Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I forget the name of the spell, but its the one that the prisoner starts with that summons a sword on a delay and you can summon a bunch at once. That spell from horseback is how I took out Adula on my caster run. That spell is good in general, until you get Night Comet, but there are some fights where you need offense out there while you are dodging your ass off and it fits the bill for fights like this. Its also pretty decent against quick dodgy guys, because the AI is retarded and dodges the initial cast and not the actual spell striking the target.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS The archer summon is really amazing in the right fight, but you have to play differently and keep the heat off of her. I used her to burn down Firstborn of Stars in my mage run while I went in and dodge tanked him the entire fight. She can basically solo Millenia if you can avoid getting hit and stay close the entire fight, as well.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wife was out of town, so I wrapped up the wizard play through I was on. What a fucking faceroll that was. My main play was a tank using MLGs and supplimenting with some sorcery, so I made a specific point of going pure wants and minimal armor (wore Moghs robe for most of the last part of the game and nothing else) using weapons only when I was completely bone dry on mana and had to make it to a checkpoint. Oh, I guess I did pick up the spear for the Rykard fight, which is also one of two places I had to use a shield. Spent most of the game with the Queen staff in the main hand and the Staf of Loss in the offhand, though I maxed out DMGS, Wings of Astel, and the Death Staff just in case I keep playing the character.

By the end, I was so efficient with my mana that I started actually slotting more health pots. I alpha cometted a lot of things, but mainly Night Comet and the Cannon spell were my work horses, with the bow spell when I needed range. Ranni's Dark moon was in there for specific fights that it trivializes, like Hora Loux. My core lineup basically did not change from the point at which I completed Ranni's questline (shortly prior to Atlus).

I was able to do just about everything without anything but summons (wife wanted to play duo wizards so we did some side shit together) and was amazed at how easy it was. Melenia I was actually able to do with Dungeater Ash doing the tanking, after about maybe three attempts (though I died a lot expirementing with Tiche) by tapping her with Lorettas arrows from miles away mostly. Fire Giant, Melekith, Hora Loux, Godskin Duo, and Placidex I was able to all one shot with Tiche backing me up. Radagan/EB was actually a reverse of my first play, where I kept getting wrecked by Radagan but one shotted the EB once I got to him. The caster could consistently crush Radagan, but would always get ass blasted trying to get in range of EB to use my preferred nukes. So I did something silly and rolled out the DMGS and mimic tear for the EB portion (living with medium encumbrance was the hardest part of this) and got him down in three tries with that strategy.

I have a couple chariot dungeons to clear, but have otherwise broomed the entire thing with the wizard at this point. I am holding back on NG+ for the wiz because the wife sometimes prefers team Comet to my dedicated tank partner for her. That an I just plain want to start over. Just not sure if I want to do a full frontal male nudity Arcane build (would share similarities to my faith dex guy unfortunately) or go heavy tank weapon ashes instead of spells only route. The second sounds harder and there are some fights I just would not look forward to, but I am leaning that direction.

Sadly, this game has ruined me for all other games......

Yeah, I also have all other games ruined for me now. Or did, at least, it's subsiding a bit and my interest in other games is slowly returning.

My PS4 run (for a second plat) has gone really well. Went shield-less (except Rykard) with no spells and it has been much more difficult. Powerstancing two Blood Uchis was a lot of fun though, and now I've got Rivers of Blood so I'm blasting through everything. I'll add Malenia offhand when I get it.

About 20 hours on the clock, almost 50% trophies. I'm near the end of the game with necessary quests done so I'll be able to blaze through a bunch of trophies at once now. Instead of doing everything like I did the first time, I'm just going for the plat as quick as I can. This game is the best thing ever, like 11/10, on the first go, but I've found it to be a more normal 8.5/10 type experience on successive runs when I'm playing it more like a normal game and actually trying to get to the end. I've gotten more frustrated on a few fights in this run since I don't have a shield or spells to hide behind.

Next thing I have to do is Godskin Duo. Probably gonna wrap up all of the non-endgame trophies before I continue.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Really struggled with the Valiant Gargoyles on my bow build. Finally got them though. First boss I have had real trouble with.

Surprisingly, gargoyles weren't too bad on this latest run. I've felt "under leveled" for every fight unlike the first time when it was the other way around. Leaned a LOT on Blood Blade (and now RoB) to get bosses down. I never level grinded this time around.

I think I might need to do some level grinding for the last few bosses. I'm like level 80 at the door to Godskin Duo. Hoping I get a bunch more levels just from doing the trophy requirements and Haligtree (I think Malenia will be easier than any of the final bosses, with this setup). Any suggestions for level grinding in the endgame? The bow / cliff trick doesn't work so I'm beating up the enemies on that ramp, one at a time. Will take about 20 of them for every level, which isn't terrible, but not great either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Surprisingly, gargoyles weren't too bad on this latest run. I've felt "under leveled" for every fight unlike the first time when it was the other way around. Leaned a LOT on Blood Blade (and now RoB) to get bosses down. I never level grinded this time around.

I think I might need to do some level grinding for the last few bosses. I'm like level 80 at the door to Godskin Duo. Hoping I get a bunch more levels just from doing the trophy requirements and Haligtree (I think Malenia will be easier than any of the final bosses, with this setup). Any suggestions for level grinding in the endgame? The bow / cliff trick doesn't work so I'm beating up the enemies on that ramp, one at a time. Will take about 20 of them for every level, which isn't terrible, but not great either.
I didn't do any grinding if it wasnt for archery supplies. So cannot help much there. I find the giants and trolls to be easiest for runes though.

