Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hav
Can someone give a noob some advice as to where I should go to get some levels early? Im lvl 22 and I cant kill Tree Sent or Margit or the boss guy to the south, so Im kind of fucked as far as being able to progress in the sense of killing bosses. Or maybe I just dont know where to go? I havent unlocked anything outside of Limgrave.
Have you done east limgrave?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've died to fucking falling off godamn cliffs and shit while going from point a to point b more than anything in elden ring.
The dreaded precision jump on the fucking horse is almost always guaranteed death m8.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hoo boy, Maliketh is wrecking my face.
Just got to him myself. I feel like I can improve a little and beat it.

However I also got to Melania or whatever she is called (Rot lady) in Haligtree and there's no way.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just got to him myself. I feel like I can improve a little and beat it.

Howecer I also hot to Melania or whatever she is called (Rot lady) in Haligtree and there's no way.

I got him 2 attempts later, 6-7 total. Did rot cheese him though.

Malenia took me 4-5 attempts, Mohg in 3-4. I attribute that to my fat-boy poise/guard build.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In all souls games I've died to panicking while going through my item inventory more than any other thing.
You know if you hold down instead of tapping it goes to your first item (which should be health flask) so you don’t have to cycle? I know panicking is still panicking, but that’s something people may not realize they can do.

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I highly suggest you all use the hold Y + d pad menu for 4 (or 6?) hotkeys on a gamepad. It's a new feature with this iteration of their souls game (I think, at least I don't remember it in previous games).

I was like level 100 when I first learned about the Y menu (gamepad). You can hotkey 4 items so you can hold Y+right/left/up/down dpad to activaet. I put my flasks and torrent on them. It was super awkward at first and I died a couple times pressing the wrong buttons because I was so used to cycling through every item to get to the item I needed, but once I got used to it I could summon Torrent, restore HP, FP and use my physique flask instantly without flipping through anything.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm on ring all summer. DLCs on the way.

At least 1,000 hours of game play. I'm 134 hours in right now and a lot more NG to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can someone give a noob some advice as to where I should go to get some levels early? Im lvl 22 and I cant kill Tree Sent or Margit or the boss guy to the south, so Im kind of fucked as far as being able to progress in the sense of killing bosses. Or maybe I just dont know where to go? I havent unlocked anything outside of Limgrave.

Are you new to the series? Your biggest upgrades will come through levelling up your weapon, there are quite a lot of upgrades you can get before you need to fight Margit mostly found on vendors etc. Here is a copy pasta of where to go in limgrave which will end up with you in a very good position to fight Margit:

Starting Out

• Once you have left the tutorial area, talk to White-Faced Varre nearby then head North-West to the Church of Elleh and talk to Kale. Continue North to the fork in the road and grab the Grace to your West and the Grace to your East. Rest at the Grace to your East. From now on, rest often and look for the "Talk to" option in the Grace menu when resing
  • Head East and find a talking tree. Hit or roll into the tree to break the illusion and find Boc. Head North from there, through a small camp of enemies and go North, up through the hills to find Alexander then make your way down to grab the Grace.
  • Go back to the starting grace and go West and downhill to the beach. In the side of the cliff North-West on the beach will be a cave where you can find Boc again. Go through or don't then go back to the Grace where you found Alexander.
  • Head East across the bridge to find a man mourning over a dead body beside the road. Head South and West to find a Spiritjump (horse-jump) at the bottom of a ravine containing a stream. Jump down onto that Spiritjump to avoid damage and head South. After the fight, talk to Yura nearby then head into the cave by the campfire.
  • Deep in the cave is a boss. At half-health, he will ask for mercy. If spared, reload and go back to boss room. Reload and go back again, opening the chest this time.
  • Head just South-East until you hear some howling then head North back to the road to find a man named Kenneth on top of some ruins. Head South-East, through the forest to Fort Haight in the South-East Corner. Explore Fort Haight to get one half of the Dectus Medallion.
  • Return to Kenneth then go back to the Church of Elleh where Kale is. Wait until nightfall at the Grace and talk to Renna nearby, then Kale to get the Fingersnap Emote.
  • Return to the forest, where you heard the howling and use Fingersnap nearby to meet Blaidd. After talking to him, go to Fort Haight and talk to Kenneth then go back to the Grace West of that fork in the road, North of the game's start and head West through the gate.
  • Follow the path until you reach Stormhill Shack and talk to Roderika a few times then continue North. Don't follow the path, instead go through the forest to find a broken bridge. There is a path there you can choose to take but know that it will skip parts of some questlines.
  • You may now safely explore all of Limgrave except for Stormveil Castle without breaking anything, provided you don't go down the giant elevator near the Minor Erdtree in the Eastern forest(It's called the Siofra River Well), use any Waygates or allow yourself to get caught in any trapped chests like the one in the cave that you opened earlier. Everything else is safe.
  • Here are some notable people and places.
  • Knight Bernahl can be found in Warmaster's Shack on the road East of Stormhill Shack.
  • North of Warmaster's Shack is a Coliseum with an Invader.
  • East of the lake in Limgrave is the Waypoint Ruins. Under them is Sorceress Sellen
Going South

