Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In the ruins around the towers there's a secret room you can enter that has Seluvis puppets. This is where you go to continue Seluvis questline to the end, as well as Selen's questline.

Man. 140 hours over 3 playthroughs and there's still stuff I don't know about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
She fucked around and found out.
Yeah there's no actual explanation for the result but that's the most likely answer, seeing as how that's the usual Souls quest resolution. Character is looking for something, you help them find the thing, they die. This is 80% of the Souls questlines.

Spoiler quest stuff
Characters that die:
Varre, wants you to serve Mohg, dies when he tries to fight you there for whatever reason
Boc, wants to be reborn, dies if you help him
D, not sure what he even wants, dies when Fia leaves
Guranq, wants deathroots, dies? technically this image/clone thing doesn't die even after you kill the real one, weird shit
Thops, wants to get into the academy, dies in there
Hyetta, wants grapes, dies once she's guided you to the Three Fingers
Alexander, searches for the greatest glory in combat, dies to the Tarnished in a duel
Blaidd, wants to serve Ranni, dies when Ranni obtains what she wants
Seluvis, wants to control Ranni, dies when Ranni obtain what she wants
Iji, wants to help Ranni, dies when he hears Blaidd died for serving Ranni
Fia, wants to birth Godwyn's child, dies to D's brother for having killed his brother
Sellen, wants to learn of primordial magic, "dies" when she learns primordial magic
Corrhyn, wants to understand Golden Mask, they both die when the tree burns
Yura, wants to kill the Bloody Fingers, dies to the last one
Bernhal, wants to do Tanith contracts maybe, not too sure, dies in Farum once he tries to kill you
Rya, wants to know the truth, either asks to be killed or leaves when she does(might be considered dead after leaving too I guess)
Black Bogart, not sure what he wants but still dies to Dung Eater(unless you kill Dung Eater first)
Dung Eater, wants to curse everything, dies after being fed all the curses("good" ending for him though)
Millicent, wants to discover her connection to Malenia, dies whether or not you decide to kill her once she reaches the truth
Latenna, I guess just dies right away, and you help her after that
Rogier, wants to know about the Black Knife stuff, dies regardless
Diallos, wants to pretend that "the tale of House Oslow is told in blood", big pussy, still dies anyway

Characters that don't die
Roderika, actually doesn't die, but also important mechanic NPC
Kenneth/Nepheli, actually don't die, good ending
Ranni, died already, but is still somewhat alive, doesn't die again
Gowry, wants to see Millicent "bloom", kinda doesn't die I guess, but drops a talisman on death if you kill him after
Tanith, wants us to join the family, doesn't die directly but can be killed for special rewards
Patches, wants to survive, actually survives

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So the latest patch they finally fixed the rune farming exploit with the bird on the Morgwyn Palace Approach. He no longer falls off the edge. God dammit. Not that it's a big deal, now that I've beaten the game, but that was my go to place to pick up a quick 40,000-50,000 runes to buy shit and upgrade my weapons. The bird only fell off the ledge twice out of the 12 or 15 times I shot it with the arrow. Not nearly worth the time invested anymore. I still love this game, but playing through again, the game is pretty god damn easy. I mean, I'm level 277 now, and I'm trying to play without using Tiche, or the Mimic Tear, but it's still pretty easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So the latest patch they finally fixed the rune farming exploit with the bird on the Morgwyn Palace Approach. He no longer falls off the edge. God dammit. Not that it's a big deal, now that I've beaten the game, but that was my go to place to pick up a quick 40,000-50,000 runes to buy shit and upgrade my weapons. The bird only fell off the ledge twice out of the 12 or 15 times I shot it with the arrow. Not nearly worth the time invested anymore. I still love this game, but playing through again, the game is pretty god damn easy. I mean, I'm level 277 now, and I'm trying to play without using Tiche, or the Mimic Tear, but it's still pretty easy.
There's a few places you can use that are pretty good, for a "quick" 50k I usually do the big dragon in drabonbarrow, you go to fort faroth and just attack the tail with a bleed weapon, can be done at lvl 1 with an uchigatana from the catacombs in limgrave or reduvia if you have arcane or whatever, but at higher level you can use a proper weapon with a bleed ash of war to go faster. Right before it dies, get on your horse, finish it then go sit at the grace next to it and you'll get the runes but the death won't be registered, so the boss respawns, so you can keep farming it. I usually only do it once or twice at the start of a rune to get all my stats fixed, it doesn't take very long to go there either you can take the teleporter next to the church of marika in east limgrave(the one that goes to beast sanctuary, don't need to speak to D before the teleporter is useable) and then run there.

