Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
XQC just beat the game on Twitch. He started with the New Zealand launch time and has been no lifeing it in 20 hour game play sessions.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Endless summons outside Crucible knight. Downed him 30 or so times in an hour horray for jolly cooperation!

rieter

Molten Core Raider
For Margit I had some issues with them but ultimately cheesed. dont care progress is progress. The knights in the castle straight fuck me like a prom date though :/

For Margit, Patches sells an item called Margit's Shackle what locks him down for a moment. I fucked up and used it right before entering the mist, his AI got busted and he just stood there locked down and the jellyfish and I went to town on him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"BuT iTs NoT cHeEsE iF iTs In ThE gAmE. iTs InTeNdEd." Summons, shields, parries, stagger cheese, overleveling are all there to provide adjustable difficulty for those that need it. They are in-game options of adjusting the game from hard mode to normal to easy.
If you're not also staying at SL1 I don't see the point of all the weird handicaps.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I accidentally used the wolf summon on some cave boss and those stupid wolves absolutely wreckt it. Well, distracted it while I killed him. Need to avoid using them as I dislike that. That was the first time I ever used the summons at all.

Need to figure out where I can find more summons though. I am definitely taking my sweet time with this. Dying a lot to just being bad still though! I want to find the Parry ash of war so I can actually start practicing using it. The brass shield doesn't have it by default. At least the one that I have.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I always make such slow progress at the beginning of these games because I'm super aggressive and just try to go ham on everything. This game is way less punishing for dying in most spots though because of the open world aspect

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This game is something else. Game of the decade unless they sequel it in that time frame. The world and level design is the best in the business.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Smithing stones: undiscovered mines are marked on the map with what looks like a burned spot. Early mine bosses don't drop much of interest, but venture further from the starting area and you'll find some things that solve the problem permanently.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I havent used my smithing stones at all yet. Trying to find a weapon I like in Limgrave that I really want to upgrade. might be required here sooner or later though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I havent used my smithing stones at all yet. Trying to find a weapon I like in Limgrave that I really want to upgrade. might be required here sooner or later though.
you will probably feel dumb later when you're drowning in a bunch of low tier weapons that would've helped you but are now useless.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
here's a vid I took of my gameplay experience after I learned how to charge heavy attack on the horse

• 1Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’m just getting cockblocked at Margit. Got my long sword with the bleed art on it, grabbing two summons to go in and just can’t kill this fuck. Soon as he goes into phase two just can’t seem to land hits on him anymore. I guess I just have to grind at this point, which is annoying since I can’t seem to git gud.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I have found every weapon but another astrologer staff. I'm sitting at +3 newb staff. Anyone been able to find a better staff?

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
where? I've never summoned any players and wanted to give it a rip but couldn't find anything. I used the Furcalling Finger Remedy
You get teleported to beastial sanctum then head down to farum greatbridge, summon there. Comb the whole place back to sanctum for 1k per kill. I cant remember how i got there but i think it was one of those small sucking grave stones.

Btw useful map

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I’m just getting cockblocked at Margit. Got my long sword with the bleed art on it, grabbing two summons to go in and just can’t kill this fuck. Soon as he goes into phase two just can’t seem to land hits on him anymore. I guess I just have to grind at this point, which is annoying since I can’t seem to git gud.
Parry is his weakness.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
here's a vid I took of my gameplay experience after I learned how to charge heavy attack on the horse

Doing that with a great big zweihander is a blast, launches enemies into the air when times right, good times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

They basically made parrying obsolete with the addition of guard counters. No need for perfect timing, no useless skill on your shield cockblocking the awesome one on your weapon, and guard counter staggers so much that a good chunk of the time you end up with the same opening for a critical attack afterwards. Only time parrying is better is against super fast enemies that go back on offense while you're winding up the counter attack.

Definitely don't sweat it for [1] and [2] upgrades. I would be careful about upgrading unique weapons (somber stones) past +6 though, not sure how much of a source there is for those at [3]+.

Finding the source for [2]'s was such a relief. My uchigatana instantly went from +5 to +13.