Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol now I died diving into the forge. This post fire giant content is rough.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok so I just one shot the fire giant and it was really easy. I just attacked his ankles with a sword til phase two, he didn’t even hit me. Then phase two I just kind of walked around him in my horse slashing his ass and leg, then avoid fire on the ground, I only used 3 flasks the entire fight. Did he get nerfed? I was not expecting it to be so easy.
He didn't get nerfed, you just got the strat right from the gates.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So you don't feel so off for your 100s of hours spent? As this is no longer comparable. Or you feel off for not jumping off every cliff with a horse as far as you can to skip content in retrospect?
Wakandan, wtf are you talking about? I don't "feel off". I just think it's cool they have already gotten speed running under 30 minutes on the game that I'm spending so much time in and enjoying. Everything is ok.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wakandan, wtf are you talking about? I don't "feel off". I just think it's cool they have already gotten speed running under 30 minutes on the game that I'm spending so much time in and enjoying. Everything is ok.

Perhaps I took it the wrong way, and not in spite or with malice ofc.

But on that note, I think their efforts are effectively stolen valor and do not warrant even the suggestion of "beating" anything. It's like "becoming successful" by committing disability and tax fraud. Know what I mean? Eh I think you do, nvm, back to Wakanda here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

But on that note, I think their efforts are effectively stolen valor and do not warrant even the suggestion of "beating" anything. It's like "becoming successful" by committing disability and tax fraud. Know what I mean? Eh I think you do, nvm, back to Wakanda here.

Yeah I only really appreciate the speed runs that involve completing most of the main content. All great-rune runs and such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Eh even the all rememberances runs are full of exploiting. Like riding Torrent through the air to bypass everything and even be able to stay mounted in cities like Leyndell.

• 1Barf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
all remembrances is way more interesting than winning the game though because there are more bosses.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>

It's like putting a jet engine in the back of a Dodge and bragging that you beat a bunch of stock cars. Nobody think you're really the winner, but the idea and making of the jet engine car is still cool and interesting.

EDIT: It's also a lot easier to watch a 28 minute video versus the movie that Tuco just posted!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh even the all rememberances runs are full of exploiting. Like riding Torrent through the air to bypass everything and even be able to stay mounted in cities like Leyndell.
Ya seriously.

Dur hurp look how good they are.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's like putting a jet engine in the back of a Dodge and bragging that you beat a bunch of stock cars. Nobody think you're really the winner, but the idea and making of the jet engine car is still cool and interesting.

EDIT: It's also a lot easier to watch a 28 minute video versus the movie that Tuco just posted!

Mods off invasions on!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's the shitty thing about speedruns.

There's obvious cheating, but there's a lot of gray area that some would consider clever use of game mechanics and you'd have to have a laundry list of what is/isn't allowed that nobody would agree on.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a fan of the no death runs far more than any of the other weird shit people do.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Ok so I just one shot the fire giant and it was really easy. I just attacked his ankles with a sword til phase two, he didn’t even hit me. Then phase two I just kind of walked around him in my horse slashing his ass and leg, then avoid fire on the ground, I only used 3 flasks the entire fight. Did he get nerfed? I was not expecting it to be so easy.

I think I died to the fire giant only twice, both in phase 1 learning the fight. My position is that being able to use your horse is like being able to use ash summons, it makes fights much, much easier. I had zero problems with any of the black knights, with those fights where you are dealing with two mounted knights at once, or even dragons or those things that guard the minor Erdtrees. The Fallenbeast in the crater was sooooo much easier than the one in the cave as another example. It just takes patience to get a few hits in, run away until your stamina regens, then rinse/repeat.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think I died to the fire giant only twice, both in phase 1 learning the fight. My position is that being able to use your horse is like being able to use ash summons, it makes fights much, much easier. I had zero problems with any of the black knights, with those fights where you are dealing with two mounted knights at once, or even dragons or those things that guard the minor Erdtrees. The Fallenbeast in the crater was sooooo much easier than the one in the cave as another example. It just takes patience to get a few hits in, run away until your stamina regens, then rinse/repeat.
I’m not even sure I needed the horse…I barely moved.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yup, that horse's ability to dash the fuck out of there makes all the difference in those outside fights.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Also, the jumping puzzle in the very bottom of Lyndell is some utter bullshit. Like, if you made it that far....why?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I really need to work on parrying...

How's this for impressive? Rune Level 1. No damage.

• 3Like