Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that shit was mad annoying. People putting messages right on treasure chests is another one. Between this and all the "try jumping" by cliffs and stupid "you don't have the right"s in general and I feel let down by the player base this time out. That's the downside to having a zillion new people playing though. Once the Masses arrive, they bring a lot of dumb.
Weird, vast majority of the messages I have seen have been helpful or jokes. Very few trolling/bait ones.

Even most of my mine have been warnings of ambushes or congratulating people, like with the tower of sauron.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i dont understand dual wielding in this game, do you just alternate pressing LB/RB?
Just LB, but you need to have two weapons of the same class to do the dual wield moves/alternate move sets. So two katanas, or two great swords, two daggers, etc. It gives you a large bonus to strength when you do it too, it’s called power stance. Also gives you greater ability to stance break and stagger the mobs. Jump LB attack with two big weapons is pretty killer.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Here is a complaint.

But it is not about the game it is about me, if I could remember to go directly to a a fucking grace point whenever I have enough Runes to upgrade...I would be at least 20 levels higher than I am right now.

I just get lost in exploration and then I end up somewhere I do not belong and I just get ass raped trying to get the Runes back. "Git Gud" should be changed to "Git Gud at Gitting to A Grace Point!" While it is not as catchy I feel as though it will resonate with people.

45+ hours in and I have only killed Rennala, just been exploring and also back tracking to things I missed in Limgrave and the Weeping Penisula.

Game is Great!

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just LB, but you need to have two weapons of the same class to do the dual wield moves/alternate move sets. So two katanas, or two great swords, two daggers, etc. It gives you a large bonus to strength when you do it too, it’s called power stance. Also gives you greater ability to stance break and stagger the mobs. Jump LB attack with two big weapons is pretty killer.

Ah so thats the trick, I tried dual wielding before but had 2 different weapon types and couldnt figure out why it didnt work right

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a complaint.

But it is not about the game it is about me, if I could remember to go directly to a a fucking grace point whenever I have enough Runes to upgrade...I would be at least 20 levels higher than I am right now.

I just get lost in exploration and then I end up somewhere I do not belong and I just get ass raped trying to get the Runes back. "Git Gud" should be changed to "Git Gud at Gitting to A Grace Point!" While it is not as catchy I feel as though it will resonate with people.

45+ hours in and I have only killed Rennala, just been exploring and also back tracking to things I missed in Limgrave and the Weeping Penisula.

Game is Great!
Yep this is exactly how I am playing. Eventually I got smart and when I was close to leveling I would pop some golden runes to get me over the line and spend them. But I’m playing exactly the same as you. Almost the same amount of hours and progress. Right now I’m not learning my lesson and exploring Altus Plateau getting wrecked in areas I’m not supposed to be in while I should probably be in Caiden… I think? Honestly don’t know, but having fun either way!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I just beat Dragonlord Placidusax. I used Latenna the Albinauric spirit and parked her ass quite a good distance from him (remember, she is stationary). Then once I got his attention I pretty much tried to avoid him, getting in attacks when it was reasonably safe, and she whittled him down.
Yeah I've thought about trying exactly that, good to know that it works. I never used her much so would just need to get her to +10. Prior to busting her out I may try Rivers of Blood and...something else. I saw a video of someone dual wielding katanas against Placidusax and they seemed to be doing a shit ton better than my BB, and he was able to be much more reactive to all of the dragon's attacks.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Here is a complaint.

Game is Great!
I think I'm quite a bit further along than you are currently, but I feel your pain. I just got to one of the underworld areas ended up losing 180k runes too stupid frog monsters that give you death poison. It seems that the difficulty suddenly jumped much higher than the previous zone, but I guess that's what happens when you're just running around exploring.

The area definitely seems a hell of a lot harder than the last place I was running around in. Figure I'll regroup after dinner, and try to clear it out. I guess the bosses I had to beat prior to the area should have been a big indicator of how tough things were going to get, but some bosses seem easier than others, and the next area you reach is a cakewalk.

This is the twin gargoyles leading to the deep root depths. I don't care for this place at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Open-world juggernaut Elden Ring continues to go from strength to strength, with publisher Bandai Namco confirming in its latest sales report that Elden Ring sales have exceeded 13.4 million worldwide as of March 31. The challenging RPG has further solidified developer FromSoftware as a mainstream success, eclipsing sales of their previous titles such as Dark Souls III, which sold just over three million copies worldwide in its first month of release – at the time the fastest-selling title in Bandai Namco’s history.

A previous report stated that cumulative worldwide sales of Elden Ring had exceeded 12 million by March 16, meaning that it racked up another 1.4 million units sold in the last two weeks of that month. The acclaimed open-world co-op game still has a way to go to reach the combined Dark Souls series sales, which Bandai Namco reported had reached 27 million in 2020.

Can you make a sequel to Elden RIng or is it a one and done IP?

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Would depend on what ending they consider canonical.

The standard one just continues the cycle.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

To me it feels like a one and done. Flesh it out with an arena pvp DLC (The interiors are fully modeled), a huge underground DLC (plenty of room down there), and the center island DLC. Move on to bloodborne 2 and whatever other weird shit they want to do and make another open world ip in 7 years.

That’s what I hope happens anyways.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Would depend on what ending they consider canonical.

The standard one just continues the cycle.

Or be like Dark Souls, where the sequels have absolutely nothing to do with the previous games (even if there are references between the two).

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So I can get two platinums for it. I did the same thing with Dark Souls 2, 100%'d SOTFS and then decided to go back and plat the regular version too. I don't do this kind of thing with anything except Fromsoft games and it's a new phenomenon. Really it's just Souls 2 and ER.
That’s some S level shit, bro.

40448B06-A8BB-45F9-92A2-7C7E7528C747.gif

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's FROM yes they can make a sequel... course the problem is, how long will it take too top the first one ?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

FromSoft said they will franchise it and develop the IP further but didn't confirm if that will include games.

Prob just comics or books or trinkets.