Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is going to be George RR Martin's story contribution anyway? They already had almost everything from his books except incest in soulsborne already.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
GIF by Saturday Night Live

Oh and praise sweet JESUS it's coming out on PC and I don't have to hunt down a PS5.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Okay so maybe it's just my monitor but that looks like a PS3 game graphically. What gives?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So it's basically Sekiborne : Dark Demons Die Thrice.
Seems like this will be more in the vein of Sekiro... except with a super ghost horse that has spider man powers.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Seems like this will be more in the vein of Sekiro... except with a super ghost horse that has spider man powers.
I hope not, it was easily my least favourite of from software games, but I'm definitely preordering and playing it day 1 without a doubt, excited we finally have a release date!

• 3Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Fuck everything. That female voiceover alone will make me do a rig upgrade for the release.
Yeah I bought a 3080 for CP2077 that I never played. So finally a game that will validate my RTX 3080 purchase instead of Terraria.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is it supposed to have a story because of Martin? I couldn't follow the trailer at all, seems like DS4 in everything but name.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Goddamn, stop being nerds.

Who cares what it is as long as it is more souls.

EDIT: Also, did I just see Smough in there with a vase on his head? It should have just been called Dark Souls 4 (story by GRRM).

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The horse thing with the high jumping looks like it was in a specific spot. There's a weird blue glowing circle it stands in before it leaps up the cliff, so that's probably what it is. I'm assuming some of the other funky jumping during the dragon fight might be something similar.

Looking forward to this, and glad I can get it on PC.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay so maybe it's just my monitor but that looks like a PS3 game graphically. What gives?

I actually agree w/ this statement, however I'd say for the most part their trailers don't typically sport amazing graphics, and usually I always find myself impressed once in game. Bloodborne and DS3 were not out of this world, but there were a ton of little details that I appreciated. We'll see. Sekiro was average, but still had some nice areas.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I hope not, it was easily my least favourite of from software games, but I'm definitely preordering and playing it day 1 without a doubt, excited we finally have a release date!

Did you get into Sekiro?

It took me at least 5 hours into the game to start really liking it. Even more than other Souls games, it felt like getting better at the game was very noticeable.

I'll take whatever they give me, though. I can't think of a series of games that I have enjoyed more over the entire span. I do want Bloodborne 2 though. Souls game + Lovecraft is best game.

• 3Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The FromSoft games are the only games I've played since Everquest circa 99-01 where I've become fully engrossed. BB was unmatched for me in terms of the ambiance & aesthetic. Sekiro's combat feedback is simply unmatched, to me at least. I too took about 5-10 hours to get the hang of it, but once you start mastering it, it became pretty addicting. Even DS2 got multiple playthroughs out of me. Have yet to be disappointed.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users