Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For normal spear, the only good one you can get pretty early is the Naginata in Gael tunnels in Callid, can get it off a corpse and it's basically the best spear in the game anyway.
Completely agree with this assessment. It has a really great moveset, modest stat requirements, is fairly light, built in bleed accumulation, and really solid scaling. On my first playthrough, I ran this with spinning weapon or the sword phalanx ash for most of the game, until DMGS finally replaced it. Even then, I kept going back to it for certain specific fights. A fair amount of PvPers use it, as well. The only drawback it has is that its stagger is somewhat moderate compared to other weapons of its general class.

Tree Spear is pretty good, too, but not as good as the Naginata overall. IF you are into faith and like the shield counterpoke game, Tree Spear is probably one of the best weapons for that strategy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Interrupted my Elden Ring PS4 run to finish off my Dark Souls 1 NG++ game. All the other Soulsborne titles, I platted at the end of a particular game. Dark Souls 1 however you get the plat midway through NG++. Was bugging me that it isn't ready to start a new game like all the other platinum'd From games are, so I dug it up and I'm doing the rest. Had a brutal fight with Ornstein and Smough, now I'm onto the Lordvessel areas.

Feels very different from ER, much slower and less forgiving. Also way less pretty to look at. I'm doing it, though. After this and the ER second plat are done, I'm gonna replay Demon's Souls on PS5 for the first time since launch month. Then maybe Sekiro.

I can't get enough of these From games, seriously. They're the only current game devs that know how to make players really feel something.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Interrupted my Elden Ring PS4 run to finish off my Dark Souls 1 NG++ game. All the other Soulsborne titles, I platted at the end of a particular game. Dark Souls 1 however you get the plat midway through NG++. Was bugging me that it isn't ready to start a new game like all the other platinum'd From games are, so I dug it up and I'm doing the rest. Had a brutal fight with Ornstein and Smough, now I'm onto the Lordvessel areas.

Feels very different from ER, much slower and less forgiving. Also way less pretty to look at. I'm doing it, though. After this and the ER second plat are done, I'm gonna replay Demon's Souls on PS5 for the first time since launch month. Then maybe Sekiro.

I can't get enough of these From games, seriously. They're the only current game devs that know how to make players really feel something.

Haven't you never even played Dark Souls 3?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Haven't you never even played Dark Souls 3?

That's right. The fact that I have one, just one, From game that'd be entirely new to me whenever I get to it is a good feeling. I'm sure I'll finally get to it (and completely 100% it) before their next big game comes out. Fingers crossed for a Bloodborne remake. I don't want to check off the last From Soulsborne game, especially when I still have a lot to do in the others.

Speaking of which I did some more Souls 1 NG++. Funny how short that game actually is. Went from Anor Londo straight through to almost the end in like 3 hours. Beat pretty much everything except Four Kings which is a total roadblock in a way it wasn't before. The game feels so much slower than Elden Ring or Demon's Souls PS5 and I'm trying to adjust to it, but frequently find myself waiting for a roll that's delayed too long to matter. Not really a fan of the remastered port's overall look either. Gotta say Souls 1 hasn't aged as well as the others, which surprises me because I love Souls 1. The PS4 remaster feels much lower-effort than Souls 2 SOTFS.

Regardless, going back to Souls 1 after ER, it feels borderline obsolete and very antiquated. Still cool as a "proto version" of ER.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Playing DS again and I find my roll evade skills have massively improved from playing ER which has allowed me to play DS with far more aggressive style. I really do miss my jump attacks tho. Otoh I think ER should have the drop attacks DS has. They just feel good.

I beat the twin gargoyles with the star beast jaw. I think the gravity magic seems to stagger or do more damage than them because there stone maybe.. They're a pain in the ass though if they're both out of the same time, but once I switched to that weapon it wasn't too bad. I can burn the first one down with my mimic out, he could at least take the agro as I lined up on the second.
If I'm ever stuck on an encounter...Out comes the beast jaw gravity spam

Winjaw!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ya the swamp lobsters definitely snipe way too far and hard lmao
Yeah one night I beat the dragon in the ice lake like a fuckin boss then I’m riding away feeling all proud then an ice lobster comes out of the ground and pushes in my shit.

• 1Repost

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Filthy ice lobsters

1655612899375.png

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Had a chance to play with my friend again this morning. Haven’t played in a couple weeks and not since latest patch.

Had the naked dude with a pot on his head always been in Seluvis’s secret puppet dungeon? Or did they add that in latest patch as a nod to LetMeSoloHer guy?

If the latter, that is 210% fucking badass.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a chance to play with my friend again this morning. Haven’t played in a couple weeks and not since latest patch.

Had the naked dude with a pot on his head always been in Seluvis’s secret puppet dungeon? Or did they add that in latest patch as a nod to LetMeSoloHer guy?

It has always been there, you can also get a paper spirit ash for him

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Wait, what is "Seluvis' secret puppet dungeon"?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It was always in there. I’m guessing that’s where the guy decided to go with that style.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been screwing with rivers of blood finally…so many weapons to try. And yeah, it’s a bit OP but I realize that I personally suck just enough that the moonveil or sword of night and flame turbo staggers are easier for me to use.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wait, what is "Seluvis' secret puppet dungeon"?
In the ruins around the towers there's a secret room you can enter that has Seluvis puppets. This is where you go to continue Seluvis questline to the end, as well as Selen's questline.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I still don’t get Selen’s final fate. I’m sure there’s dialogue somewhere or an item that explains it. But I haven’t found it or bothered looking.