Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So this is a stupid question. I'm not good at these kind of games, despite really liking them. With that said though, is this game possible to simply grind your way into anything to make the content easier or are there some areas that no matter what will be punishing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this is a stupid question. I'm not good at these kind of games, despite really liking them. With that said though, is this game possible to simply grind your way into anything to make the content easier or are there some areas that no matter what will be punishing?

You can grind to give yourself the extra edge you need in a hard boss fight, and the world is so big you can also do extra exploring in other areas so its not like you're grinding/reloading the same camp

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You talking about these guys?
Yeah. There are several that are hidden in the road itself, they dig themselves out when you ride through it. So you just gallop up and down that hill with a giant weapon, heavy attacking them to death. They will kind of group up like you’re kiting them, and you’ll be able to hit several at once.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Or an impressive amount of dying, I was 58 for mine
I totally missed the path into the castle and went to lake for a bit. Was still ~40 when I killed him but was kind of funny that I missed the entire castle for some reason.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah you can. I basically did that on the second main boss unintentionally, he was really easy cause I was high level. I just wander around trying new areas, if it’s a doable place a clear it for a while, move on, etc. I don’t follow any map arrows at all.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Elden Ring: we made fighting defensively an option
Also Elden Ring: We gave a bunch of things bleeding damage that goes right past your defenses anyway

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Im awful at these games too but doing okay here. Elden Ring gives you a lot of tools to become more powerful and makes the game a lot easier if you want it to be.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I'm currently level 45 and I want to get around 50sih to go to the next area. I been farming those liitle black knights out the bestial sanctum for runes. You can chain stun them easily and they are about 1k runes per kill. Anyone can recommend a good area or spot for level grinding?
Dragon barrow fork.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game is a lot like old Nintendo games. Not much info on anything in the game itself, open world that you can explore and find secrets or powerful upgrades if you're inclined. Character power tied more directly to items/spells you find and no experience bar to speak of.

A lot of that isnt new to souls games except the open world aspect, which makes it feel very, very different

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So at 172 every thing is a joke on journey 2 so far. What crazy is i barely grinded...they just give you so many runes after the great lifts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is a lot like old Nintendo games. Not much info on anything in the game itself, open world that you can explore and find secrets or powerful upgrades if you're inclined. Character power tied more directly to items/spells you find and no experience bar to speak of.

A lot of that isnt new to souls games except the open world aspect, which makes it feel very, very different
That's the great thing tho. If you like the basic wolf ashes or the starter weapon you only need to explore enough to upgrade that.

Theres a fuckton of ashes. I need to start trying my collection to see what I like.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's the great thing tho. If you like the basic wolf ashes or the starter weapon you only need to explore enough to upgrade that.

Theres a fuckton of ashes. I need to start trying my collection to see what I like.
I like the one you get from the elk, the minotaur looking dude with the massive bow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm waiting for someone to release a full summoner build because based on the little I've seen in my 16 hours with ashes, incantations, sorceries and weapon skills I bet you could make it work and make your summons practically immortal while also wrecking face

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Just had my first real rage moment - died to I don’t even know what after the Renella fight and lost all the runes I was carrying as well as the 40k I was supposed to get from her. The icon appears on my map but no way to get back to the “arena” where the second phase of the fight was. Time to go do something else this afternoon!

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just had my first real rage moment - died to I don’t even know what after the Renella fight and lost all the runes I was carrying as well as the 40k I was supposed to get from her. The icon appears on my map but no way to get back to the “arena” where the second phase of the fight was. Time to go do something else this afternoon!
Literal same thing happened to me last night. Haven’t gone to bed that mad in a long time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So at 172 every thing is a joke on journey 2 so far. What crazy is i barely grinded...they just give you so many runes after the great lifts.

Souls games are usually like that with them being super easy for a lot of the second playthrough. Everything's just 30% or whatever harder while you're 5x stronger than when you went through that part the the first time

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You mean somber? Or regular, but either way you are like 10% into the start. Try going hard south by south east from the starting area. Can also just follow the road it hooks back south after going east a bit.
At this point jist regular, but I did check the blacksmith after I found out I get a 3rd talisman slot after finishing the Academy - and found that I had enough to upgrade my lordsworn greatsword to +11.

Was just hoping to find the bell that unlocked the 3 / 4 smithing runes to purchase as I may not want to stick with that sword going forward. (Hints are fine but definitely don't want a full-fledged spoiler).

I'll check out the area you mentioned the next time I load it up. Visiting my mom for her birthday and actually brought my PS5 with me just for this game 😁, haven't been this obsessed in a while, probably since Dark Souls 2/3/ Bloodborne.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy fucking fuck fuck everything about this lake of rot lol.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users