Takes longer than shooting 5 birds but it's not that bad and I like it cause you can do it straight up when you start.

Alternatively if you have mogwyn, just killing the sleeping guys at the entrance is just as good/better than the bird strat if you have good aoes(dragonbreath attacks are pretty good for that for example, the best is the last boss weapon that does a wave of gold on the ground since it kills everything in one hit), and there's also a more glitchy way that involves jumping down a specific place in the blood lake and after falling down for a minute or whatever, everything despawns and you get the runes for every mobs in that area which amounts to like 175k runes. For that one you want to google it and search for the 1.05 way since it was done by jumping straight down in 1.04 but in 1.05 you have to jump on a small rock first before you can do it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meant to say, I attempted Rennala after the feedback on here and dropped her second try. First only failed because I got all camera-turned round and she cheesed me.

The run towards her under the beam and keep up the melee pressure really worked a treat. Granted, I'd also just picked up Oleg's Ashes and he seems a bit of a beast.

Took out a few other problem mobs like Commander O'Neill and a Godskin Apostle and was feeling pretty happy with myself so tried Radahn and summarily got my shit pushed so far in I was made to feel like the play doh barber toy.

giphy.gif

Have they fixed the water kill cheese yet or is that still a viable (if shameful) strat?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No clue why they even bothered nerfing the bird farm at this point, since AOE on the goobers was much more effective. You can pretty much AOE them reliably for 30-40k a clear once you either get the cannon spell or blasphemous blade, so nerfing the bird is really just punishing certain generic mele builds. And of course in NG+ you can Wave of God the area. Its later in the game (if you don't exploit the Varric Quest), but you can kill the big sword ice guys in the initial ruins in land of giants from complete safety above them for around 30-40k a clear, too. This was something that should have been nerfed immediately or not at all, since everyone already milked it and it just discourages replays.

PS-Tested it some and the Bird Farm still works, you just have to position differently. Having an arrow with a debuff or dot effect (Serpent Arrows with Serpent Bow) helps encourage him to jump as well. Its still worse than AOEing the loafs on the hill next to that camp, but its way better than nothing. Now pure melee guys are just going to AFK in that dungeon north of the Radann fight if they want to sproit.

In personal news with the wife teamup playthrough, we almost never lose to gankers lately. They have to jump us in a really shitty spot to even have a chance. As soon as they become visible, Elden Stars and Shattered Stars go up then they get to roll around like retards while I rush in with Rivers to clean up the mess. It also helps that the wife has a spare slot to make her look like the host or ally. I think one guy with double Naginatas and frost may have killed us by using the point blank faith AE on us when we were fucking around on the pipes in the sewers, but that was about it. He gave up after we turned it around on him with the cannon spell. We also keep Law of Regression at the ready for the alpha strikers and they fucking hate that shit because they usually flask up first thing. The gankers are still annoying and I have no idea what motivates them, really. But at least we are able to progress relatively unimpeded.

On the topic of discovering things for the first time, we found the dungeon in the sewers, which is not something we had ever seen before. That has to be the best mindfuck dungeon in the entire game. Boss was weak compared to the bullshit you have to clear to get to him, but clearing all the Omens along the way was fun.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meant to say, I attempted Rennala after the feedback on here and dropped her second try. First only failed because I got all camera-turned round and she cheesed me.

The run towards her under the beam and keep up the melee pressure really worked a treat. Granted, I'd also just picked up Oleg's Ashes and he seems a bit of a beast.

