Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To me it feels like a one and done. Flesh it out with an arena pvp DLC (The interiors are fully modeled), a huge underground DLC (plenty of room down there), and the center island DLC. Move on to bloodborne 2 and whatever other weird shit they want to do and make another open world ip in 7 years.

That’s what I hope happens anyways.

FromSoft specifically avoided announcing any type of game and focused the press release on other areas, so I would guess this is the case.

DLCs for sure. Then some comics and books perhaps. Maybe some other stuff if the initial stuff gets legs, they will continue franchising.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
FromSoft said they will franchise it and develop the IP further but didn't confirm if that will include games.

Prob just comics or books or trinkets.

If they're going to expand the IP and build out more lore, it would only make more sense to make more games.

No one actually wants to read Elden Ring lore, people just want to play the game.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I've thought about trying exactly that, good to know that it works. I never used her much so would just need to get her to +10. Prior to busting her out I may try Rivers of Blood and...something else. I saw a video of someone dual wielding katanas against Placidusax and they seemed to be doing a shit ton better than my BB, and he was able to be much more reactive to all of the dragon's attacks.
I finally downed this son of a bitch yesterday. I did try bow and arrow lady and she was rocking it during the first phase. Once the second phase kicked in, she did jack shit. Every time. I don't understand it, it's like the game kicks into Nightmare Mode for this fight, just for me. She would fire off her arrows and they'd just never seem to land. The dragon would ultimately teleport onto her face and down into the abyss (or up into the dragon's ass, idk) she'd go.

I tried yet again with the Mimic, and this time I tried keeping the dragon's attention on me as much as possible since I don't happily run my face directly into every. Fucking. Attack. That seemed to work alright. The Mimic eventually died as always and with 1/3 health and no flasks left I managed to get the dragon down to a sliver of red.

Then, he teleports, does a couple giant laser claw swipes, I roll, he tosses out fire, I run. I turn, fire off a flame attack with the BB and he's...he's...HE'S...still alive. Shit. He teleports, I roll. I stand up and he's in the process of turning to face me and...come on controller I'm hitting the fucking butttooooonnnn come oooon...flame attack hits, YES. DONE. Jesus Christ why was this fight such on ordeal? lol I think I'd have had less trouble dealing with Malenia and the Fire Giant at the same time if it took place in a half bathroom. Guess I can finally go and beat the game now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They do Elden ring but with Bloodborne and it’ll top this one.
No, it won't. There is a specific crowd that likes BB/Seikiro, but its not the broad audience that latched on to ER. Elden Ring has casual appeal, thanks to the vast variety of builds, biomes, and less twitchy gameplay. BB has none of that and would not fit an open world concept nearly as well. They will probably build another game set in the same universe, since they shelled out for RR Martin's name on it, but I honestly would love to see a DS2 style take on the open world (more variations of magic, better balance to weapons, a bit more clamping down on twinking, a sensible PvP timer system) with maybe a world that is kind of extra planar instead of being totally grounded in the gothic euro aesthetic they used for ER.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I finally downed this son of a bitch yesterday. I did try bow and arrow lady and she was rocking it during the first phase. Once the second phase kicked in, she did jack shit. Every time. I don't understand it, it's like the game kicks into Nightmare Mode for this fight, just for me. She would fire off her arrows and they'd just never seem to land. The dragon would ultimately teleport onto her face and down into the abyss (or up into the dragon's ass, idk) she'd go.

I tried yet again with the Mimic, and this time I tried keeping the dragon's attention on me as much as possible since I don't happily run my face directly into every. Fucking. Attack. That seemed to work alright. The Mimic eventually died as always and with 1/3 health and no flasks left I managed to get the dragon down to a sliver of red.

Then, he teleports, does a couple giant laser claw swipes, I roll, he tosses out fire, I run. I turn, fire off a flame attack with the BB and he's...he's...HE'S...still alive. Shit. He teleports, I roll. I stand up and he's in the process of turning to face me and...come on controller I'm hitting the fucking butttooooonnnn come oooon...flame attack hits, YES. DONE. Jesus Christ why was this fight such on ordeal? lol I think I'd have had less trouble dealing with Malenia and the Fire Giant at the same time if it took place in a half bathroom. Guess I can finally go and beat the game now.
That’s how all the From games are. There are some mobs that destroy people over and over while other people are like huh, that was easy. But that person may get stuck on a different boss that was no problem for the other guy.