Also bleed is really good against bosses as it takes a fixed portion of their health. Its really powerful.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, that fight took me eight or nine tries. I'm sure it was my build(and being bad) but the summons were just obnoxious, and the stupid laser blast spell didn't help.

I guess when I beat her I didn't have any major league powerful summons either, and I think I was still using the three wolves.

All in all I think it's a very accurate video. 😉

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is weird. In the PS4 playthrough I'm finding that there's basically NO multiplayer going on. When I use the summon-displaying item, nothing ever shows up. When I use the items to get summoned into someone else's game, either I don't get summoned at all, or it takes like 15 minutes and then I end up paired with someone who is abysmally bad. So multiplayer has been a complete dud for me in this run.

It's weird 'cause on the PS5 version I saw a zillion summon signs and got summoned regularly. It was also when the game was newer, but still, it's a damn ghost town over here.

50% trophies, 28 hours on the clock, all that's left is Malenia/Godskin Duo/last four bosses and the legendary weapon/spell/talisman trophies.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yup like I told people relentlessly, get your pvp time in now cuz it is gonna be super gone

And here we are, I have zero regrets

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yup like I told people relentlessly, get your pvp time in now cuz it is gonna be super gone

And here we are, I have zero regrets

I definitely miss the launch multiplayer.

I can't believe how bad some of these players are, the rare times I do get paired with anybody. Have seen people run right into chariots and other room traps, run into Commander Niall's room while the other person and I are still engaged fighting mobs two rooms back and immediately die to the boss solo, fall off cliffs... the latest guy was fighting the Godskins back-to-back at the snowfield cave, and for the entire fight he just snuck around the edge of the room while I did all the fighting, occasionally lobbing a spell that usually missed. Eventually I got in trouble and the guy kept running around on the outside and I was like "fuckin' do SOMETHING" and then I lost the fight. I don't know how a lot of these people got anywhere near the lategame areas they're summoning me to.

What would be my best bet for the last few bosses? Rivers of Blood + Malenia, or 2x Occult Uchis?

I've been leaning a lot on RoB's L2 special for the lategame bosses since I have medium dex and decent arcane. So I'm inclined to stick with that and just add Malenia offhand. However I hear 2x Occult Uchis + Seppuku destroys things and it'd be something I haven't done before.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m really fucking confused why with spirit ashes why you’d ever need to call a summons. Even in later game areas where they can’t necessarily survive the whole fight, they more than give enough aggro and dps for you to break bosses.

This is my first from game, but the game isn’t hard like a cup head. I can’t do ball busting platformers/side scroll shooters. It’s hard in that you have to actually think about what is best to do in a situation and learn patterns. Even your own move set if you change weps are going to mess with your approach. I loved RoB but I ended up going back to power stance because I preferred easier staggers.

I feel those people probably got fucked by Zelda BotW too.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m really fucking confused why with spirit ashes why you’d ever need to call a summons. Even in later game areas where they can’t necessarily survive the whole fight, they more than give enough aggro and dps for you to break bosses.

This is my first from game, but the game isn’t hard like a cup head. I can’t do ball busting platformers/side scroll shooters. It’s hard in that you have to actually think about what is best to do in a situation and learn patterns. Even your own move set if you change weps are going to mess with your approach. I loved RoB but I ended up going back to power stance because I preferred easier staggers.

I feel those people probably got fucked by Zelda BotW too.

I still haven't beaten Cuphead. Every few months I might fire it up for a few minutes and then nope out. I think I have something like 4-5 fights left in the game. My best shot at actually beating the game was probably back when I actually played the rest and was super-familiar with the nuances of it.

Today's my "finish Elden Ring" day, not sure if I'll actually get it done once and for all but we'll see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya welcome to flame grant me strength and giants flame take thee.

Those lob spells are insane when u get good at no scoping with them.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I still haven't beaten Cuphead. Every few months I might fire it up for a few minutes and then nope out. I think I have something like 4-5 fights left in the game. My best shot at actually beating the game was probably back when I actually played the rest and was super-familiar with the nuances of it.

Today's my "finish Elden Ring" day, not sure if I'll actually get it done once and for all but we'll see.

::Morgan Freeman voiceover:: He did not finish Elden Ring that day.

I'm super close though, those few final battles and a few collection items are all that's left. 32 hours and I'm sure I'll be done by 40, to add onto my 135 hours in NG/NG+ doing the first plat. Once I finish this second plat I think I'll have completely tapped out everything from this game until DLC happens.

Also I found a boss that I never fought before, Death Rite Bird. That thing was horrible. Was merciful that I missed it the first two go-arounds.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220704_220355.jpg

Finally done with Elden Ring.

Least until DLC comes out. Second platinum took 35 hrs and flew by compared to the first.

I'm glad it's done, but also, I'll miss this game. Feels like I got the most I could out of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what you are saying about the population on PS4. Wife and I were co-oping the snow area most of the day and got invaded by gankers constantly. Pretty much all cookie cutter builds, too. Dual Caimen Spears seems to be the new gank flavor of the week.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I finally did haligtree. I don’t know what you people are talking about. Shit wasn’t too bad. Popped on the black knife armor and Loretta’s Greatbow is your uncle. 😂 For record, this character is lvl 150 though and is power stancing helpen’s steeple with DMGS.

yeah I’m sure this place is fucking aids as a pure melee. What was up with that fat fuck before the first grace? I don’t think you could target him and it was bubbles of death.

• 1Like