Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
first time GIF

What movie is this from, anyway?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Similar experience here.

Getting a 100% block shield is like priority #1 for anyone who uses a shield at all. The knights in the camp east of the first church, very close to the start of the game, uncommonly drop Brass Shields which is 100% (and looks cool). For the first couple hours before I found that, I was running around with a like, 63% block storebought shield that wasn't cutting it.

Margot is just too nasty in the final phase. Maybe it isn't supposed to be the first big boss. It's very close to the starting point though and it felt like the game steers you in that direction.

The bosses seem to be the highlight but I haven't won any yet, not with my extremely low DPS. Hoping going from Bastard Sword to Bastard Sword +2 and pumping Str/Dex up will make a difference. Also got an Iron Cleaver from the Morne Castle which is a neat one-hander, but I prefer the Bastard Sword for its arc and ability to mow multiple foes at a time.

You can upgrade weapons yeah. Not sure what I did to cause this, but after I rested at the bonfire before Margot a couple times, I got warped to this hub world with a blacksmith. Bring a bunch of shards and go to down.

Oh yeah, I'm trapped in the hub world. How the hell do you leave? Jumping down lands you in a big room that looks like an exit...behind a nasty red phantom sorcerer. I'll try that.

Couple more questions:

Anyone find a place to farm or buy upgrade shards?

And what is a "legacy dungeon"?
I got a bunch of Smithing Shards running around Caelid (zone to the East of Limgrave). Legacy Dungeons are the very large intricately designed dungeons that resemble Fromsoft's level design in previous non open world titles. Also they have all of the key Demigod bosses that are necessary to kill to progress the main story. First one is Stormveil Castle. You don't have to do them in any particular order though. Can always overlevel it and come back later. Agheel was kicking my ass for over an hour. I ran around, leveled a bunch, upgraded from my starting weapon and two shotted him. One dragon down....so many to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Similar experience here.

Getting a 100% block shield is like priority #1 for anyone who uses a shield at all. The knights in the camp east of the first church, very close to the start of the game, uncommonly drop Brass Shields which is 100% (and looks cool). For the first couple hours before I found that, I was running around with a like, 63% block storebought shield that wasn't cutting it.

Margot is just too nasty in the final phase. Maybe it isn't supposed to be the first big boss. It's very close to the starting point though and it felt like the game steers you in that direction.

The bosses seem to be the highlight but I haven't won any yet, not with my extremely low DPS. Hoping going from Bastard Sword to Bastard Sword +2 and pumping Str/Dex up will make a difference. Also got an Iron Cleaver from the Morne Castle which is a neat one-hander, but I prefer the Bastard Sword for its arc and ability to mow multiple foes at a time.

You can upgrade weapons yeah. Not sure what I did to cause this, but after I rested at the bonfire before Margot a couple times, I got warped to this hub world with a blacksmith. Bring a bunch of shards and go to down.

Oh yeah, I'm trapped in the hub world. How the hell do you leave? Jumping down lands you in a big room that looks like an exit...behind a nasty red phantom sorcerer. I'll try that.

Couple more questions:

Anyone find a place to farm or buy upgrade shards?

And what is a "legacy dungeon"?
The hub world exit…just use your map and fast travel out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My little bro who’s really green (never really got into From games) is having a tough time in Stormveil but surprisingly it’s not causing him to rage out. It’s a tough first big area and I imagine tons of plebs will struggle hard. What’s great here is the gigantic world w options to do shit at your own pace. I kinda rushed Godrick, had some serious rage moments then went back to clear the first open zone and dungeons and wrecked everything. Feels great to struggle like shit then go back a dexterity god and destroy shit. Mage tower incoming.

Performance niggles aside, this is a 10/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I got a bunch of Smithing Shards running around Caelid (zone to the East of Limgrave). Legacy Dungeons are the very large intricately designed dungeons that resemble Fromsoft's level design in previous non open world titles. Also they have all of the key Demigod bosses that are necessary to kill to progress the main story. First one is Stormveil Castle. You don't have to do them in any particular order though. Can always overlevel it and come back later. Agheel was kicking my ass for over an hour. I ran around, leveled a bunch, upgraded from my starting weapon and two shotted him. One dragon down....so many to go.

Is Morne Castle a legacy dungeon? It's the only place I've seen that looked like a traditional Souls area. The first big room was giving me grief so I left. There's also a cave full of wolves near the starting church, that could be an LD, didn't really go in there either.

Main focus tonight is gonna be powering up and fighting Margit again.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The hub world exit…just use your map and fast travel out.

Oh cool. I did pull up the map and it showed me off in the middle of nowhere so I closed it. I'm guessing you can scroll around and find the main zone on the map.

Gonna beat that red phantom anyway, bet he drops something good. I knew he'd be a challenge when I saw bloodstains all over the hub area...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone got any beginner tips for a brainlet like me playing a Wretch? Im not sure what I should be trying to do out the gate? How do you level up? I wandered around and found a catacomb with little green fuckers that basically can 2 shot you and make you bleed. I died about 47 times before I just left with 700 souls. (almost got to the end but didnt want to lose the souls i earned again)

Should I try to get some gear before I try and go into places like that? Or does it not matter and Im just gonna get skull fucked no matter what until I do start to get better gear and lvls?

