Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought you didn’t play Dark 3 yet? How you ranking it already bro?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ranking Demons over DS3 or Bloodborne is just silliness

Under. Also it wasn't a ranking, it was a difficulty list. It was also ascending order so I actually had Demons at the bottom of the list. I guess how I did it looks kind of confusing. Demons Remake is the easiest, Sekiro is the hardest, least for me.

I thought you didn’t play Dark 3 yet? How you ranking it already bro?

I've played the first few hours or so now and it strikes me as very similar to Bloodborne's general difficulty, just a notch below it. I've heard it's one of the easier ones, but also that it has some of the baddest optional bosses in the whole From series.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God of War and its sequel later this year. First is fantastic, sequel should be just as good.
Also sitting next to my copy of Demon’s Souls. I got it as a gift right before I swapped out my ps4 for a ps5.

Rajaah Rajaah twisting my arm. I’ll give them both a run.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really wish I could zoom out on half of these fights.

Take Rykard, I'm literally staring at one piece of gnarly flesh and smashing it for the entirety of the fight while all kinds of shit is going on off-screen. It seems pointless introducing a bunch of mechanics I generally end up eating just because I miss half of the telescoped actions.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really wish I could zoom out on half of these fights.

Take Rykard, I'm literally staring at one piece of gnarly flesh and smashing it for the entirety of the fight while all kinds of shit is going on off-screen. It seems pointless introducing a bunch of mechanics I generally end up eating just because I miss half of the telescoped actions.
That’s a shame too on Rykard. The vortex/skull thing he does is one of the craziest looking parts in the game. I was so busy staring at it the first time it happened the skulls just pushed my shit in while I stood there.

3:55

I felt the way you did on the fire giant fight. I was standing there smacking his foot and knew he was doing some shit that probably looked cool but I couldn’t see it, I was just attached to his foot hacking away.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fire Giant is way more interesting in multiplayer, for the guy playing ranged at least. A lot of fights in this game suffer from that issue, which is odd because even fights like the Dragon Rider in DS3 were not that annoying with the camera. I swear that the devs must not have played melee much in playtesting, because the camera whiplash from locking on to large enemy heads is beyond ridiculous.

On the note of mobs that gave people issues:
Melenia was rough both plays but much easier as a wizard when I used the right summon. I basically used the archer bitch and ran for my life the entire fight. Melee was rough as hell until I got back to my Demons Souls roots and swapped in shield and spear. Overall, I think this fight is kind of stupid because only specific builds have a real chance to solo her and most summons are garbage here. Her moves are not the issue, its the healing when even blocked and her ridiculous aggressiveness. I view her in the same light as Midir, a boss thats really meant to be co-oped for most people.

Godskin Duo was a huge cockblock for my melee MLGS build, but my wizard one shotted them using the cannon spell to double up AE while Tiche went around pissing them off. I do think that fight is retarded on many levels, but mostly due to it being lazy design in recycling bosses you have fought twice before each. I feel like they were attempting to pay homage to Ornstein and Smaugh, but it just fell flat on every level.

Radagan/EB was different. First time, Radagan was a huge pain in the ass due to the slower attack speed of DMGS and my reliance on timed attacks, but once I got to EB it was over in one because MLGS ripped him up. Wizard had the reverse experience. That whole end fight needs a redesign.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Godskin duo is pretty easy when you realize you can put them to sleep.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fire Giant is way more interesting in multiplayer, for the guy playing ranged at least. A lot of fights in this game suffer from that issue, which is odd because even fights like the Dragon Rider in DS3 were not that annoying with the camera. I swear that the devs must not have played melee much in playtesting, because the camera whiplash from locking on to large enemy heads is beyond ridiculous.

On the note of mobs that gave people issues:
Melenia was rough both plays but much easier as a wizard when I used the right summon. I basically used the archer bitch and ran for my life the entire fight. Melee was rough as hell until I got back to my Demons Souls roots and swapped in shield and spear. Overall, I think this fight is kind of stupid because only specific builds have a real chance to solo her and most summons are garbage here. Her moves are not the issue, its the healing when even blocked and her ridiculous aggressiveness. I view her in the same light as Midir, a boss thats really meant to be co-oped for most people.

Godskin Duo was a huge cockblock for my melee MLGS build, but my wizard one shotted them using the cannon spell to double up AE while Tiche went around pissing them off. I do think that fight is retarded on many levels, but mostly due to it being lazy design in recycling bosses you have fought twice before each. I feel like they were attempting to pay homage to Ornstein and Smaugh, but it just fell flat on every level.

Radagan/EB was different. First time, Radagan was a huge pain in the ass due to the slower attack speed of DMGS and my reliance on timed attacks, but once I got to EB it was over in one because MLGS ripped him up. Wizard had the reverse experience. That whole end fight needs a redesign.
Melenia would be an amazing fight if they just toned down or remove waterfowl all together. I just beat her going full shield/spear using mohg spear and fingerprint shield

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Melenia would be an amazing fight if they just toned down or remove waterfowl all together. I just beat her going full shield/spear using mohg spear and fingerprint shield

But Waterfowl is basically the signature that makes her so badass. Honestly I think a better change would be a *very slight* change to the leech amount. A small change would go a very long way on that.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Waterfowl would be perfect if they added another 1-2 seconds to the windup.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wish there was a mode to play bosses over again with no loot immediately. I baseically got lucky that I only had to dodge one waterfowl on my kill and it wasn’t clean. Tiche ate the other. I handled her clone attack mostly ok. I’d like to fight her again right now. But I admit I went heavy into relying on staggering her.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1657291985877.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That’s a shame too on Rykard. The vortex/skull thing he does is one of the craziest looking parts in the game. I was so busy staring at it the first time it happened the skulls just pushed my shit in while I stood there.

3:55

I felt the way you did on the fire giant fight. I was standing there smacking his foot and knew he was doing some shit that probably looked cool but I couldn’t see it, I was just attached to his foot hacking away.

So is there a reason why people just don't use the spear you get when entering the boss fight? This fight took me about 30 seconds.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So is there a reason why people just don't use the spear you get when entering the boss fight? This fight took me about 30 seconds.
He is using it. I’m guessing he just didn’t upgrade it at all so it takes forever.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He is using it. I’m guessing he just didn’t upgrade it at all so it takes forever.
Well they're also playing pretty passively/safe, I don't upgrade it usually and it still goes a bunch faster if you just mash because of the staggers.

• 1Like