Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This game is going to hit $1 billion USD in gross revenue before the end of the year, holy shit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Beat Godfrey and taking my time farming talismans and upgrading before Margott, simply not looking forward to trying to beat Fire Giant essentially hitless. (I'm assuming most of his attacks will kill me, anyway)

I have the ritual sword and shield talismans, what others should I grab before taking Margott on? Found a lot of reddit posts but there's almost too many opinions / options and I'm not sure what to do.

Thinking jump attack increase paired with the defense raised at full health, but still undecided. Any suggestions?

Rocking dual curved swords with bleed / frost ash of wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Morgott down, pretty sloppy and I got lucky 2 times in the fight, but I think the talisman let me survive a single hit.

Not great but I'll take it!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Morgott down, pretty sloppy and I got lucky 2 times in the fight, but I think the talisman let me survive a single hit.

Not great but I'll take it!
This is cool, and neat to see all his moves. I beat him so fast I didn't see hardly any of those moves

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is cool, and neat to see all his moves. I beat him so fast I didn't see hardly any of those moves
I feel that way about all the bosses I one shot, which was a lot near the end. I was just dodging and swinging and didn’t learn any of their move sets. Trying to pay more attention on my current caster playthrough. I can stand back and watch them more with this build, even if I one shot them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Beat Godfrey and taking my time farming talismans and upgrading before Margott, simply not looking forward to trying to beat Fire Giant essentially hitless. (I'm assuming most of his attacks will kill me, anyway)

I have the ritual sword and shield talismans, what others should I grab before taking Margott on? Found a lot of reddit posts but there's almost too many opinions / options and I'm not sure what to do.

Thinking jump attack increase paired with the defense raised at full health, but still undecided. Any suggestions?

Rocking dual curved swords with bleed / frost ash of wars.

I haven't played in a bit, don't have access to my PS5, and honestly forgot:

Do Ash of Wars add special attacks to weapons? Or are they just the thing that transforms them into Keen / etc weapons for scaling/effects?

When I do a third playthrough with dual frost/blood weaps I'm gonna need to know this stuff to get the most out of it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in a bit, don't have access to my PS5, and honestly forgot:

Do Ash of Wars add special attacks to weapons? Or are they just the thing that transforms them into Keen / etc weapons for scaling/effects?

When I do a third playthrough with dual frost/blood weaps I'm gonna need to know this stuff to get the most out of it.

Both

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What are affinities? Are they the magic versions of ash of war?

That is my assumption since I am a strength build and don't know shit about magic/weapons in ER.

If you tell me affinities are vital to a strength build I will feel a bit dumb. But I will be happy to gain the knowledge.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Affinities are how the weapon scales off of your stats. Keen scales more off of Dex, Heavy more off of Str, Ice off of Int, etc.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
You know what is funny, the entire game I didn't use a great rune once lol, and barely used any ashes of war/weapon abilities.

Think I've just been stuck in my Dark souls melee ways.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You know what is funny, the entire game I didn't use a great rune once lol, and barely used any ashes of war/weapon abilities.

The Great Runes are *shrug* seems they didn't want too make more ember/humanity problems(full heal effects etc)

And if all you're using is Boss weapons, you can't Ash of War them anyway they are locked as well as a lot of weapons in the game also.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Think the only one worth a shit is the Godrick one.

Also rarely used ashes of war until I did a Rivers of Blood build. That shits OP as fuck

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
After a couple months of slow late night filthy casual runs, I finally decided enough was enough and took down floppy Loch Ness Monster penis over the weekend. Kind of a shit fight as a pure melee, especially having to deal with half-naked blacksmith tranny after each failure (I may or may not have used a ping pong paddle to destroy a cardboard house that my daughter colored in following a particularly frustrating death). But, it's over now. I was really ready to be done with this and go back to normal sleep again, but I'm already about an hour into NG+ and looking forward to more. Fucking game, lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Think the only one worth a shit is the Godrick one.

Also rarely used ashes of war until I did a Rivers of Blood build. That shits OP as fuck

What ashes of war did you do with Rivers of Blood? I'll probably use that in the late game of my Samurai build.

After a couple months of slow late night filthy casual runs, I finally decided enough was enough and took down floppy Loch Ness Monster penis over the weekend. Kind of a shit fight as a pure melee, especially having to deal with half-naked blacksmith tranny after each failure (I may or may not have used a ping pong paddle to destroy a cardboard house that my daughter colored in following a particularly frustrating death). But, it's over now. I was really ready to be done with this and go back to normal sleep again, but I'm already about an hour into NG+ and looking forward to more. Fucking game, lol.

Half-naked blacksmith tranny is one of the weirder things about the game for me. I'd rather if we'd just fought Marika but whatever.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What ashes of war did you do with Rivers of Blood? I'll probably use that in the late game of my Samurai build.

Half-naked blacksmith tranny is one of the weirder things about the game for me. I'd rather if we'd just fought Marika but whatever.

It's fixed to corpse piler she can't be changed. You use the talismans that increase damage 20% when something bleeds, the varre mask that increases by another 10%, skill damage +10%, and less fp used on skills and you can just spam the weapon art on everything.

It even does decent damage to things that can't bleed. You'd want to switch up some talismans for that, but only time you'd really want to use sometime else is if they're strong/immune vs fire

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Rivers ashes of war can't be changed, so he probably meant he rarely used weapon skills until he used rivers