocked bell bearings for Somber stones to +9, then every newly found weapon might start at +7.
Yeah I kind of agree. Even with easy rune farming it's still an investment to get a new weapon to your current one even in mid-game. There are ways to do that easily in PC, but not a mod that does it in an integrated kind of way like you're thinking.

Easiest way would be to reduce the rune cost of the smithing stones from the vendor to 0 and just buy stacks of them. That's pretty trivial with Releases · vawser/Yapped-Rune-Bear. Still have to go to Hewg and pay to upgrade but it'd be a lot easier.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I was thinking the same thing. I’m late game and I get these badass looking weapons all the time, throw it on and try out its skill and say damn this looks cool…ok back to my real weapon cause I don’t have smithing stones unlocked or tons of runes. You can’t organically switch your weapon build out as you play, would be fun if you could.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the upgrade system could use a tweak. You don't get the late game smithing bells until the last two optional zones when there isn't much to the game left. And even then, there's only a limited number of dragon stones for the final upgrade. So unless you've played for awhile and know exactly what your build is and your late game weapons, you can screw yourself into one weapon for awhile.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mostly don't understand why the upgrade system for "non-magic", or whatever they classify it as, weapons has to be such ass? Needing to find 12 of each level stone to get through that upgrade tier just cockblocks you randomly by 1-2 stones and makes using all those weapons a complete chore.

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Yep dogs make the cut:p

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The best are the scarlet rot dogs with their bugged bite attack that hits like 100 times in half a second and oneshots you.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users