I found a hatchet off one of them but you need 14 dex. This game doesnt really tell you shit haha. (Im not familiar with Souls series)

edit I bought for PS5.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anyone tempted to waste 3 keys opening up the imps in Roundtable Hold... don't bother.

"Rewards":
Crepus's Black-Key Crossbow (slightly longer range than usual xbow)
Book you give to the prophet looking dude for two incantation unlocks - Assassin's Approach (-fall dmg / noise) and Darkness (cloak).

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Is Morne Castle a legacy dungeon? It's the only place I've seen that looked like a traditional Souls area. The first big room was giving me grief so I left. There's also a cave full of wolves near the starting church, that could be an LD, didn't really go in there either.

Main focus tonight is gonna be powering up and fighting Margit again.
Morne is considered a medium size dungeon. Whereas the Catacombs and Caves are small dungeons.

Goonsquad Officer
Anyone got any beginner tips for a brainlet like me playing a Wretch? Im not sure what I should be trying to do out the gate? How do you level up? I wandered around and found a catacomb with little green fuckers that basically can 2 shot you and make you bleed. I died about 47 times before I just left with 700 souls. (almost got to the end but didnt want to lose the souls i earned again)

Should I try to get some gear before I try and go into places like that? Or does it not matter and Im just gonna get skull fucked no matter what until I do start to get better gear and lvls?

I found a hatchet off one of them but you need 14 dex. This game doesnt really tell you shit haha. (Im not familiar with Souls series)

edit I bought for PS5.
Outside the starting thing. There is a merchant and a up the road is a camp or soldier men. Kill them repeatedly for runes. Buy armor from thr merchant. The soldiers can also drop armor

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

edit I bought for PS5.
You level up by resting at the glowing orange sites you unlock, the fast travel points. When you rest at those it heals you up, and there’s a menu you can do various things in, one of which is leveling up. The sites point you in the general direction you should go next on your map, but you can wander around wherever you want. As a wretch you’ll need gear, so just kind of follow those arrows and unlock sites as you go, there’s one that’s like the 3rd or 4th one in that has a vendor you can buy weapons and armor from, or you can farm the nearby knights for a while for armor and runes to level up some more.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'd like to murder the devs, QA, testers, and all project leads who thought making the comment runes glow the same color as items was a good idea.

Fuck all of them right in the face.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Goonsquad Officer
I'd like to murder the devs, QA, testers, and all project leads who thought making the comment runes glow the same color as items was a good idea.

yea that is rather fucking obnoxious. i think last souls game...they were a dark orange? like smoldering ember.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I got this and was going to stat up for it. Is it worth it?

I may as well be level 1 still lol, just exploring the land and finding different stuff, dying, and not leveling. So my stats aren't anywhere near building it. But I probably will just for fun.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Yeah that was stupid. So many Item! or Is this item? and variations of those in bushes.

On another note. Decided to try something. I've seen the fight against Margit tons of times, in network test and on streams. So having seen everything he has to offer, I figured he was a good test to try summons and such on him to see how "easy" mode it could be if you wanted to. Next to the door there is a mage summon, so I summoned that. Then when the fight started I summoned my own. The two guardians. I leveled them up to +3 (they can facetank the large bears in the woods)

Lol.

At level 3 my summons hit almost as hard as me with a 4+ katana. And them hitting him also made him stagger. Oneshot him.

So yeah. You can most assuredly make it way easier for yourself on bosses in this game. The summons, when you level them up, are not weak. Especially not the two guards. Went back to the boss on the horse right when you start the game. He killed me a few times before I got a horse, but with the +3 summons he didn't really stand a chance. One of his hardest hits takes away around 10%, if that, of the summons health. And there are two of them.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was stupid. So many Item! or Is this item? and variations of those in bushes.

On another note. Decided to try something. I've seen the fight against Margit tons of times, in network test and on streams. So having seen everything he has to offer, I figured he was a good test to try summons and such on him to see how "easy" mode it could be if you wanted to. Next to the door there is a mage summon, so I summoned that. Then when the fight started I summoned my own. The two guardians. I leveled them up to +3 (they can facetank the large bears in the woods)

Lol.

At level 3 my summons hit almost as hard as me with a 4+ katana. And them hitting him also made him stagger. Oneshot him.

So yeah. You can most assuredly make it way easier for yourself on bosses in this game. The summons, when you level them up, are not weak. Especially not the two guards. Went back to the boss on the horse right when you start the game. He killed me a few times before I got a horse, but with the +3 summons he didn't really stand a chance. One of his hardest hits takes away around 10%, if that, of the summons health. And there are two of them.

I need to figure the summon thing out, but haven’t read anything past the tutorial when I got the Jellyfish. Tried summoning it in the Leonine fight and Margit but never got the icon. Restarted in offline mode but still no dice. Something dumb I’m overlooking