Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dont even remap it. Just keep the ring in your triangle binds and use that to dismount. Just unmap L3 dismount entirely

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I was thinking more to just save INT things for a future play through, but it needs a zillion STR and I doubt I’ll do another huge 2h play any time soon, so I may try it!

Heavy Greatsword is almost as good and doesn't need the int. The moveset is almost identical so it would give you a feel for it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dont even remap it. Just keep the ring in your triangle binds and use that to dismount. Just unmap L3 dismount entirely
It's not the ring that is dismounting you, it's ducking into stealth mode. You need to remap duck/stealth to fix the dismount issue. I swapped it with spell change(up on d pad). Obviously, this is only if you're dismounting inadvertently during combat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's not the ring that is dismounting you, it's ducking into stealth mode. You need to remap duck/stealth to fix the dismount issue. I swapped it with spell change(up on d pad). Obviously, this is only if you're dismounting inadvertently during combat.
He’s telling you to take dismount off of L3 completely and USE the ring to dismount instead. Then you can’t misclick it and dismount by accident.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He’s telling you to take dismount off of L3 completely and USE the ring to dismount instead. Then you can’t misclick it and dismount by accident.
And I'm saying it's not the ring dismount mapped to L3, it's duck/stealth that is mapped to L3. Ducking is what is actually removing you from your mount in this scenario. Removing the mapping completely would remove the ability to stealth(at least on PS5).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got platinum on my 2nd play-through. Still had 1 ending to get so I just rushed through the game on NG+ in a couple hours just doing the required shit(So 3 playthroughs? Idk). Figured I could stop playing now. But yeah no about to try a new play through with a str/faith build? Cant stop playing this game.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>

What the actual fuck i know nothing about this game after 90 hours.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

What the actual fuck i know nothing about this game after 90 hours.
And this is only 4 weeks out from release. Vaati literally has probably a years worth of content to make just from the base game. There is so much shit to make interesting videos on between lore and in game secrets. Like... I had no idea that there was a fucking entrance to Deeproot Depths right next to the 3 Fingers. I went through the goddamn coffin.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What have you bros been doing for ARC builds? Going through my list of weapons I'm not sure exactly how I wanna do this for NG+. The easy answer looks like what, 60DEX/40ARC or similar and just use poleblade/rivers of blood?

Any of the ARC spells worth messing with besides flies for boss cheese?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What have you bros been doing for ARC builds? Going through my list of weapons I'm not sure exactly how I wanna do this for NG+. The easy answer looks like what, 60DEX/40ARC or similar and just use poleblade/rivers of blood?

Any of the ARC spells worth messing with besides flies for boss cheese?
I did Godskin Peeler with occult or bleeding affinity + Dragon Incantations, which scale with Arcane. Was pretty fun. The running heavy attack on twinblades is a ton of hits that can proc bleed. Once your faith/arcane/mind gets high enough the dragon incantations get high enough to shadow your impressive melee damage.

This was before the fix to the arcane weapons, so I imagine it's gotten even better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

The best spells/ashes are ones that take advantage of the AI. Just a matter of figuring out how. Hoarfrost was great for that, the initial blast would force a reaction from the enemy who would then be open for the culmination that followed.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Think I've hit the wall in NG+ as far as wanting to keep going. NG+ doesn't seem very interesting in this game.

Time to start a new char, figure out what items I want to try to stealth to early, and then get OP AF for the rest of the playthrough instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Removing the mapping completely would remove the ability to stealth(at least on PS5).
This has the secondary benefit of not being a little bitch

F1926B18-62ED-4D07-BB4C-E4A9E0723906.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Think I've hit the wall in NG+ as far as wanting to keep going. NG+ doesn't seem very interesting in this game.

Time to start a new char, figure out what items I want to try to stealth to early, and then get OP AF for the rest of the playthrough instead.

I think this is the general consensus for a lot of folks from what I've heard. Too OP can be boring. What pisses me off is I have the OCD of wanting to explore everything where being OP is nice, but knocking off a huge portion of a bosses health is somewhat disappointing even if the boss is normally fairly easy. Yet somehow it's far more frustration if you mishandle some trash packs in that exploration.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Sounds like NG+ is to go back and get your revenge on the stuff that killed you and finish up storylines you missed first time?