Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am doing stuff so out of order... Just now doing an area I think I should have done near the start. Bosses are getting 1 shot with 5 swings.

edit: All the signs were there, mats dropping for +6 stuff and everything 1 shotting me but I fucking kicked that places ass and now we cruising along.

Ha just looked it up that is where I got the +15 weapon mats. Really hope I didn't fuck myself out of NPC progression/story.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Holy shit they have a way to respec in this game!

Also note to self 70 INT is needed for some spells... that is mod levels usually.
mob spoiler, these things are the WORST, was killing them yesterday. Went back today for some mat farming and not as bad but they can still get you.
1645861129400.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Everywhere you turn or go there is always a surprise waiting for you. Spent about 3 to 4 hours playing between a Vagabond and Confessor. I picked those two since they have 100% physical damage deduction with a shield. So I went into a tunnel filled with a pack of wolves and killed them all. I decided to go deeper and ran into a Hogger wanna be and got my ass handed. Jesus I suck at this game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man I know I'm going to be in the very minority but I just can't get into this. Controls feel janky and really not impressed with the graphics. On the upside you can turn those "allow" rules that Elden Ring creates in widows firewall to "deny" and block all the player spam writing everywhere.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy shit do not make the same mistake I did and start with magic unless you wanna get hard stuck at the first big boss and have to go mindless grind a dozen levels to even damage him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuck me in my ass. Fusion Pro 2 controller is fucked - I have to mash the living shit out of "up" on the D-pad to get it to work.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's totally why it broke. Let's see a screencap of the drywall around your TV bro.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
View attachment 400385

If anyone sees this message in the first room, it was I who dropped it. I wonder how many appraisals it's up to now.

What do you get when someone appraises your message? I just got two appraisals while I was posting this and a ton before now.
In the older games it would give you a charge of your healing flask.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Minimal armor now for med load and rolling with a 100 phy block brass shield and weapon. Great against those slicy boss but am feeling like a poor wretch all over again. No resources for vigor and endurance...

I'm at 18 vigor and 10 endurance (wretch), just haven't gotten back to them since I've been pumping Str. I need to start doing endurance soon though, cause it's starting to become a little bit of an issue. I actually might leave HP where it is for a while and just be a glass cannon. I've found that the best way for me to win things in Souls is to just master not getting hit and do as much damage as possible so there are less chances TO get hit. For example, in Souls 1 recently I found that there were some boss fights I lost a few times, then when I won them I'd win without even getting hit. Just a matter of learning how to avoid their attacks.

Just defeated Margit, what a hell of a boss. Took me ten hours and level 28 to be able to win that fight. Didn't summon any help (dunno if it would have even worked out because the few times I did, everyone just got ganked). I also warped to other people's worlds to help with the fight but it'd always end badly with them dying. I think that fight is a real roadblock for a lot of folks.

Also filled in a ton of map, got the Bastard Sword to +4 and made it a Heavy Bastard Sword for more Str scaling, and fought a trophy boss on some island in the middle of nowhere. It's been a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In the older games it would give you a charge of your healing flask.

Huh, that's actually super useful. I haven't planted another note anywhere so I'm still getting lots of appraisals from the n00b room.

A word of advice to anyone who hasn't started already: Golden Seed is probably the best gift at the start, in retrospect. Those estus charges don't grow on trees. I went with the HP ring and while it's marginally good, it gets less and less so as the game goes by, and sooner or later it gets replaced entirely. I'm using the talisman that makes charge attacks stronger now, and it does a TON of damage. That plus the jellyfish poison is how I'm killing bosses.

Also I gotta say this game would be WAY easier on a restart after ten hours of finding out where all kinds of things are. I could save 3000 souls early on by grabbing the greatsword from the camp instead of buying the Bastard Sword which is the same exact weapon just a little worse, etc. I feel like I know enough details to start over and get back to where I am in like 3 hours, if I decided to try a different class like Samurai. 90% chance I'll stick with wretch though.

Anyone know what the NG+ situation is gonna be? TBH this is one From game that I don't think needs a NG+. There's like infinite replayability just finding everything in the world already, and leaving out NG+ would mean it makes sense to start over and try different classes, something I'd like to do. I dunno, YMMV.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I know I'm going to be in the very minority but I just can't get into this. Controls feel janky and really not impressed with the graphics. On the upside you can turn those "allow" rules that Elden Ring creates in widows firewall to "deny" and block all the player spam writing everywhere.
Dude there’s an in game setting to play “offline” that does that.

• 3Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what the NG+ situation is gonna be? TBH this is one From game that I don't think needs a NG+. There's like infinite replayability just finding everything in the world already, and leaving out NG+ would mean it makes sense to start over and try different classes, something I'd like to do. I dunno, YMMV.

They said it's there in it's usual form. More and harder enemies. Might need that if you need 70 int for some spells since the highest int stat when starting is 16 at level 6. You'd be level 60 with 9 vigor if you only did int levels from the start to be able to use it.

Sodapoppin is going all mage though and pumping int. Seems viable. He did a boss early in the scarlet area that I've seen melee builds really struggle on.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's totally why it broke. Let's see a screencap of the drywall around your TV bro.
Lol I knew as soon as I posted it I'd get that reaction.

Thought maybe it was something with my USB, but another controller works fine. It's just the UP button on dpad for some reason. Everything else is smooth as shit. First noticed it when trying to navigate the main screen. Ended up just using it until Amazon's replacement gets here.

Got the cat statue boss down in the catacombs finally. That boss is a PITA with a bandit start. Gotta be right up its puss with dagger. I want to keep playing, but it's 4am and my degen ass should've been in bed 4 hours ago.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I need to find these poison jellyfish. Hopefully they’re not from that damn cat boss thing, I left that for later, wasn’t even getting close on him…

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Minor PC patch this morning. Not much but at least they're pushing some fixes out quickly.

• Start-up issues related to Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) have been improved.
  • Mouse operation improved.
  • Reduced number of files needed to load when entering a new area.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I need to find these poison jellyfish. Hopefully they’re not from that damn cat boss thing, I left that for later, wasn’t even getting close on him…

There’s I guess more than 1, because the cat boss I found first had four demon statue guards and no way was I going to kill that thing at level 1. Haven’t yet found the solo cat.

There are a ton of jellyfish mobs at the end of Morne, or do you mean the summon? I don’t remember where I got it bc it was just a random spot on a map to me at the time.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
The jump button is awesome. The way it has changed level design feels so good. Scaling shit and platforming to get to enemies

Chef Reaction GIF by Coach Josh

• 3Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
1645880779094.png

My map so far. Level 38.... still in Limgrave, haven't even touched Stormveil. There is so much to do. Also Hateyou Hateyou , the Jellyfish are from Rodericka. She gives them to you when you exhausted her dialogue, she is on the path to Stormveil, in a shack with a Site of Grace.