Took out a few other problem mobs like Commander O'Neill and a Godskin Apostle and was feeling pretty happy with myself so tried Radahn and summarily got my shit pushed so far in I was made to feel like the play doh barber toy.

giphy.gif

Have they fixed the water kill cheese yet or is that still a viable (if shameful) strat?

Resist using cheese, that is the path to the dark side

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No clue why they even bothered nerfing the bird farm at this point, since AOE on the goobers was much more effective. You can pretty much AOE them reliably for 30-40k a clear once you either get the cannon spell or blasphemous blade, so nerfing the bird is really just punishing certain generic mele builds. And of course in NG+ you can Wave of God the area. Its later in the game (if you don't exploit the Varric Quest), but you can kill the big sword ice guys in the initial ruins in land of giants from complete safety above them for around 30-40k a clear, too. This was something that should have been nerfed immediately or not at all, since everyone already milked it and it just discourages replays.

PS-Tested it some and the Bird Farm still works, you just have to position differently. Having an arrow with a debuff or dot effect (Serpent Arrows with Serpent Bow) helps encourage him to jump as well. Its still worse than AOEing the loafs on the hill next to that camp, but its way better than nothing. Now pure melee guys are just going to AFK in that dungeon north of the Radann fight if they want to sproit.

In personal news with the wife teamup playthrough, we almost never lose to gankers lately. They have to jump us in a really shitty spot to even have a chance. As soon as they become visible, Elden Stars and Shattered Stars go up then they get to roll around like retards while I rush in with Rivers to clean up the mess. It also helps that the wife has a spare slot to make her look like the host or ally. I think one guy with double Naginatas and frost may have killed us by using the point blank faith AE on us when we were fucking around on the pipes in the sewers, but that was about it. He gave up after we turned it around on him with the cannon spell. We also keep Law of Regression at the ready for the alpha strikers and they fucking hate that shit because they usually flask up first thing. The gankers are still annoying and I have no idea what motivates them, really. But at least we are able to progress relatively unimpeded.

On the topic of discovering things for the first time, we found the dungeon in the sewers, which is not something we had ever seen before. That has to be the best mindfuck dungeon in the entire game. Boss was weak compared to the bullshit you have to clear to get to him, but clearing all the Omens along the way was fun.

Did you find the hidden crypt in the path to the Haligtree yet?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Radahn is as easy or hard of a fight as you want to make it. The water cheese requires planning and knowing when he is about to go orbital, I think. I never ended up doing that because my normal strategy was working fine for me. Dude is super weak to Night Magic for some reason, so offhanding a staff of loss and spamming night comet did a lot of damage as a mage. As a faith warrior I used the dragon rot breath tactic.

But really, every build can do the same basic strategy. Spam the summons (being careful to avoid his arrows until they close in) and make sure you re-summon them steadily as they get ganked. Apply whatever damage you feel you can get away with, ranged if possible, stick and move if not (Tree Spear is great here). Stay on the fucking horse and away from him and let the summons tank. Don't fuck with him if you pull agro. The three key summons in this fight are the healer maiden, Blaid, and Alexander as they can hang in their the longest. This fight is more about being patient and not fucking up than it is about pressure or tricks. If you do have the Rot Dragon incantation, its gold in the second phase if you can land it.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did you find the hidden crypt in the path to the Haligtree yet?
Yeah we can enter the forbidden lands whenever, just back cleaning all we can prior to Fire Giant before moving on. Wife loves overland exploration and it seems killing a major regional boss prevents MP after that, so word of advice to those wanting to coop: Leave major area bosses for last whenever possible. This particularly applies to the Plateau south of the Adademy when you kill the blue dragon at the church, Capital with Morgot, Sewers with baby Mohg, Academy area with Renalla, and Radann's castle after you gank him. There are other areas where it happens, but those stood out because there is so much to explore that you can end up whacking a boss and negating MP in the area.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we can enter the forbidden lands whenever, just back cleaning all we can prior to Fire Giant before moving on. Wife loves overland exploration and it seems killing a major regional boss prevents MP after that, so word of advice to those wanting to coop: Leave major area bosses for last whenever possible. This particularly applies to the Plateau south of the Adademy when you kill the blue dragon at the church, Capital with Morgot, Sewers with baby Mohg, Academy area with Renalla, and Radann's castle after you gank him. There are other areas where it happens, but those stood out because there is so much to explore that you can end up whacking a boss and negating MP in the area.

