Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah so I used every YouTube runes exploit there is. The game is still not trivial at level 200. Lol I can't believe anyone plays this as actual recommended levels.

Open world is super cool and all but man it seems way over-tuned.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Think you also get the dragon incantation seal. Don't think getting that immediately is going to help much
It's actually not a bad idea, you can get a dragonspell somewhat early by killing Agheel which is pretty easy if you get Reduvia or Uchigatana early on, and it's a solid seal for early game even for standard spells that weights 0 and is upgraded by somber stones.

The main reason why starting with 2 keys is worthless is you can literally get 2 keys in ~3-4mins, there's one in stormhill shack and one in agheel ruins(and one on the bridge leading to weeping peninsula if you want a 3rd), so you can generally open everything you need pretty easily with those. And then you can buy a bunch of keys off early vendors for 2k if you need more or look where to loot more(there's one in that starting dungeon with the eerdtree/dragon seal for example as a half refund kind of thing).

I think the only good stuff to start with is Golden Seed, and even that is debatable if you start by doing a long prep before you start playing running around collecting things, since you can get a lot of golden seeds just running around. Past that it's speedrunner shit like getting the imp ashes or the 3k runes so you don't have to backtrack or whatever. I still mostly get the golden seed as I don't want to spend 2hours preping for a run and starting with a +9 weap and shit.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah so I used every YouTube runes exploit there is. The game is still not trivial at level 200. Lol I can't believe anyone plays this as actual recommended levels.

With soft/hard caps, leveling gives really diminishing returns past 140 or so.

End game stuff will never be "trivial" but things like being able to survive things that would normally one shot you goes a long way in making things easier

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220613_202524.jpg

PS4 version going well. Spending a lot more time on Vigor than I did the first time around so it's taking longer to kill things, but I'm surviving with a lot less difficulty. Considering leveling Arcane next, think it's worth it or should I just stick to Dex?

Here are weapons with their bleed/frost procs:

20220613_202537.jpg

20220613_202543.jpg

Main handing the Blood one for the awesome L2. Seems like the Cold one is more effective numberswise though. Considered going for two Colds instead, but IDK. I'm thinking these would wreck with high Dex and Arcane.

I've got the Blood one at +8 now and the Cold one at +2 after doing a couple mines dungeons. Ran out of Smithing Stone 1's at +2 though which is roadblocking me from getting the Cold one to like +6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 416991
PS4 version going well. Spending a lot more time on Vigor than I did the first time around so it's taking longer to kill things, but I'm surviving with a lot less difficulty. Considering leveling Arcane next, think it's worth it or should I just stick to Dex?

Here are weapons with their bleed/frost procs:

View attachment 416992
View attachment 416993
Main handing the Blood one for the awesome L2. Seems like the Cold one is more effective numberswise though. Considered going for two Colds instead, but IDK. I'm thinking these would wreck with high Dex and Arcane.

I've got the Blood one at +8 now and the Cold one at +2 after doing a couple mines dungeons. Ran out of Smithing Stone 1's at +2 though which is roadblocking me from getting the Cold one to like +6.
If you are going blood then arcane is your main stat

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you are going blood then arcane is your main stat

I'm gonna get Vigor and Dex to 40 (about 10 more points each) and then start getting Arcane up. Endurance is looking like my neglected stat this time like Vigor was the first time.

So far I've gotten the second Uchi and defeated: Margit, Godrick, Agheel dragon, Loretta, and a few Gaols and mine dungeons. Fought Godrick one-on-one this time and found it very tough, but it was good to finally have a real fight with him after two playthroughs where I cheesed the fight in different ways. Interested to see what the underworld Ancestor Spirit bosses are like when I'm not massively overleveled.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Interested to see what the underworld Ancestor Spirit bosses are like when I'm not massively overleveled.

In my experience it's been more annoying than hard.

Not sure why there's so many bosses you spend most of the fight chasing down, or if there's so many bosses it just feels like that

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I neglected END forever on my wizard play, because fast dodge was enough. But I got tired of getting one popped by the hyper aggressive shit so I started bumping it, plus I wanted to wear Mohg's robe and still fast roll. Most of the mage play stats are done, just dumping excess in faith in case I ever want to play around with some of the fire spells or golden order shit. Pure sorcery is ridiculous and takes so little stat investment (I dumped a couple into STR and Dex in case I ever want to fuck around with Wings of Astel or DMGS) compared to nearly anything else. And I have suffered zero from it, even wearing only a thin chest piece the entire game, because anythign Comet Azul does not one shot the Night Comet spam pretty much destroys. I have skipped zero bosses and dungeons with the sorcerer, aside from a stupid chariot dungeon, and have had zero issues soloing the entire game (yes I use ashes for some fights). I have the Haligtree medalion from the fort and am done with everything in Giant Land except for the Fire Giant himself. I pretty much broomed the entire zone without deaths aside from some slip ups on the invisible bridge. I don't want it nerfed, but holy hell is sorcery easy mode.

