Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have never done a soulsborne game. This might be the one.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm at 18 vigor and 10 endurance (wretch), just haven't gotten back to them since I've been pumping Str. I need to start doing endurance soon though, cause it's starting to become a little bit of an issue. I actually might leave HP where it is for a while and just be a glass cannon. I've found that the best way for me to win things in Souls is to just master not getting hit and do as much damage as possible so there are less chances TO get hit. For example, in Souls 1 recently I found that there were some boss fights I lost a few times, then when I won them I'd win without even getting hit. Just a matter of learning how to avoid their attacks.

Just defeated Margit, what a hell of a boss. Took me ten hours and level 28 to be able to win that fight. Didn't summon any help (dunno if it would have even worked out because the few times I did, everyone just got ganked). I also warped to other people's worlds to help with the fight but it'd always end badly with them dying. I think that fight is a real roadblock for a lot of folks.

Also filled in a ton of map, got the Bastard Sword to +4 and made it a Heavy Bastard Sword for more Str scaling, and fought a trophy boss on some island in the middle of nowhere. It's been a good time.
If you can bump abit of end would highly recommend farming for fire cleric camp vest piece alone... The drops without arcane boost is a REAL pain but well worth it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The PS5 controller battery life is hot garbage

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Limgrave Spoiler

LOL that teleporting chest in the swamp rocketing you over to Caedan or whatever in far northeast. You also are now in a poison swamp and have no way back normally via teleporting. Suck it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 400423

My map so far. Level 38.... still in Limgrave, haven't even touched Stormveil. There is so much to do. Also Hateyou Hateyou , the Jellyfish are from Rodericka. She gives them to you when you exhausted her dialogue, she is on the path to Stormveil, in a shack with a Site of Grace.
Yep, I found it afterwards. Not sure what I did to get it, I had talked to her before. I’ve had several people change their conversation but no idea what I do to move it along lol

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Where is everyone farming exp at? I’ve been doing that camp in Limgrave next to the NPC that gives you the ring for the steed and the other camp close it with those 2 hander wielding beserker guys and wolves that shouts at you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Where is everyone farming exp at? I’ve been doing that camp in Limgrave next to the NPC that gives you the ring for the steed and the other camp close it with those 2 hander wielding beserker guys and wolves that shouts at you.
Same, but I am terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did a few levels at the 2nd to last portal from rodrick. Theres like 10+ dudes that all start with their back to you and half are on machines so they wont assist. Theres a camp right there too so you can chug your potion and reset after you clear. its like ~3k a clear

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I seriously think I have to just start over? The sorcery start is so fucking bad I can't actually believe it. Tying your mana to your health flasks is already a huge handicap, but so much of your stat allocation is in caster stats that you have to spend 20 levels buying str/dex just to use basic weapons? Much less any amount of vitality lol.

It's not like sorcery itself actually does any damage either. It can be nice for picking off enemies out of groups, but it's 110% useless vs any boss fights.

• 1WTF

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I wouldn’t farm, just go a direction until you hit a wall and win or go another way. You have so much shit to unlock and discover you will naturally get runes as you gain both in world and personal knowledge.

Giant bear is the only thing I haven’t really attempted yet, they seem to have given them more moves and attacks then any boss I have fought so far.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I seriously think I have to just start over? The sorcery start is so fucking bad I can't actually believe it. Tying your mana to your health flasks is already a huge handicap, but so much of your stat allocation is in caster stats that you have to spend 20 levels buying str/dex just to use basic weapons? Much less any amount of vitality lol.

It's not like sorcery itself actually does any damage either. It can be nice for picking off enemies out of groups, but it's 110% useless vs any boss fights.
Whats your Int? If above 22 and don’t like the playstyle you can fairly easily get some weapons that scale with int. Hell can even turn the club or shield into a magic weapon. Can respec in this game so I would keep going. Hit me up on steam if you want to co-op for a bit to get you back on track.

nu_11

Downed Godrick earlier this morning. He's a joke (because he's so slow) compared to Margit.

Unfortunately, I found a spot where I net 4400 xp every 1.5 minutes. It's too good. Location is Farum Greatbridge just southeast of Bestial Sanctum

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw I'm just calling it. My entire stock of souls is stuck in the mines now because I can't equip any strike weapons and my damage is complete cucked vs the crystal dudes down here.

That's not even getting in to the cockroach guys that spam homing ranged attacks that oneshot me lol.

Sorcery was 100% a mistake and cost me the first ~8hours of my playtime I guess.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Naw I'm just calling it. My entire stock of souls is stuck in the mines now because I can't equip any strike weapons and my damage is complete cucked vs the crystal dudes down here.

That's not even getting in to the cockroach guys that spam homing ranged attacks that oneshot me lol.

Sorcery was 100% a mistake and cost me the first ~8hours of my playtime I guess.
Sucks man, if I had to guess it will be easy mode later.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Downed Godrick earlier this morning. He's a joke (because he's so slow) compared to Margit.
Dang, Im having the exact opposite experience

I can get him to p2 p easy but then he wrecks me

edit- nm just beat him 2 attempts later

Last edited:

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cliffbottom catacombs and fire cleric camp. It takes longgggg for any drops and cliff has a very nice head piece. But first off lemme explain, END/encumbrance is seperated from str so u have to allocate it as well as vigor/health. Secondly did I mention drop rates are pooor? U can be summoned and farm 10x and only blessed with one lousy piece and they are usually awesome and specific to that location from what I experience

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

I do that camp next the the NPC that gives you the horse too. I agro the horn blower guy to get the whole camp at once, have wolves summon upgraded to +3 to tank and AOE them down with glinstone arc. It is the fastest/easiest I have found so far.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Buddy started int, but once he got a certain Ash he said it turned to easy mode and he completely rekt Godrick. Think you can get it before Margit too. Not sure though.

I think his strat is use a decent enough weapon to poke the boss down to half then blow all his spells/mana pots on the second half cause that's usually "my true form" type shit.