Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Twin Gargoyles down last night. Took about 5 attempts but was surprised at how forgiving it was.

Granted, that was off the back of being beaten to a pulp repeatedly off Astel.

*edit* Respecced, slotted in Comet Azure, RIP Astel.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what you are saying about the population on PS4. Wife and I were co-oping the snow area most of the day and got invaded by gankers constantly. Pretty much all cookie cutter builds, too. Dual Caimen Spears seems to be the new gank flavor of the week.

I think there is something wrong with my game or connection, TBH. Cause I saw almost nobody throughout the PS4 playthrough. The only boss with more than 0 summon signs at the door was Malenia, which had a consistent 3-4.

I'd put summon signs down, use the summon pool item, and nothing. Only got summoned a few times in the whole game, usually by people who promptly died. Also had the blue ring activated for the entire game and never got summoned to help anybody who was getting ganked. In the PS5 version I was getting summoned pretty regularly. Whole thing was weird.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think there is something wrong with my game or connection, TBH. Cause I saw almost nobody throughout the PS4 playthrough. The only boss with more than 0 summon signs at the door was Malenia, which had a consistent 3-4.

I'd put summon signs down, use the summon pool item, and nothing. Only got summoned a few times in the whole game, usually by people who promptly died. Also had the blue ring activated for the entire game and never got summoned to help anybody who was getting ganked. In the PS5 version I was getting summoned pretty regularly. Whole thing was weird.
This might be stupid but do you have a password in your co-op or something?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This might be stupid but do you have a password in your co-op or something?

Nope, it's just that empty.

Switched over to Demon's Souls Remake and kept getting invaded by the same person in 1-1 over and over again. At least there was an actual sign of life in that one. The guy was probably sitting around waiting for hours for someone else to actually log on to ambush.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’d play co-op with a good friend, but I think years of MMOs followed by about 4 straight years of PoE leagues have soured me for a bit with playing against/with people. Odd because I’ve been desiring to get back to FF14. But that’s mostly single player and thr community polices itself into faux-niceness.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally beat this over the weekend... 90 hours, level 160. Elden Beast fucking sucked, took me 3-4 hours of grinding. Here is the sliver of health and 1 potion I had left when I finally beat it.

1657198854262.png

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

spronk

FPS noob
neat, the guy who solos ER bosses for people got awesome gifts from From

FXAffBNXoAM3kxK

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Katanas are very absurdly strong in this game.... until the last fight. Holy is in the same boat with the last two fights. The real ball busting on that last battle is that what tends to be strong against Radagan typically ends up being weak against EB. When I did that fight with my DMGS build, Radagan pushed my shit in a lot, but once I got to EB the MLGS shot was enough to one shot him. Conversely, my Mage could smoke Radagan consistently but struggled to get into range with EB to cast on it without getting perpetually raped by the sword shot.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Elden Beast sucked. I don't know why people say he was one of the easier bosses, as it took me almost a week to beat him. Fucker kept swimming away from me and I wound up having to run halfway across the world to get to him, only to get 2 or 3 hits in before he swam away again. Add to that the absurd amount of ranged attacks he had, and the entire ordeal was just a giant pain in the ass. I actually thought Radagan was fairly easy. I would say EB was the third hardest boss, only behind Fire Giant and Melania. Godskin Duo was up there for me as well, until I used Sword of Trina to put the one to sleep. After that, they were easy. I know some people struggled with Maliketh, but I got her down on my fourth or fifth try. I got lucky and avoided some of her attacks and Rivers of Blood really sapped her health.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Elden Beast sucked. I don't know why people say he was one of the easier bosses, as it took me almost a week to beat him. Fucker kept swimming away from me and I wound up having to run halfway across the world to get to him, only to get 2 or 3 hits in before he swam away again. Add to that the absurd amount of ranged attacks he had, and the entire ordeal was just a giant pain in the ass. I actually thought Radagan was fairly easy. I would say EB was the third hardest boss, only behind Fire Giant and Melania. Godskin Duo was up there for me as well, until I used Sword of Trina to put the one to sleep. After that, they were easy. I know some people struggled with Maliketh, but I got her down on my fourth or fifth try. I got lucky and avoided some of her attacks and Rivers of Blood really sapped her health.
I inadvertently cheesed godskin duo. Fatty did his roll attack and got stuck in a pillar and I just used transient moonlight on him until he died.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I inadvertently cheesed godskin duo. Fatty did his roll attack and got stuck in a pillar and I just used transient moonlight on him until he died.

No such thing as cheese in From games! It wasn't a glitch, so it's legit!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought beast was easy on all my runs tbh, including dagger no summon run. Yes it runs away all the time, but it also gives you massive openings when it does another move(fire breathing especially, but the "melee" attacks too) and the ranged attacks are mostly low chip dmg kind of stuff that aren't all that bad. As long as you avoid the ring attack properly it felt like really easy to beat for every char I've played(it was especially easy with 2h sword because the poise break lasts like 3hours on it, you can get a lot of hits in and then still do the critical attack before it gets up). Best way to deal with the running around is having stamina regen(turtle neck or the talisman) and/or using the crouch trick where you regain stamina with minimal speed loss if you crouch then cancel right away while sprinting.