Faith guy I duo with the wife, on the other hand, is a bit spread out for weapon utility and I am light on Dex because of that. His HP are actually lower than the mage, but since his damage resistances are higher, he is much more durable. I really want high dex back for lightning damage, but I have no idea what I would rob to do it. He is more well rounded and tactical, but compared to the MLGS first run and the sorcerer character he is way weaker, despite being 20 levels higher. I am almost ready to just farm the goobers at the Bird Farm with blasphemous to get his Dex up and say fuck it, but the wife hates when I farm ahead of her in levels.

New patch is solid, though they buffed MLGS again LOL. No idea if they fixed the turtles for the Ranni's Dark Moon quest or the Barb Chick quest, but a lot of other smaller things got addressed. Plus animation cancel casting finally got fixed, thank god.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fought Godrick one-on-one this time and found it very tough, but it was good to finally have a real fight with him after two playthroughs where I cheesed the fight in different ways. Interested to see what the underworld Ancestor Spirit bosses are like when I'm not massively overleveled.
Godrick is not really hard if you prepare for him by doing Weeping first and know his moves. My first playthrough he was a hard wall for me, but I have pretty much one shotted him (and the Gaol version of him) ever since.

As for Ancestor Spirit, there are two ways to win that fight and not be overleveled. First is to be any kind of ranged caster (faith with Frenzy Eye laser or Sorcerer with Night Comet) and second is to slap down the Archer woman summon. That fight, especially the harder version where he heals, is just a giant fuck you to mele builds. So much of this game, as Ambiturner pointed out, really is like that. I almost think pure archery might be more workable than pure mele in this game. The giant tree worm guys would be the only real huge pain in the ass for that (the dungeon ones esp), but even then they have lots of AE spin knockback, AE explosions, and grabs to make melee miserable against them.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ancestor Spirit is really easy even at level, it does heal a bunch but depending on RNG you can get a lot of free hits in when it does if it doesn't teleport too far, and the base moveset otherwise is pretty weak besides the rolling attack(which once you know how to dodge is pretty simple too). It's very telegraphed slow hits, and if you're anywhere close to him, a lot of his shit outright misses you by going over your head anyway, so as a melee the only annoyance is the whole teleporting away part. One speedrunning tricks that's useful for bosses like that is as you're sprinting towards something, if you toggle crouch quickly while running, you'll regain a large amount of stamina while barely dropping speed, which lets you have full stamina once you eventually get back into melee range.

Godrick is the Stormveil castle one right? He's extremely easy once you identify the patterns, there's only a few strong hits, and all of them are surprisingly easy to dodge. The big jump you can literally just rotate around him as he's about to land and he'll miss, you just don't want to be rolling backwards, the flamethrower he does at the start of phase 2 you can just run under it and get free damage, he has another flamehtorwer move where he walks as he's spraying this one you just want to stand behind, and the big stomp attacks as all ground attacks the best way is to jump over it rather than try to dodge through it, the timing is a lot more lenient when jumping and you can get jump attacks in to punish it at the same time. I found Margitt to be harder and Margitt is already pretty weak.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I beat the game yesterday.

I was level 172 with ~125 hours.

I killed around 160 of the 165 Bosses, I think I missed a few dungeons and I think there are at least two that come from questlines that I either fucked up or chose another path.

