Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My favorite was the Crow quest in Bloodborne where she is being so cryptic and vague you honestly can't tell what the's talking about.

Then you accidentally kill her along with Henrik in the first part of the quest and can't do it in full until NG+!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have a HP down debuff that I can’t seem to get rid of. It’s still on me even when I’m naked. Anyone know wtf is going on? Am I bugged?

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
You hugged some broad. Use the item she gave you that increases poise. Once the buff wears off, so will her debuff. Go back for unlimited hugs if you want!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fucking LOL I've had that debuff on me since I first went to the roundtable place like 15 hours ago, never had any idea what it was. No fucking wonder I feel like my HP bar sucks so much shit.

Is there a way to actually hover over buff icons somehow and see what they are?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a HP down debuff that I can’t seem to get rid of. It’s still on me even when I’m naked. Anyone know wtf is going on? Am I bugged?
That's the price you pay for tryna' get your dick wet, homie.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The flow I've settled in is to wander to each location, "clear" it, and then check https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Interactive+Map to see if I've missed anything. It got tiring trying to be thorough in each area, knowing that you might be missing a high-value Smithing Stone, weapon etc. There's still a ton of stuff I'm finding outside of Limgrave that aren't on the map of course.
Yeah that wiki is like 30% complete at best.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You hugged some broad. Use the item she gave you that increases poise. Once the buff wears off, so will her debuff. Go back for unlimited hugs if you want!
Oh shit had it on this whole time, never once used her item and I have the upgraded part(double hugs?). I wonder if you need to keep it on to change things. I may as well let it stay...
To be fair this is my bar. I don't know what any of them actually mean just what I have equipped.
1646076715854.png

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that wiki is like 30% complete at best.
which is fine because that 30% is front-loaded, so it covers the area you're in unless you're a nolifer who showed up to work today being sleep deprived over a singleplayer game release of all fuckin things

• 3Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit had it on this whole time, never once used her item and I have the upgraded part(double hugs?). I wonder if you need to keep it on to change things. I may as well let it stay...
To be fair this is my bar. I don't know what any of them actually mean just what I have equipped.
View attachment 400888
Yeah I have several buffs and debuffs. No idea where they came from or what they do. I wish hovering over them told you what they’re doing at least.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you use the item the whore gives you that HP debuff goes away.
Well wtf does the item do?! I’m scared to use any god damn thing in this game. For all I know using it cuts all access to the real ending and ruins your faction with half the friendly vendors.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well wtf does the item do?! I’m scared to use any god damn thing in this game. For all I know using it cuts all access to the real ending and ruins your faction with half the friendly vendors.
You can hug her again to get it back. The item says it increases your poise.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
EDIT: I was not trying to post anything spoilery. This piece is right near the starting area.

There's basically an entire underdark in this game. God damn.
I know right? I find a little building with an elevator and think its just gonna be a little short thing but god damn if it didn't turn into fucking blackreach.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know right? I find a little building with an elevator and think its just gonna be a little short thing but god damn if it didn't turn into fucking blackreach.
blackreach is a great comparison. I love when games sneak huge dungeons in on you with no upfront notice. Like you find some hole in the ground think it's going to be a quick 5m jaunt for a Mushroom and then it opens up into a whole new world.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is there any point to upgrading a shield if you aren't doing some sort of meme build where you deal damage with it? I was hoping guard boost would go up but it doesn't look like it does.
Not sure yet, found a shield that causes madness, going to pair it with a scarlet rot weapon and freak some PvPs out. If upgrades increases build up then worth it.

Speaking of has anyone found an item that clear rot yet?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The ability to "no-skill" ashes on a shield is so tits. I'm over here fighting like a fucking hoplite, stabbing ballbags all day, 'erry day.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Goddamn this thread blew the fuck up after release! Anyway, I'm home now and I've switched to PS5. Steam version was giving me enough problems that I need to wait for patch, but I couldn't wait and just got the PS5 version. Amazing so far!

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users