On top of that, it's one of the easiest boss to cheese because it's so big. Several spells and some weapons/skills will wipe it in seconds because of that. It dies in a few casts to stuff like Pestilence Threads or the Bubble Horns skill for example.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Malenia dead. Fuck this cunt. Never coming back here. Took me about 3 hours. Finally gave in and swapped from powerstance back to RoB and summoned black knife bitch. Dead in 2-3 pulls. Still. Didn’t have to summon someone in. And even then I bet I fucked up waterfowl dance and the initial scarlet aeonia a lot. Even on the death pull I still got lucky on the initial scarlet shit just not outright killing me. I dodged back then ran back the tried to dodge as she hit me but I usually got gutted. Regardless.

Ive got the demon souls remake here but I gotta admit I don’t have the fucking patience for these games. I want a happy medium between Ubisoft amusement parks and From nut busters. Like can you just thump my left testicle a couple times? You don’t have to squeeze.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Malenia dead. Fuck this cunt. Never coming back here. Took me about 3 hours. Finally gave in and swapped from powerstance back to RoB and summoned black knife bitch. Dead in 2-3 pulls. Still. Didn’t have to summon someone in. And even then I bet I fucked up waterfowl dance and the initial scarlet aeonia a lot. Even on the death pull I still got lucky on the initial scarlet shit just not outright killing me. I dodged back then ran back the tried to dodge as she hit me but I usually got gutted. Regardless.

Ive got the demon souls remake here but I gotta admit I don’t have the fucking patience for these games. I want a happy medium between Ubisoft amusement parks and From nut busters. Like can you just thump my left testicle a couple times? You don’t have to squeeze.

God of War and its sequel later this year. First is fantastic, sequel should be just as good.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

You mean Malenia on the last one? RoB totally wastes her, for sure.

I never used the Sleep status in this game, kind of curious as to how well it works.

I had trouble with exactly 3 fights on each of my 3 playthroughs...but different ones every time:

1st Run (PS5 NG)
3. Radahn
2. Malenia
1. Fire Giant

^These 3 fights took me several hours each. Radahn was a matter of being super-patient, Malenia was fine once I discovered RoB attacks. Fire Giant was just rough AF and there was no way around the fight. Easily my biggest challenge on the first run.

2nd Run (PS5 NG+)
3+2. The two Mohgs
1. Elden Beast

^All of the fights I previously struggled with were fine on NG+. However this time I had a lot of trouble with the Mohgs, out of nowhere. Especially the underworld one once he went to the winged form. Elden Beast was also WAY harder than it was in NG for some reason. I think I just got lucky in NG when I dispatched it in a couple tries, because in NG+ I was at that fight for like an hour and got pretty sick of beating Radagon.

3rd Run (PS4 NG)
3. Black Knife Ringleader Alecto
2. Death Rite Bird
1. Elden Beast

^And this time the Mohgs were no problem, but EB was still a total chode. BKRA was a real lategame problem. Needed that win for a trophy, couldn't gimp it, kept getting obliterated by him. Death Rite Bird was freaking ridiculous, and a fight that I missed the first two times so I had to do it.

After all 3 playthroughs I can safely say that Elden Beast is probably the worst boss overall. There are a bunch of other problem fights (Valiant Gargoyles, Commander Niall, and Hoarah Loux get honorable mentions) depending on your build. However EB is consistently nasty.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Demon Souls Remake is probably the easiest version of any of the seven modern From games besides Elden Ring, and I'd say it's easier than ER. It's also the shortest of the bunch...I think. It's worth a run. Probably the most gorgeous-looking video game I've ever played.

Couple things to keep in mind:

-Get the Cling Ring in the first level and keep it on, like, all the time.

-Every time you defeat a boss and get your life meter expanded, DO NOT continue the game. Go back to Nexus and kill yourself to put you back into the nerfed state. You have to play the whole game in the nerfed state (which the Cling Ring mitigates). Dying in stages in un-nerfed form will gradually make those stages tougher, and some (World 4 comes to mind) get almost impossible. So long story short, just suicide in Nexus after every boss so that you're in nerfed state during the actual levels, and they'll stay at base difficulty.

-The game has a stage select of sorts and you can bounce around between levels, not unlike in ER when you can try a different area if you fail at one area. Staying in one area, it'll get tougher as you go (each world has two stages, then a boss stage). So for the easiest route, do all of the Stage 1's first, then all the Stage 2's, then all the bosses.

Difficulty-wise I'd rank them: Demon Remake > Elden Ring >>> Dark 1 > Demon PS3 > Dark 3 > Bloodborne >> Dark 2 >> Sekiro. That's me though, and I'm probably wrong on Dark 3 because I haven't played much of it or Sekiro yet.

In any case, since you've got it, play Demon Remake and marvel at how good it looks. The rest of the From gang are way above that one in difficulty so I wouldn't begrudge someone for moving on at that point.

• 1Like