Surprisingly I am not all that excited for another play through. A month ago I couldn't wait for my second play through now I am a bit meh. Debating between another play through of ER, Sekiro, Space Marine or V Rising.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What Makes Ancestor Spirit (the second one) rough on melee is the magic damage field he shits all over the ground making approaching it even for those windows tough. It is not a hard fight, per se, but its a really long patience test for a caster drop your melee guy will likely never make use of (unless you are R2 spamming Blasphemous or Gold Wave in a NG+ to clear trash for funsies)

And yeah, second time at Godrick was really easy. Its a fight where you learn the moves and to NEVER roll backwards in most circumstances. Very much in the spirit of prior souls games, unlike the hyper agro million hit twitch combo shit that litters the later parts of the game. I am fine with a few fights like that to change it up, but if I wanted to play Bloodborne, I would be playing that game.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Compared to most other games today? Absolutely.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m struggling on phase 2 of Rennala. Old and slow maybe but managed to take out magma wyrm and other annoying mobs like that Erdtree Burial Watchdog but she just constantly frustrates me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m struggling on phase 2 of Rennala. Old and slow maybe but managed to take out magma wyrm and other annoying mobs like that Erdtree Burial Watchdog but she just constantly frustrates me.
You can find some armor with nice magic resist in the academy. Also, shes weak to staggering so you need to stay on her ass and preferably use something fast

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I find she's a lot easier on agressive builds than on "safe" builds. She has no poise so she gets staggered by basically everything, she has relatively low hp, she often locks herself into long-ish animations. The main issue is she has very high damage output if you get hit by her stuff and her summons will block projectiles/just be annoying if you don't finish her fast.

Not sure what build you're playing but there's definitely things you can do to improve probably. Some random tips for her:

- Blood Grease(recipe in limgrave, materials in limgrave/liurna) will increase your damage potential a lot if using a semi fast weapon that can have grease. Takes like 5mins to grind 20-30greases. Bloodflame Blade(drops in liurna) can also provide better results if you can cast it. She has no particular resistance to bleed so you can get some good procs to burst her down. Works to speed up phase 1 too.

- As mentionned she has no poise, so if you have fast weapons like any dual wield setup, you can absolutely murder her. She will break away every now and then but keeping pressure ensures she doesn't really do much. Couple with status. If using slow weapons, look for R2 heavy attacks opening instead, especially jumping R2 since that lets you both reposition closer to her while not being too slow

- On her big beam, if you run at her straight away, you will be under the beam once she fires. She always opens phase2 with it so you can start with that. This lets you get several good hits in, such as charged R2 attacks for a stagger if you have a slower weapon, or stacking bleed status if using fast weapons. If using spells and such, I find it's still best to rush her to not have to time the roll(which isn't hard but if you fuck it up she'll chunk 3/4 of your health) and then cast at point blank. If using incantations for example Catch Flame is great to spam during that move or in general.

- She has high magic resist, so if playing a sorcery build, it's best to switch to a non magic spell. Rock Sling is best for her but can require exploring callid a bit to grab it(it's reachable at lvl 1 easily though as it involves no fighting if you're willing to google the location). Crystal spells are also physical I believe?

- The summons are timed. At first I was trying to kill them, but a better way to deal with them is just run around/block/play safe until they despawn. If she summons dragon or troll, she will use a voiceline, which tells you what to expect. Dragon always breath first(starting from its left, your right when facing it) then flies and does a dive. You can easily keep attacking her during firebreath if you're under/behind the dragon, but make sure you dodge the dive(running away far enough will entirely dodge it, otherwise roll into it). For the troll, it always starts by a big slam, so move away immediately if she summons it. I actually forgot what the other move is, but probably just some slow ass swipe, being under it will make it easy to dodge so run back in after. Bloodhound guy is the most annoying so focus on dodging him until he despawns. Wolves can be a bit annoying but aren't super agressive most of the time

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Playing a mage build, I had trouble with her too (shockingly, she has major magic resist). The trick for me was using a fast-moving ash summons like the wolves. With her extreme staggerability, if you go in hard alongside your summons you can just about lock her down. If she manages to get out a summon of her own, just run from it until is disappears (which it will do on its own).

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Am I better off just making both Uchis into Blood Uchis instead of having the offhand one be Cold? Seems like I'll get more out of Arcane that way but I don't know. I was thinking I'd be getting double procs from building up both blood and cold meters on an enemy, but I don't really seem to be getting more procs with L1 spam than I do with R1 spam. I have seen frostbite fire though.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I better off just making both Uchis into Blood Uchis instead of having the offhand one be Cold? Seems like I'll get more out of Arcane that way but I don't know. I was thinking I'd be getting double procs from building up both blood and cold meters on an enemy, but I don't really seem to be getting more procs with L1 spam than I do with R1 spam. I have seen frostbite fire though.

Problem with frostbite, is it can't proc again until the debuff wears off. Just go double blood except for bleed immunes.

• 2Like