This mechanic for co-op was one thing I was hoping they'd change in a patch. I get that that's how Fromsoft co-op has always been, but it's just really fucking dumb that co-op is ever disabled by killing things.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Especially in an open world game where things are not always done in the expected order. They just plain refuse to give up on the ganking being a part of the game and this already incredible game would become even better if they did. There is no reason they can't do dueling or full on PvP/free for all zones for people who enjoy that. They are alienating a lot of their new audience by letting all the basement dweller griefers alpha strike them continuously and randomly preventing friends from playing together. My wife is having a hard time staying interested when we literally get invaded by the same two assholes in snowland spamming the same shit over and over again. And mind you, we generally win most of the time, because the gankers are so predictable. But we are also sticking to certain spells and weapons to specifically deal with the gankers.

I really want to play around with lightning spells and some of the other later game weapons, but I know if I don't slot Elder Stars and Rivers of Blood, we won't make any progress. Wife feels even more that way as a sorcerer, as she has not changed her spell lineup since the fucking Acadamy lake for the most part. I would say I can't imagine what it is like for the more casual who don't have a focused build with the other person sitting side by side with them to coordinate, but we went through that shit around the time we were in the Academy Lake area with a rivers of blood or madness AE guy showing up every five minutes. At least my wife and I have the discipline to never chase the gankers now, since all they do is try to alpha the host and then run away into monster spawns when that plan invariably flops. This kind of behavior is hurting what they have built here, imo. We might be used to it, but I guarantee the 90 percent of the fan base who are normie gamers are being driven to rage by it, if not outright quitting over it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Is there anything good in that crypt dungeon in the sewers?

I skipped it both times because I just wanted to find Mohg and get out of there.

"Now pure melee guys are just going to AFK in that dungeon north of the Radann fight if they want to sproit."

Tell me moar

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I skipped it both times because I just wanted to find Mohg and get out of there.

"Now pure melee guys are just going to AFK in that dungeon north of the Radann fight if they want to sproit."

Tell me moar
Do you mean the catacombs inside the sewers? Notably the boss drops the blood dmg talisman, 20% dmg for 20secs when something bleeds(you or an enemy), it's really strong for meta bleed builds, you can proc it on yourself with sepukku even for immune to bleed bosses, and anything not immune means you can usually keep very good uptime. If you're not using a bleed build there's not much reason to go there iirc.

The dungeon you can afk at is the one northeast in the desert that's Radahn's area, after you defeat him. War-torn catacombs iirc or something like that, for some reason it's a high level area(like 100+) but the interesting part is at the entrance, there's ghosts fighting each other, and they respawn when killed. Since they eventually kill each other, you get runes, then they respawn and keep giving runes. It's not fast by any means, it takes a while for them to die usually, but you can just sit at the entrance afk and get runes that way passively over time. You can also speed it up manually by backstabbing the mobs but it can be a bit dangerous since the mobs hit like trucks in there, if you get impale grabbed by the spear guys there's a good chance you die in one hit. No actual loot there though, just a golden seed(boss is one of the big tree worm shit) and a legendary ash summon if you need the achievement. Catacomb boss in sewers might have one of these too.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crypt in the sewers has two tough crayfish outside it guarding some good smiting mats, a cook book, and a shackle for both Mogh fights. Final reward is a niche talisman, but its loaded with glovewarts and a good mindful in its design. Night Comet completely destroys the whole place. So worth doing, but only essential if Mogh is rough for you or you are an all in bleed build.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Tell me moar
Guessing it’s the one where spirits mobs are fighting/killing each other and you get the runes?