Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah there's no actual explanation for the result but that's the most likely answer, seeing as how that's the usual Souls quest resolution. Character is looking for something, you help them find the thing, they die. This is 80% of the Souls questlines.

Spoiler quest stuff
Characters that die:
Varre, wants you to serve Mohg, dies when he tries to fight you there for whatever reason
Boc, wants to be reborn, dies if you help him
D, not sure what he even wants, dies when Fia leaves
Guranq, wants deathroots, dies? technically this image/clone thing doesn't die even after you kill the real one, weird shit
Thops, wants to get into the academy, dies in there
Hyetta, wants grapes, dies once she's guided you to the Three Fingers
Alexander, searches for the greatest glory in combat, dies to the Tarnished in a duel
Blaidd, wants to serve Ranni, dies when Ranni obtains what she wants
Seluvis, wants to control Ranni, dies when Ranni obtain what she wants
Iji, wants to help Ranni, dies when he hears Blaidd died for serving Ranni
Fia, wants to birth Godwyn's child, dies to D's brother for having killed his brother
Sellen, wants to learn of primordial magic, "dies" when she learns primordial magic
Corrhyn, wants to understand Golden Mask, they both die when the tree burns
Yura, wants to kill the Bloody Fingers, dies to the last one
Bernhal, wants to do Tanith contracts maybe, not too sure, dies in Farum once he tries to kill you
Rya, wants to know the truth, either asks to be killed or leaves when she does(might be considered dead after leaving too I guess)
Black Bogart, not sure what he wants but still dies to Dung Eater(unless you kill Dung Eater first)
Dung Eater, wants to curse everything, dies after being fed all the curses("good" ending for him though)
Millicent, wants to discover her connection to Malenia, dies whether or not you decide to kill her once she reaches the truth
Latenna, I guess just dies right away, and you help her after that
Rogier, wants to know about the Black Knife stuff, dies regardless
Diallos, wants to pretend that "the tale of House Oslow is told in blood", big pussy, still dies anyway

Characters that don't die
Roderika, actually doesn't die, but also important mechanic NPC
Kenneth/Nepheli, actually don't die, good ending
Ranni, died already, but is still somewhat alive, doesn't die again
Gowry, wants to see Millicent "bloom", kinda doesn't die I guess, but drops a talisman on death if you kill him after
Tanith, wants us to join the family, doesn't die directly but can be killed for special rewards
Patches, wants to survive, actually survives
I don't know who half those people are and I killed Patches.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know who half those people are and I killed Patches.
Well that was just the outcome of their quests, you can kill most of the NPCs in the ones that don't die, some with actual rewards too(Patches drops a nice spear if you kill him early for example, although you lose his quest reward in the manor). Most of these NPCs are either in roudtable hold, in volcano manor or part of ranni's questline, only a few are kinda weird to find so maybe you just didn't remember their names instead maybe.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife was out of town, so I wrapped up the wizard play through I was on. What a fucking faceroll that was. My main play was a tank using MLGs and supplimenting with some sorcery, so I made a specific point of going pure wants and minimal armor (wore Moghs robe for most of the last part of the game and nothing else) using weapons only when I was completely bone dry on mana and had to make it to a checkpoint. Oh, I guess I did pick up the spear for the Rykard fight, which is also one of two places I had to use a shield. Spent most of the game with the Queen staff in the main hand and the Staf of Loss in the offhand, though I maxed out DMGS, Wings of Astel, and the Death Staff just in case I keep playing the character.

By the end, I was so efficient with my mana that I started actually slotting more health pots. I alpha cometted a lot of things, but mainly Night Comet and the Cannon spell were my work horses, with the bow spell when I needed range. Ranni's Dark moon was in there for specific fights that it trivializes, like Hora Loux. My core lineup basically did not change from the point at which I completed Ranni's questline (shortly prior to Atlus).

I was able to do just about everything without anything but summons (wife wanted to play duo wizards so we did some side shit together) and was amazed at how easy it was. Melenia I was actually able to do with Dungeater Ash doing the tanking, after about maybe three attempts (though I died a lot expirementing with Tiche) by tapping her with Lorettas arrows from miles away mostly. Fire Giant, Melekith, Hora Loux, Godskin Duo, and Placidex I was able to all one shot with Tiche backing me up. Radagan/EB was actually a reverse of my first play, where I kept getting wrecked by Radagan but one shotted the EB once I got to him. The caster could consistently crush Radagan, but would always get ass blasted trying to get in range of EB to use my preferred nukes. So I did something silly and rolled out the DMGS and mimic tear for the EB portion (living with medium encumbrance was the hardest part of this) and got him down in three tries with that strategy.

I have a couple chariot dungeons to clear, but have otherwise broomed the entire thing with the wizard at this point. I am holding back on NG+ for the wiz because the wife sometimes prefers team Comet to my dedicated tank partner for her. That an I just plain want to start over. Just not sure if I want to do a full frontal male nudity Arcane build (would share similarities to my faith dex guy unfortunately) or go heavy tank weapon ashes instead of spells only route. The second sounds harder and there are some fights I just would not look forward to, but I am leaning that direction.

