<Bronze Donator>
God of War is newer though.
1669555119444.png

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Rumor is the DLC is gonna be announced on Dec 8th with a release date in late January (or maybe they'll put it in February to coincide with the original release date).

Whether that's the case or not... what should I do for the DLC?

1. Use my current file that is level 260 and on NG+++

2. Start a new game entirely and go to it at an appropriate level in NG

In my experience with other From games, the DLCs tend to be super hard after a few NG cycles, even with the levels. So I'd probably have an easier time with it at, say, level 100 in NG than I would at 260 in NG+++. That'd require some work and a replay though. What would you do?

Depends on the type of DLC. It's an open world game, so a DLC this time around could be more than just an added zone to explore. If it is just that, then using a current run wouldn't be an issue (other than difficulty which you mentioned), but it's also possible in the format they have now to expand on the over/under world as a whole. So while there will undoubtedly be new zones, it could be that they are sprinkled around the world much like the underworld passages. Seamlessly adding in the expansion to the base game instead of just being the usual "use X item here and be transported to an entirely separate place".

I think that would be a much better expansion. New quests, NPCs, zones and mobs added over the map, perhaps even with a new ending. That kind of expansion/DLC would make me want to do a new run to find things as I go along.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor is the DLC is gonna be announced on Dec 8th with a release date in late January (or maybe they'll put it in February to coincide with the original release date).

Whether that's the case or not... what should I do for the DLC?

1. Use my current file that is level 260 and on NG+++

2. Start a new game entirely and go to it at an appropriate level in NG

In my experience with other From games, the DLCs tend to be super hard after a few NG cycles, even with the levels. So I'd probably have an easier time with it at, say, level 100 in NG than I would at 260 in NG+++. That'd require some work and a replay though. What would you do?
You should buy it on a brand new system and plat it again before starting the DLC.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Depends on the type of DLC. It's an open world game, so a DLC this time around could be more than just an added zone to explore. If it is just that, then using a current run wouldn't be an issue (other than difficulty which you mentioned), but it's also possible in the format they have now to expand on the over/under world as a whole. So while there will undoubtedly be new zones, it could be that they are sprinkled around the world much like the underworld passages. Seamlessly adding in the expansion to the base game instead of just being the usual "use X item here and be transported to an entirely separate place".

I think that would be a much better expansion. New quests, NPCs, zones and mobs added over the map, perhaps even with a new ending. That kind of expansion/DLC would make me want to do a new run to find things as I go along.

I feel like the "use X item and be transported to DLC" theme was already used in Elden Ring with the Consecrated Snowfields / Haligtree. IMO that might as well have been the first DLC and they just threw it in at launch because it was done.

Game would have been interesting without Malenia in it. Maliketh would have won all the "toughest boss" rankings, we wouldn't have the total meme-ology of Malenia destroying people, and the game would probably have a slightly different rep.

So bearing in mind that the Malenia part of the game is basically DLC 1, I think this next one is gonna have:

-A new overland zone
-A bunch of dungeons
-One major legacy dungeon
-Those 3 PVP arenas

I'm really curious to see where the new overland zone fits on the map. Probably under one of the cloud-covered areas of the map.

The PVP arenas might be a good reason to start over and do NG with lower levels, because at 260 on NG+++ I might not even be able to participate in them.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You should buy it on a brand new system and plat it again before starting the DLC.

I regret absolutely nothing.

I wish there were a PS3 version I could buy and plat it a third time!

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I still think the ER DLCs are gonna be Godwin and Miquella, one in each.

Godwin is probably gonna be in the Badlands DLC, if it pans out. I bet it's at the center of the overworld, between the 3 arenas.

Miquella's DLC might be inside of Miquella's Dream and thus off the map.

Lot of rumors there'll be time travel involved, that could be interesting. Godwin seems kind of dead in the present, so going back in time to fight him makes sense. And Miquella is also dead-ish in the present, but again, dream world. It'd be easy enough to revive both of them anyway.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This guy completed ER killing all the bosses without ever getting hit once. And it's not that he just was able to kill them eventually no hit, but he did the entire game in one run with all bosses never getting hit by a single boss, damage dealing trap, or random mob. It's absolute insanity. The entire stream is below so you can see for yourself.

This complete psychopath also did a punch only run. Due to the way unarmed fist damage works, there's basically no scaling. Fire giant took him five hours on his successful attempt. The entire run (just Remembrances, I believe), was 58 hours. It's hard to fathom the autism this dude has.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This guy completed ER killing all the bosses without ever getting hit once. And it's not that he just was able to kill them eventually no hit, but he did the entire game in one run with all bosses never getting hit by a single boss, damage dealing trap, or random mob. It's absolute insanity. The entire stream is below so you can see for yourself.

This complete psychopath also did a punch only run. Due to the way unarmed fist damage works, there's basically no scaling. Fire giant took him five hours on his successful attempt. The entire run (just Remembrances, I believe), was 58 hours. It's hard to fathom the autism this dude has.

That’s nuts, but I expected it. They’ve done no hit runs on every previous game. I hope Miyazaki sees it and responds to that old tweet.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That’s nuts, but I expected it. They’ve done no hit runs on every previous game. I hope Miyazaki sees it and responds to that old tweet.
Pretty sure the tweet is fake for a funny thumbnail. 420.69k likes :p

• 1Worf

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I remember there was a guy who did a successful no-hit run of Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, and Bloodborne consecutively. If he got hit in any game, he restarted from the first game in the series. Insanity.

• 1Mother of God

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I remember there was a guy who did a successful no-hit run of Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, and Bloodborne consecutively. If he got hit in any game, he restarted from the first game in the series. Insanity.

I watched some of that live, attempt like 200 he got one shot by the last boss and DS3 and said to the chat that he isn’t going to try anymore. Same dude I assume because who else would do that.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I watched some of that live, attempt like 200 he got one shot by the last boss and DS3 and said to the chat that he isn’t going to try anymore. Same dude I assume because who else would do that.
That dude just did demons souls, ds1-3, bloodborne, sekiro, and elden ring back to back in one sitting, no hits, a couple weeks ago. Fuckin psychos.

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
That dude just did demons souls, ds1-3, bloodborne, sekiro, and elden ring back to back in one sitting, no hits, a couple weeks ago. Fuckin psychos.

Not the same guy I think. The OG one was Happyhob. He was the first to do the entire series (except Elden ring). He got carpal tunnel a while back and while healing/resting his hands, he practised no hit runs of Elden Ring for training using his toes. He isn't normal. In the video you linked he says "what is happening" and Happyhob is the one saying that he has brought great honor to the no hit community.