Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just killed that Falingstar Beast in the Sellia mines. Almost noped out after I tried helping like 10 other people kill it and failing miserably. Then I tried him solo with some ghost summons and just did the tried and true souls strat of waiting for a good opportunity to strike, that and a very heavy shield.

Dropped Somber Miner Bell Offering which unlocks Somber 1 and 2 (basically useless) in the roundtable hold but he dropped a single Somber 6 as well, which I've been searching for now for like 40 levels at least.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was playing samurai totally wrong for my first 35 hours with a str build and some sword I got from a boss, but after reading this thread I respecced and its much smoother. apparently armor doesn't really matter, just use whatever as long as you don't go heavy. Starter sword is also really good because of its special. I think its best at first to put the unsheath ash on it and make it keen so it scales with dex. I used the wolf or jellyfish ash until I got mimic and the mimic one is ridic good. You can find a 100 block shield p early if you search and you'll wanna put the no skill ash on that so you can use your sword special. Just starting out i read somewhere to pump your hp a bit, maybe to like 20, and then start pumping dex.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone has been playing samurai can give me some protips? Like what Ashes of Wars to use, what weapons and armor I should be looking for ect. Started a new game using this class and been enjoying it so far.
Pump dex, upgrade the uchigatana every chance you get, abuse Unsheathe as it's one of the best skills in the game.

Fextralife's samurai video covers all the basics at the start of the game.

Mid/late game if you decide to stay pure dex build, I think it's worth it to stop the uchi upgrades at +12 and then swap to the nagakiba as soon as you get it and take that all the way to +25. It has 18 str req but it's stronger than the uchi and you can spare the points if you're pure dex.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1646200466229.png

You guys should ask me about my pronouns. IT'S MAAM!!!!!

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 11 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This is one of the best games of all time and I'm not even the biggest souls fan in the world.

I just keep following my nose and multiple times I've just had to stop and stare in wonder at what they've done.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Roll credits, sure enough I got the "bad ending" and still no +10 somber stone...
1646201752729.png

I missed a fuck ton of side stuff, I can feel it.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
lol I have 10 hours less play time than you and am half you level with only 2 main bosses dead, so yea you must have no been running around on horseback looking for shit as much as me.

Which general progression did y'all use? I did the whole main area + stormveil first, then went up north to the lakes and did everything I could find there + academy for my 2nd boss, but now I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do? Just run over east in the poison land and rampage around?

I've got one half each of what appears to be two different medallions needed to power some great lift that I've never found? Where in the fuck does the whole underground area that I've spent so much time in factor in to everything lol, it seems to be entirely optional down there?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

woot!

Trakanon Raider
I've got one half each of what appears to be two different medallions needed to power some great lift that I've never found? Where in the fuck does the whole underground area that I've spent so much time in factor in to everything lol, it seems to be entirely optional down there?
the great lift doesn't look like a lift. it's a huge hall with statues, at the limit between Liurnia and the Altus Plateau. The waypoint is called "great lift of Dectus"
Stand in front of the statues (on foot, not horseback) and you'll get an option to activate the medallions

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone go back to that crystal mine you get warped to? Just made it to the boss and kicked a ladder down, I won't spoil anything, but at level 46 that thing was VISCIOUS!!!! My attacks barely scratched him and he wrecked me in 2-3 aggressive hits!

That's one of the 3 bosses I've found that I wasn't able to beat yet. Learned his attacks well enough, but still, the sheer size of the boss makes it hard to avoid. He reminds me of Antlion from FF4. ANTLION SURE AS HELL AIN'T TAME.

The other two are Starscourge and the gaol rematch with Godrick. I can get the antlion and Starscourge down to like 20% so I know I'll get them soon, but I barely get anywhere with Godrick Revisited. I summoned people for the original Godrick because I couldn't figure out how to get around his big elemental attacks, so I never actually learned the fight. It was the only fight I had to summon people for, IIRC, and I don't think you can summon people for gaol fights.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah Rajaah I've been using that Golden Halberd and I like it but its lack of an immediate sweep attack makes me carry a broadsword as well for when I have multiple assholes up on me.

I got the Twinblade and the Darth Maul enchant (which sadly doesn't stack with the Twinblade's L2 attack buff, unsure which is actually better).

Twinblade absolutely wrecks fodder mobs and anything that gets staggered by it.

Bosses, the Golden Halberd seems to still be better against those, specifically the big charged R2 hit. I found that this weap still does way more damage than the Twinblade against some bosses.

For reference, I've got Heavy Twinblade +15 and Golden Halberd +7 in this comparison.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone go back to that crystal mine you get warped to? Just made it to the boss and kicked a ladder down, I won't spoil anything, but at level 46 that thing was VISCIOUS!!!! My attacks barely scratched him and he wrecked me in 2-3 aggressive hits!

Thing was still an obnoxious fuckface even at level 70. Seemed like there were some attacks that just couldn't be avoided and you're forced to just trade with him

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am constantly blown away how god damn huge this is and how much content they packed into it. God damn. Game of the past many years for me and I’m probably only 20%-30% through it at around 30 hours. Hopefully this game inspires other studios to revise how they do open world. I don’t want mini maps and billions of question marks going forward in open world games.
Yeah. I thought I was being thorough and I checked the interactive map in Weeping Peninsula and I missed an absolute ton of shit.

Damn.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I keep reading about how Stormveil is this huge castle with tons to do that is as big as all of Boletaria, etc. I don't get it, I ran through it just like any other area fairly quickly. Wonder if I missed a ton of stuff. I took the "death route" through the main gate rather than the side route, and basically beelined up to Godrick. And there's a basement area? Wot? Sounds like I owe that place a trip back and some actual exploration.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I keep reading about how Stormveil is this huge castle with tons to do that is as big as all of Boletaria, etc. I don't get it, I ran through it just like any other area fairly quickly. Wonder if I missed a ton of stuff. I took the "death route" through the main gate rather than the side route, and basically beelined up to Godrick. And there's a basement area? Wot? Sounds like I owe that place a trip back and some actual exploration.
There's a big basement and optional boss down there yeah.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
lol I have 10 hours less play time than you and am half you level with only 2 main bosses dead, so yea you must have no been running around on horseback looking for shit as much as me.

Which general progression did y'all use? I did the whole main area + stormveil first, then went up north to the lakes and did everything I could find there + academy for my 2nd boss, but now I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do? Just run over east in the poison land and rampage around?

I didn’t but what I should have done is from where you are to:
South down main road just east of start, then hard NW, then hard southwest, then lift in north mistywoods.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey guys, I don't understand why people think this Zone I just B lined through is so big! Also, besides the basement, there's areas you can only get to by climbing around on rooftops and jumping down onto platforms

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Have only had time to play for a few hours so far, I have no idea what I’m doing. I do appreciate the “you shouldn’t be here yet” parts of the game where shit one shots you with impunity. Ran up to some asshole in golden armor and whack him for like 1% of his health, he turns his sword to lightning and proceeds to sodomize mw with it.

• 1Solidarity