That dragon you’re stuck on took me 3-4 tries. Black knife tiche took me forever and melenia even longer. Other people stomped tiche in a couple tries.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Draconic Tree Sentinel can kiss my ass with his Phase 2 lightning bullshit. If I'm even a split second off my timing that hand of god one shots me.....I have P1 down to a science, not that it's really too difficult anyway, but I was hoping to get into Leyndell for more upgrade mats.

May have to detour and go back for Renalla / a few dungeons to grab some better talismans, still haven't even grabbed my physick flask yet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That’s how all the From games are. There are some mobs that destroy people over and over while other people are like huh, that was easy. But that person may get stuck on a different boss that was no problem for the other guy.

That dragon you’re stuck on took me 3-4 tries. Black knife tiche took me forever and melenia even longer. Other people stomped tiche in a couple tries.

I one shot tiche with my 2hand unga bunga, which is the also the 1st time I fought her at all. Then playing through with DMGS and she kept cleaning my clock

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Draconic Tree Sentinel can kiss my ass with his Phase 2 lightning bullshit. If I'm even a split second off my timing that hand of god one shots me.....I have P1 down to a science, not that it's really too difficult anyway, but I was hoping to get into Leyndell for more upgrade mats.

May have to detour and go back for Renalla / a few dungeons to grab some better talismans, still haven't even grabbed my physick flask yet.

Should have done Renalla long before Leyndell, so yeah jump on that. Can also do parts of Caelid before Leyndell if you haven't already. Get a pearl drake and bolt drake talisman for his lightning shit so it doesn't one shot you

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Should have done Renalla long before Leyndell, so yeah jump on that. Can also do parts of Caelid before Leyndell if you haven't already. Get a pearl drake and bolt drake talisman for his lightning shit so it doesn't one shot you

I did red wolf and left figuring I could farm more upgrade mats, have the first 2 bell bearings (non-somber)

Ill probably go back and attempt Renalla and farm a few mini dungeons. Also I forgot all about the lightning talisman so thanks for that!

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
am I underleveled for M
Just LB, but you need to have two weapons of the same class to do the dual wield moves/alternate move sets. So two katanas, or two great swords, two daggers, etc. It gives you a large bonus to strength when you do it too, it’s called power stance. Also gives you greater ability to stance break and stagger the mobs. Jump LB attack with two big weapons is pretty killer.

Went to kill the Magma Wyrm to get my second katana so i can try dual wield but keep getting raped. am I underleveled at 50? its the one in the Gael Tunnel that drops the Moonveil katana

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
am I underleveled for M

Went to kill the Magma Wyrm to get my second katana so i can try dual wield but keep getting raped. am I underleveled at 50? its the one in the Gael Tunnel that drops the Moonveil katana
Go get the meteor katana or uchigatana instead for now.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
am I underleveled for M

I got magma wyrm right around that level. Just go slow. Lots of running around while he spews lava everywhere, wait for your openings. Was one of the more patient fights for me so far.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i just went and got the meteor katana. powerstancing is pretty awesome

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
am I underleveled for M

This should be a pretty easy fight because AFAIK, that one doesn't have a second phase. He has only four or five moves, I think? The general strategy is that you always want to be on his left or right side and don't use lock on. Try to stay away from his tail and his head. This causes him to usually use the move where he spews lava on the side you're on without turning. This is easy to dodge by just jumping over his tail to swap to his other side and you can get a lot of free hits in. The cleaver drop should be easy enough to dodge (run away if you can't get the timing) and his charge ability won't threaten you at all because he can't turn to save his life. The only thing you really have to worry about is the tail whip, because depending on what side you're on, the hit may be delayed (there's a hit box an both his trial AND his cleaver during this move).

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider

Yeah. Certainly weapon types play a huge roll as well. I'm stubborn so just kept on keeping on with the BB.

Tiche took me about 30 seconds total: 5 seconds for her to shred me to dust the first time I ported in, and 25 to rethink my strategy and beat her no problem the second time.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
am I underleveled for M

He can be hard to solo at lower levels, but a decent summon (bird or jellyfish will work here) can give you the window to smoke him. This is a good place to use any bleed or magic greases early in the game, if you have them.