Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I asked this before as a hypothetical for the DLC expansion (BOTB or whatever it ends up being), but now that we have an actual addition to the game I can ask again.

What kind of level should I be to get the most out of the arenas?

My save file is still sitting here at NG+++ and level 265, near the beginning of the game. Should I play through this file to get to all 3 arenas and use this character, or would I be better off doing an NG and getting to a more appropriate level like say 110 or whatever?

I imagine at 265 it'll only match me up with that whale guy from South Park with the carpal tunnel bracer on.

Probs around 150.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'd say this arena content will be..... downloadable

/shades

Yyyyeaaaaahhhhh!!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I asked this before as a hypothetical for the DLC expansion (BOTB or whatever it ends up being), but now that we have an actual addition to the game I can ask again.

What kind of level should I be to get the most out of the arenas?

My save file is still sitting here at NG+++ and level 265, near the beginning of the game. Should I play through this file to get to all 3 arenas and use this character, or would I be better off doing an NG and getting to a more appropriate level like say 110 or whatever?

I imagine at 265 it'll only match me up with that whale guy from South Park with the carpal tunnel bracer on.

Don't see how it would matter either way

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, yeah...that section where everyone disappears at Round Table? Man I felt some sadness. Like the type you feel at the end of an expansion pack when you know you're probably not coming back here again and you've had a great time with your guild but some have used that point as a time to quit and move on. I'm not crying.

You know a game is good when it makes you feel that.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ignored so many of the spells in the game on my initial playthroughs and now I'm biding time messing around till DLC lands I find some of that stuff is just broken.

Ancient Death Rancor just feels like cheat mode on most content.

It's like a spammable Poise-breaking homing missile!

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I ignored so many of the spells in the game on my initial playthroughs and now I'm biding time messing around till DLC lands I find some of that stuff is just broken.

Ancient Death Rancor just feels like cheat mode on most content.

It's like a spammable Poise-breaking homing missile!
That spell is great. I combined that with a few different melee weps and it felt ungodly.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, yeah...that section where everyone disappears at Round Table? Man I felt some sadness. Like the type you feel at the end of an expansion pack when you know you're probably not coming back here again and you've had a great time with your guild but some have used that point as a time to quit and move on. I'm not crying.

You know a game is good when it makes you feel that.

Yeah I also felt things at that last part. For me it was more about groups of friends hanging out and then the era comes to an end, whether it's school friends all graduating, or grown-up friends all getting families and kids one by one and sort of sodding off. I've had a few groups like that where people just faded away one by one. Then you have this moment where you look around and realize a particular time is over, you're the only one still trying to keep it going. That's hard.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For all the talk of how obtuse FROM quests and NPCs can be, you actually had some decent and engaging stories with a number of them in this game. By the end, all that are left are the spirit tuner, maybe Ranni, and the blacksmith who loses his marbles. Very depressing when you actually think about it. This is especially true as the NPCs were often more likeable this time around (Rogier, Millicent, and albernac archer lady for sure) instead of generally being something twisted. Pretty good story building in there if you go looking for it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For all the talk of how obtuse FROM quests and NPCs can be, you actually had some decent and engaging stories with a number of them in this game. By the end, all that are left are the spirit tuner, maybe Ranni, and the blacksmith who loses his marbles. Very depressing when you actually think about it. This is especially true as the NPCs were often more likeable this time around (Rogier, Millicent, and albernac archer lady for sure) instead of generally being something twisted. Pretty good story building in there if you go looking for it.

How could you forget Alexander? This post is a total crock

• 2Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I also felt things at that last part. For me it was more about groups of friends hanging out and then the era comes to an end, whether it's school friends all graduating, or grown-up friends all getting families and kids one by one and sort of sodding off. I've had a few groups like that where people just faded away one by one. Then you have this moment where you look around and realize a particular time is over, you're the only one still trying to keep it going. That's hard.

That's weird. Almost everyone there tries to kill you at some point. Fuck those people

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Very depressing when you actually think about it.
That’s like every From quest. Someone dies, or is deprived of something, or is completely alone, or becomes an insane ball of heads, etc. Nearly every quest is a tragedy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
OH SHIT! REMEMBER GURRUUUUU

Funny that they fixed Vyke's weapon art in the very last fight and he still lost. Every previous fight he'd just be jumping and doing a normal attack with no additional madness flames and it was actually garbage but he still won these fights and there with both the weapon art fixed and madness actually procing he lost.

Out of the two, I definitely found Vyke to be more annoying though. I've had to redo the fight a few times on every char. Meanwhile Juno was a one shot on every run I think.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny that they fixed Vyke's weapon art in the very last fight and he still lost. Every previous fight he'd just be jumping and doing a normal attack with no additional madness flames and it was actually garbage but he still won these fights and there with both the weapon art fixed and madness actually procing he lost.

Out of the two, I definitely found Vyke to be more annoying though. I've had to redo the fight a few times on every char. Meanwhile Juno was a one shot on every run I think.

I feel like I need to try a whip build considering how messed up I get by whip users in the game if I try and go toe-to-toe with them.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That’s like every From quest. Someone dies, or is deprived of something, or is completely alone, or becomes an insane ball of heads, etc. Nearly every quest is a tragedy.

Personally I welcome our new insane head-ball masters.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel like I need to try a whip build considering how messed up I get by whip users in the game if I try and go toe-to-toe with them.
Whips are pretty cool but the reason I didn't use them is because the jump attack looked a lot better than everything else, and it felt weird to just do jump attacks. I honestly wouldn't mind if they nerfed every jump attack in the game by like 30% or whatever, the fact you can attack while moving(even if not that much) is already a huge advantage, plus the animations often being shorter than other stuff for slower weapons(crouch attacks excluded). I mean it's just another part of the moveset but I find it "weird" to be doing jump attacks constantly.

That said for the DLC releases, seeing as I've already played most stuff I wanted to play anyway, it's likely gonna be whips or fists, and since fists look like challenge mode shit with the garbo range probably gonna be using whips.

• 1Like