Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The rumor is that Elden Ring has 10+ DLCs on the way (or updates, if you prefer...I'm guessing some of them will be full-featured expansion pack type paid DLCs and I hope one of those is out soon.

The arena update was "DLC 01" internally at From, and the extra digit there indicates that they plan more than 10.

Rumor is DLC 02 will be a boss rush mode that lets you set the parameters / choose boss fights and go through a bunch of them in a chain.

I could see this game getting major updates 2-3 times a year for the next four years or so. I wasn't sure how I felt about games getting continually updated like this, but lately I'm starting to like it. Dragonball Z Kakarot just got its fourth paid DLC and they announced a 5th and 6th on the way over the next year-ish. And the DLCs for that (well, 3 out of 4 of them) have been pretty high quality for the price. AEW Fight Forever is going to have a DLC update model instead of sequels like the WWE '22 series. Seems like this is becoming more and more the norm and I'm not against it. Would have been awesome if we'd had things like this when I was a kid, like if Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid kept getting updates or tweaks. Imagine A Link to the Past getting a new dungeon/overworld area added to it like two years later or something.
I just want a legit co-op mode like the pc mod does. Allow horses, no invasions, no restrictions on anything, just boost mob damage by 25-50% and health 75% per player and go.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just want a legit co-op mode like the pc mod does. Allow horses, no invasions, no restrictions on anything, just boost mob damage by 25-50% and health 75% per player and go.

Yeah that would be ideal. Let people basically raid the game and adjust enemy stats upward proportionally. Just being able to play co-op with a second player without having to deal with invasions (especially if it's couch co-op) would be such a massive addition.

In other news, has anyone checked out the Bloodborne PS1 demake? I thought it just went to Father Gascoigne, but I've seen some shots that look like they might be later. Wondering if it's worth the time / how much of the game it covers / if it's still being worked on. Definitely the most interesting demake I've seen, as someone who grew up with the likes of Vagrant Story.

Elden Ring has a Game Boy demake too that I might want to take a look at. I think that one goes up to Godrick. Not sure how much open world it has. I think it uses the Link's Awakening engine but I'm probably wrong.

This video looks at them a bit. 3:25 for the Elden Ring one, 12:00 for the Bloodborne one

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well I bit the bullet and picked this up this week for PC. Only a few hours in but I've died like 10000 times. Did a vagabond build as I'm reading it's best for beginners. This is really addictive in the EQ itch way!
One thing I did do is disable network/anticheat and install game pause. I did this for my marriage. My wife doesn't understand 'I cannot stop in the middle of a game'.

• 8Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well I bit the bullet and picked this up this week for PC. Only a few hours in but I've died like 10000 times. Did a vagabond build as I'm reading it's best for beginners. This is really addictive in the EQ itch way!
One thing I did do is disable network/anticheat and install game pause. I did this for my marriage. My wife doesn't understand 'I cannot stop in the middle of a game'.
Fuckin hell, Ido the opposite. “Sorry honey I can’t drop everything I’m doing right now to hang some picture you’ve had sitting in your room on the floor for five months, this game doesn’t have a pause.”

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Goonsquad Officer
Fuckin hell, Ido the opposite. “Sorry honey I can’t drop everything I’m doing right now to hang some picture you’ve had sitting in your room on the floor for five months, this game doesn’t have a pause.”
Yep. Then you lie and say that about games you can pause

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try being 9 and being called to dinner during the opera scene in final fantasy 6. 30 years later it’s still a family joke.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Try being 9 and being called to dinner during the opera scene in final fantasy 6. 30 years later it’s still a family joke.
yeah unskippable scenes in games, of which FF is one of the worst offenders, do sometimes really suck.

5 hours in, I finally killed that motherfucker tree guardian (dude on the horse) by summoning wolves and attacking on horseback with a halberd. I can see how you can spend 100+ hours in this.

Also , is there a way to get back to the very beginning area? I want to beat up that starting boss that kills you initially (the one that sends you to the cave, didn't catch the mobs name).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah unskippable scenes in games, of which FF is one of the worst offenders, do sometimes really suck.

5 hours in, I finally killed that motherfucker tree guardian (dude on the horse) by summoning wolves and attacking on horseback with a halberd. I can see how you can spend 100+ hours in this.

Also , is there a way to get back to the very beginning area? I want to beat up that starting boss that kills you initially (the one that sends you to the cave, didn't catch the mobs name).

Yes, and when you get there make sure you grab all the butterflies too, easy to miss some, especially at the edge of the cliff.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

O_T

Trakanon Raider
A bit into the game there's a hill with 3 towers with portals in front of them that you can open. One of them takes you back to that area so you can kill it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
A bit into the game there's a hill with 3 towers with portals in front of them that you can open. One of them takes you back to that area so you can kill it.
Awesome thanks. Debated looking it up but don't want to spoil the game , this is a lot of fun. Except for the getting my ass handed to me part , lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
When are we getting a DLC for this thing? Figured it'd be on about the one year anniversary, but...no word yet

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I would love to know what they were smoking to come up with this game. It has to be good stuff! Ran into living pots, huddled around the Kool-Aid man in a castle. Wow

Also, are the Dark Souls games like this? I played Sekiro and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't finish as I got so lost I gave up. I have all 3 DS games but every time I started I didn't know WTF I was doing. I guess I'm asking is there a point where it clicks and I get it?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I would love to know what they were smoking to come up with this game. It has to be good stuff! Ran into living pots, huddled around the Kool-Aid man in a castle. Wow

Also, are the Dark Souls games like this? I played Sekiro and thought it was pretty cool. Didn't finish as I got so lost I gave up. I have all 3 DS games but every time I started I didn't know WTF I was doing. I guess I'm asking is there a point where it clicks and I get it?

DS games are less open-worldy and more hub-like or your typical semi-linear with branch points games, but yes they're very similar. If you're enjoying ER I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy DS1-3, as long as you recognize you're going backwards in time so systems might not be as developed.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'd suggest a guide for Dark Souls 2 - at minimum where to go in what order. That game is really spread out and random.

When I played, I looked at where to go, in what order, and the key items that were in that zone and tried to make sure I got the stuff I wanted before continuing.