Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dont mind them doing that for balance, if it does not make some things flat impossible / huge difficulty spike. The open world dragon fights are nearly impossible (unless you are way overleveled) without the horses and a lot of areas are flatly inaccessbile without them as well.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dragons are very doable without the horse, and in some cases easier without the horse. The issue about accessing areas is certainly an issue though.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well maybe I did not get to all the ones in my main play yet, but it sure seems like if you don't have a horse you get skunked by the airborne breath attacks.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's like Onyxia, you have to figure out which way they're going to go before breath attack. There's also at least one dragon that's "indoors" and you can't use the horse with.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No horses in coop felt like a temporary thing to me. The justification is for PvP balance, but they could also just dismount the player if they are invaded.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's like Onyxia, you have to figure out which way they're going to go before breath attack. There's also at least one dragon that's "indoors" and you can't use the horse with.

Fogel's Compendium of Dragonslaying

No horses in coop felt like a temporary thing to me. The justification is for PvP balance, but they could also just dismount the player if they are invaded.

Two people on horses vs outdoor bosses? I think it's more of a PvE thing? Little of both.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they should do it like that. Just like when an NPC invades you and you get dismounted. True long term coop without horses would suck. Areas you can’t access without double jump, or have to go way out of your way to get around. Can’t just horse your way past big garrisons, can’t dodge giant arrows.

Or they could make it so only one horse can be out at a time, like when you use your summon. You’re mounted but the summon isn’t.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Two people on horses vs outdoor bosses? I think it's more of a PvE thing? Little of both.
I don't think they care that much about PvE balance in coop. Once you introduce another player (or even summon) you're playing such a different game already.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I think the co-op code is all tied together. I doubt they honestly cared about horses for PvE but didn't want to allow for horses in PvP. Removing horses pretty much ensures combat quickly happens when you invade or are invaded.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cool with the latter, but on the former point you have played this game right? The herky jerky feints, agro changes, and outright unreadable enemies is one of the biggest complaints of vets. That would be workable if breath attacks from dragons were not a death sentence to level appropriate characters attempting them.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cool with the latter, but on the former point you have played this game right? The herky jerky feints, agro changes, and outright unreadable enemies is one of the biggest complaints of vets. That would be workable if breath attacks from dragons were not a death sentence to level appropriate characters attempting them.

Yes I've played all the way through to Haligtree and Crumbling Farum. This is my first soulsborne and Margit/Godrick killed me more times than they should have, but I've found dragons to be some of the easier bosses in the game. Just get behind them, hit their ankles a couple times, and then run/dodge away from the spin/stomp they're about to do. If they fly away, you need to get back under them as soon as possible.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, the only dragon that's ever really been dangerous for me is the Azure one that summons the magic sword. That fucker manages to catch me with it too much.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
b4m51kgbp3q81.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
i'm the maniac who'se done every dragon on foot.

step 1: tower shield.
step 2: hold it up. walk toward them.
step 3. stay under their booty. slap their feet.

if they go airborn run with all deliberate fat roll haste to get under them. they will shoot fire at where you were. always be moving toward them. when you reach them orbit behind them.

for dragon coop our biggest problem has been that my wizard buddy just gets clipped with a stray gout of fire, or sudden tail slap, the session ends.