Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I really need to work on parrying...

How's this for impressive? Rune Level 1. No damage.

Put yourself in Niall’s position, and imagine how many controllers and TV’s he shattered. Then delete this post in solidarity.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Also, the jumping puzzle in the very bottom of Lyndell is some utter bullshit. Like, if you made it that far....why?

It's for one of the endings. In fact, you need to do it if you want all the achievements because that particular ending is tied to one of them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are there any missable trophies/achievements on the first run? I'm not sure I'll do any NG+ and would like to get the Platinum if possible on the first run.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For fire giant I did phase 1 on foot since it was easier to dodge through his plate attacks where as the horse you had to try to dash away. Then in phase 2 I switched to horse which made it easier to get back behind him after this roll and wack on his ankle. And once you got on his ankle again he'd just roll again as the only thing he can do to really attack you is his fire spheres.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you worry about doing fire giant at all, bang out Alexander's quest line. You can summon jar bro for that fight and he's really good on it.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I beat fire giant the first time I tried him without the horse. Trying to use the horse at all resulted in me dying repeatedly.

Mohg fight is all about the physick that neutralizes his bleed attack.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Are there any missable trophies/achievements on the first run? I'm not sure I'll do any NG+ and would like to get the Platinum if possible on the first run.
Yes. I missed out on one due to the way I handled Fia the Necrophiliac at Deeproot Depths (Don't remember what I did wrong there) and my attempt to save scum the endings was thwarted because I died at the same as Archdragon Perry the Platypus, got credit for the kill, but was locked out the area in which you fight him and thus was unable to undo the frenzied flame ending for save scummery purposes (bad luck coupled with poor planning on my part). There may be some missable achievements in Lyndell (aside from the sewers) if you kill Malekith in Crumbling Fairuza Balk before fully exploring the city but don't quote me on that.

NG+ doesn't really seem like it is any harder than NG so if you do miss something and want to get the achievement without starting a new character you should be able to tear through the necessary shit rather quickly.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you want to do plat in one run, prior to interacting with the Giants Forge you need to grab the legendary armament in Leyndel, get the 2 seeds of corruption in Leyndel, and visit at least the first grace in the sewers under the capital. Then you can save scum after Elden Beast and do the requisite steps for the three major endings (Ranni’s quest, Frenzied Flame, Elden Lord). If you’ve already locked yourself into Frenzied flame by visiting the 3 fingers, there’s a way to reverse it, but you can handle that with save scumming as well.

There are no missable spells, talismans, or spirit ashes.

Edit: I’m not sure when/if you can miss out on Ranni’s quest. I don’t believe you can miss the other 2 major endings so long as you visit the first grace in the sewers prior to the Giant’s Forge. You actually don’t need the seeds of corruption for any of the major endings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
all remembrances is way more interesting than winning the game though because there are more bosses.

The shit they come up with to bypass and break things is wild. Jumping into trees, off certain walls. And is he parrying his own bell ringing to cast that spell?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Two that I am aware of:

1) You need to grab the Bolt of Gransax spear from Lyendell before you turn the entire city to ash later in the game. I would look it up online and get it while you are naturally exploring Lyendell for the first time.

2) Lichdragon Fortissax achievement requires you to complete Fia's questline, which can be screwed up in a number of ways, so once again I would look it up online to make sure you follow the necessary steps.

There are 3 seperate ending achievements, which technically means you can only get 1 per playthrough, but you can get all 3 on the same playthrough if you remember to save scum right after you kill the Elden Beast.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The best are the scarlet rot dogs with their bugged bite attack that hits like 100 times in half a second and oneshots you.
Is that what happened when I got one shot by a dog in the bird area of mohg’s palace? I thought something I didn’t see must have hit me, because I got hit by one later and it did the normal small chunk of damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To note, If you do miss the bolt of gransax on first run like I did, picking it up will not get you the achievement even if you have all of the other armaments in your inventory already. You’ll need to go through and drop each of them and pick them back up off the ground.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Killing Maliketh is what triggers the point of no return, not necessarily lighting the giant's forge. Important to note that doing so breaks every NPC quest as well, so finish up everything you care to prior to do that.

You can get in to the sewers just fine from the capital of ash, there's a big hole in the middle to let you down.

You MUST complete Millicents entire quest to get the final item from her if you want to scum all 3 of the ending achievements in one run.

You similarly must also progress Sellen's quest far enough to get one of the legendary sorceries. And as said above, if you miss Gransax in the capital you're screwed.

Dung Eater technically has his own ending, but it's not required for the actual achievement so you can just murder him if you want.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Killing Maliketh is what triggers the point of no return, not necessarily lighting the giant's forge. Important to note that doing so breaks every NPC quest as well, so finish up everything you care to prior to do that.

You can get in to the sewers just fine from the capital of ash, there's a big hole in the middle to let you down.

You MUST complete Millicents entire quest to get the final item from her if you want to scum all 3 of the ending achievements in one run.

You similarly must also progress Sellen's quest far enough to get one of the legendary sorceries. And as said above, if you miss Gransax in the capital you're screwed.

Dung Eater technically has his own ending, but it's not required for the actual achievement so you can just murder him if you want.
You only need Millicent's entire quest if you already visited 3 fingers before you save scummed.