Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Terial

Trakanon Raider
my wife keep my dick in a jar, all i have left in life is Elden Ring. When i watch videos the jar moves with excitement.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Some faggot on YouTube has a video with half a million views essentially complaining that Elden Ring is just DS4 and Miyazaki lied when he said he was moving on from the series. Further, apparently he is ass-hurt that they are reusing assets and animations from previous games.

His whiny bitch-fest has made me even more excited for this game. I seriously can't wait. Even all the bad shit they are trying to come up with is still amazing.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This will be my first venture into the Dark Souls genre. Fextralife was discussing on his stream this is the perfect game for anyone who wants to try out a Souls type game for the first time. He wasn’t implying it was easy but the features and it being open world makes it a perfect candidate.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will be my first venture into the Dark Souls genre. Fextralife was discussing on his stream this is the perfect game for anyone who wants to try out a Souls type game for the first time. He wasn’t implying it was easy but the features and it being open world makes it a perfect candidate.
Oh man I would kill to be in yr shoes to be able to replay all the DS again for the first time. So pls play them already!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Haven't gotten any e-mails. Signed up with two e-mails, and while I remember I thought about it, pretty sure I forgot to change my IP and got disqualified automatically.

My first greed loss to Elden Ring :(

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some faggot on YouTube has a video with half a million views essentially complaining that Elden Ring is just DS4 and Miyazaki lied when he said he was moving on from the series. Further, apparently he is ass-hurt that they are reusing assets and animations from previous games.

His whiny bitch-fest has made me even more excited for this game. I seriously can't wait. Even all the bad shit they are trying to come up with is still amazing.
We going to find out they reused assets purposefully because this game is some kind of multiverse gateway hub that connects hundreds of Dark Souls worlds together. We’ve just played in 4 or 5 of those hundreds!

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
my wife keep my dick in a jar, all i have left in life is Elden Ring. When i watch videos the jar moves with excitement.

1636720197906.png

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
My only concern is it looks like most random dungeons / caves you find are essentially just chalice dungeons with a mini boss at the end, but everything I've seen from the network test footage looks incredible.

Wondering how much of the content they actually had in it, was it truly 1/6th of the game or much less than that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My only concern is it looks like most random dungeons / caves you find are essentially just chalice dungeons with a mini boss at the end, but everything I've seen from the network test footage looks incredible.

Wondering how much of the content they actually had in it, was it truly 1/6th of the game or much less than that?
Random chalice dungeons scattered throughout the world seems fine to me. Good distraction “look what I found” type stuff scattered through a world is good IMO. And if they end up being monotonous or suck I just stop doing them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

According to the video Vaati put out this morning, it appears to be approx half of the starting area:

1636729101289.png

• 1Weird Boner

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

The fextralife video says it's closer to 1/12th based on the full map but not sure how accurate. It also depends a lot on how dense the other areas are. Generally speaking it's not uncommon for devs to work more on the "first" area so it has a lot more things and so the press gets better first impressions for their articles and what not, and then leave the later areas more empty, so the size of the area isn't necessarily representative of the size of the actual game.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
According to the video Vaati put out this morning, it appears to be approx half of the starting area:

JFC I tried to stop watching that spoiler video but I just couldn't. This game will take over my life, much to my girlfriend's chagrin.

Also, this Vaati guy seems like a solid streamer, his voice isn't grating and he doesn't talk like a retard.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The fextralife video says it's closer to 1/12th based on the full map but not sure how accurate. It also depends a lot on how dense the other areas are. Generally speaking it's not uncommon for devs to work more on the "first" area so it has a lot more things and so the press gets better first impressions for their articles and what not, and then leave the later areas more empty, so the size of the area isn't necessarily representative of the size of the actual game.

This is definitely true, even though this might be 1/12th geographically, I'd honestly wager this is likely closer to 1/4th total content. Later areas area 99.9% of the time much less dense and fleshed out.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm watching Peeve, a notorious "soul" streamer, who usually do pvp. I think he gonna test some online later.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Having never played a Dark Souls game, is it important to play them in any order? Or any standout to definitely play before Elden Ring releases? Doesn't seem vital to play earlier games, but might try some as a warm up because this game looks amazing.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Having never played a Dark Souls game, is it important to play them in any order? Or any standout to definitely play before Elden Ring releases? Doesn't seem vital to play earlier games, but might try some as a warm up because this game looks amazing.
It actually sounds like this one is being made more accessible with easy coop options and npc summons. I have a friend of mine preordering this as he could never progress in previous titles.

The hope is once he gets more experience he'll then have 4 or 5 amazing games to pick up and experience for the first time.

Man, once I beat 1-1 in Demon Souls many years ago I was hooked ever since. I also loved the Kings Field games too for a lot of the same reasons, though the difficulty wasn't nearly the same, the exploration and lack of hand holding was a breath of fresh air.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dark Souls, 1, 2 and 3. They all have ups and downs but the standout is 3 for sure.
2 is everyones least favorite but I liked it.
If you only going to play one game though play 3.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

1 still holds up. I'd play that then either 3 or Bloodborne because you'll notice the controls not being as tight and that will be a bit of a turn off.

• 1Like