Sadly, this game has ruined me for all other games......

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Really struggled with the Valiant Gargoyles on my bow build. Finally got them though. First boss I have had real trouble with.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I stupidly struggled with Rennala this weekend on my Dex/Int build. I was too obsessed with staggering her with my Moonveil and after many failed attempts, one of which she summoned her troll on my head and insta-gibbed me during her death animation, I just started nuking her and she died in seconds. Was so hung up on her Magic Resistance I didn't even think to try spells.

I'm enjoying unlocking all the maps bar Giants, just because I'm not at the point in the story, but I am just tooling around trying random dungeons and forts to see if I can survive. Few places I've found are good at farming runes, the Bridge of Iniquity is decent for ranged at around 60, I'll probably just throw over a day to boosting to 70-80 and then try Radahn and any random places I can get decent talismans/armour from. Equally, I'm hitting a wall with level 5 Smithing and Somber Smithing Stones so need to find a reliable spot for them.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I stupidly struggled with Rennala this weekend on my Dex/Int build. I was too obsessed with staggering her with my Moonveil and after many failed attempts, one of which she summoned her troll on my head and insta-gibbed me during her death animation, I just started nuking her and she died in seconds. Was so hung up on her Magic Resistance I didn't even think to try spells.

I'm enjoying unlocking all the maps bar Giants, just because I'm not at the point in the story, but I am just tooling around trying random dungeons and forts to see if I can survive. Few places I've found are good at farming runes, the Bridge of Iniquity is decent for ranged at around 60, I'll probably just throw over a day to boosting to 70-80 and then try Radahn and any random places I can get decent talismans/armour from. Equally, I'm hitting a wall with level 5 Smithing and Somber Smithing Stones so need to find a reliable spot for them.
Yeah Rock toss (the one the Meteorite Staff boosts) completely destroys her.

Somber 5s are a bit of a bottleneck, but there are tons scattered in Caelid, both in dungeons and overland. Also, make sure even if you use the lift to Atlus that you still clear the big mining tunnel alternate path, because that place is jam packed with mining stones. The bell that lets you actually buy Somber 5s is a long ways off, but you can nab a couple from Ijii, the giant dude in the lake area who serves Ranni.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I platinum'd the game before Alexander's quest was fully implemented, so this was mostly new to me. Good editing and cinematography as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Attempted the Crystalian Twins in the Academy Crystal Cave in order to get the Terra Magica spell but I could hardly dent them. Any suggestions for a caster? Spells, even Rock Toss, not scratching them and I don't think I have any blunt weapon Ashes.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Attempted the Crystalian Twins in the Academy Crystal Cave in order to get the Terra Magica spell but I could hardly dent them. Any suggestions for a caster? Spells, even Rock Toss, not scratching them and I don't think I have any blunt weapon Ashes.
Once you stagger them once it allows you to deal normal damage to them (melee at least), so you could technically use any weapon and ignore blunt weapons altogether.

Hopefully magic also works at that point.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure magic can break their stance the same way melee does, just takes a little longer

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure magic can break their stance the same way melee does, just takes a little longer
Some spells are as fast/faster, like rock sling, gavel of haima, greatsword phalanx for sorceries or dragonclaw/maw and aspect of the crucible horn/tail for incantations.

But yeah other than that you just spam spells until they break, and then they take increased damage, so it's just weird. You'll fight them for a bunch as they slowly drop to like ~75%, then get broken, and then they'll die in 5hits and flinch on every hit(so if you have multiple units ashes they'll just stunlock them down once broken).

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rock toss until they get staggered, then spam fast shard or comet. As stated, after they get stance broken the first time their defense goes in the shitter and they are super easy to stunlock. The trio with rot are the rough ones to beat.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, thanks for tips. Picked up Kaiden Sellsword Ashes and spammed Rock Sling till they were staggered then took them apart. Annoyingly was exploring an hour later and stumbled on the three Crystallians and I managed to get one down before the other two beat me to a pulp.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First Souls game here. Observances:

- the best open world game in history? Yes maybe.
- MP is cancer, just let people coop
- later areas are over-tuned

I'm on playthrough number 1 and used every exploit to get to level 200. I cannot picture playing this game at intended level. To each their own though. 👍

Basically if you couldn't just out level everything this game would suck hard.

Also Easy Anti Cheat is an absolute joke. I can't even run this game with it. Every employee of that company should be fired. 👎

EAC is malware at this point. No excuses. 😵

• 1Faggotry

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Attempted Radahn on Dex/Int build around level 78 and one-shotted him.

There's a noticeable difference between ranged and melee difficulty although, saying that, the strategy I used could equally work on melee. This time around I hardly bothered to damage him and just relied on the various summons to take him down while avoiding all of his aoe shit.

My next target is Glintstone Dragon Adula. Initial attempts were encouraging using ashes archer woman at max range but my impatience at the time it was taking to whittle it down got the better of me.