• Go back to the starting Grace and head South-East. In the South-East corner, before you go down the slope, you will see a bunch of glowing rocks facing a circle. Go over to the circle and enter it. Blaidd will be available for you to summon if you wish. Defeat the enemy and talk to Blaidd then go down the slope.
  • Cross the bridge and talk to Irina on the roadside then keep heading South.
  • You can safely explore this whole area, minus Waygates and trapped chests that teleport you, without breaking anything.
  • Once you're finished, go to Castle Morne in the deep South and go through the castle to find Edgar on the Ramparts. Talk to him then continue through the castle and fight the boss(Edgar is available to summon).
  • With the boss dead, talk to Edgar again then go back to Irina. After that, we are done with this zone entirely and shall never return.
Storming the Veiled Castle

• ^ Do this. If you should come across Chrysalid's Memento while exploring Stormveil Castle, give it to Roderika before you kill the boss.
  • After the first boss, rest to discover Roundtable Hold. Talk to everyone, meet and greet, beware of hugs, and then go back.
  • Once both bosses are dead, go through the door behind the boss room and you will enter Lake Liurnia.
  • Don't kill Gostac, the one who tells you about the side path if you want to do his quest.
  • Nepheli Loux is just South of the 2nd boss and can be summoned for the fight.
  • Rogier is in the Chapel requires you to kill the monster under Stormveil to continue his quest.

• 3Like

nu_11

end game boss
Found her tonight and she took me 3 hours as STR/FAI. 99% of my damage was melee. No pussy-shit summons.

Was fun to learn her. Felt none of her moves were bs, she telegraphs well... was she nerfed?
1.jpg

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don’t know if I’m doing this wrong or what. I’m primarily a dex build with a little faith for heals. I looked up dex weapons since I’ve been using this uchigatana forever (it’s at +12 now and I’m level 61). Moonveil katana popped up as a recommended dex weapon. I go get it snd it’s dex/int and the int requirement is too high. I feel like every single weapon I find is either int or str and I can’t use it. I’ve probably got 30-40 weapons I can’t equip. Did I screw up my build while leveling and need to go to the respec lady I just found or what? It’s so weird that after 50 hours of playing I’ve hardly come across anything dex focused outside of the uchigatana and flail I found 40+ hours ago.

• 2Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
The chariot trap sections are used way more than they should be and they are all just awful

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, same for me got the platinum today a short while before my 51st birthday, now my life has no meaning or purpose. I did it on PS4 so can import my NG+ into PS5 and get a double plat but it took me around 120 hours so I doubt i'll be doing it this year.

raIftHS.jpg

I have to find some lore videos though, I literally have no idea what the ending means or who the fuck these people are or what they are doing. But goddamn what an amazing game, might honestly be the best video game I ever played.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Beat it. Feels good. Also feels bad because what now?
I've been slowly going through NG+, trying hard to find every NPC quest I missed and there were several.

Also, that Sacred Relic Sword you can get from the last boss's rememberance makes NG+ kind of interesting, get that for sure, dupe that rememberance if you want both but the sword is insane for killing trash. It fires a long range wave of death that's delightfully OP for killing trash mobs which is why they only give it to you at the very end but I'm finding it's making NG+ really fun because it reduces the nuisance factor quite a bit. At +10 for me it one shots like 100% of trash mobs and chunks 'elite' mobs by 50% or more.

• 3Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don’t know if I’m doing this wrong or what. I’m primarily a dex build with a little faith for heals. I looked up dex weapons since I’ve been using this uchigatana forever (it’s at +12 now and I’m level 61). Moonveil katana popped up as a recommended dex weapon. I go get it snd it’s dex/int and the int requirement is too high. I feel like every single weapon I find is either int or str and I can’t use it. I’ve probably got 30-40 weapons I can’t equip. Did I screw up my build while leveling and need to go to the respec lady I just found or what? It’s so weird that after 50 hours of playing I’ve hardly come across anything dex focused outside of the uchigatana and flail I found 40+ hours ago.
If you find a weapon you like and you can apply an ashes of war, you can change it to keen which increases the dex scaling

• 2Like